Windows 10: My pictures in Wallpaper folder were gone after the 2004 update but then re-appear few...

Discus and support My pictures in Wallpaper folder were gone after the 2004 update but then re-appear few... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have finished my 2004 update from pre-downloaded ISO file. Before the update, I have set the background slide show for the folder a C:\Wallpaper .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ntd252, May 28, 2020.

1. /u/ntd252 Win User

My pictures in Wallpaper folder were gone after the 2004 update but then re-appear few...

I have finished my 2004 update from pre-downloaded ISO file.

Before the update, I have set the background slide show for the folder a C:\Wallpaper .

On the first boot right after the update is done, my background is just a black screen. I open Personalize I see the folder name is still correct, click the Browse button the Select folder window opens the Wallpaper folder, which has nothing. I open File Explorer to check it and just empty folder.

While thinking to get the backup on my external drive then my screen suddenly changes to a picture from Wallpaper folder. Date modified of Wallpaper folder hasn't changed (still from 2018).

So how is it possible for what just happened to me? Can Windows sync that folder to my account (I don't put it on One Drive). Thank you!

submitted by /u/ntd252
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ntd252, May 28, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. mrgeek Win User
    Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

My pictures in Wallpaper folder were gone after the 2004 update but then re-appear few... [​IMG]

mrgeek, May 28, 2020
  4. Seyazou Win User

My pictures in Wallpaper folder were gone after the 2004 update but then re-appear few...

Desktop wallpaper slideshow does not randomly select pictures, and cannot change the folder.

I'm using Windows 10, 64-bit.

Over the last few days, I noticed that the desktop wallpaper images do not change to random pictures, but goes in sequence. Also I cannot change the selected pictures folder I want to use for my desktop wallpaper slideshow.

Any suggestions?

Seyazou, May 28, 2020
Thema:

1. My pictures in Wallpaper folder were gone after the 2004 update but then re-appear few... - Similar Threads - pictures Wallpaper folder

2. The Pictures Folder Is Gone.

in Windows 10 Support
    The Pictures Folder Is Gone.: The latest windows update basically deleted my pictures folder and I want to know how to get it back, I have tried numerous software but all of them are demos and I don't want to have to pay millions of dollars or whatever in order to get it, please help. 174753
  3. documents folder appeared in pictures folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    documents folder appeared in pictures folder: a copy of the documents folder is in my pictures folder and I cant remove it. I have tried deleting it, I tried Properties>Choose the Location tab> click on restore default, and nothing I do can get it out of pictures. any ideas? [ATTACH]...
  4. Windows Update; Wallpaper gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update; Wallpaper gone: Please advise where I can recover the Wallpaper that the latest Update removed without my permission. How dare you!! I can't find it on my laptop. If you have lost it........
  5. The wallpaper keeps turning black after the 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The wallpaper keeps turning black after the 2004 update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/typehint [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gubnbp/the_wallpaper_keeps_turning_black_after_the_2004/
  6. 90% of my pictures are gone after changing the Picture´s folder location

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    90% of my pictures are gone after changing the Picture´s folder location: Hello. I changed the location of my Pictures folder to an external drive to make more room in my computer, and after doing so the majority of the .jpg files are missing. I changed the location back but it didn’t help. I checked the drive for errors, the users folder, looked...
  7. 90% of my pictures are gone after changing the Picture´s folder location

90% of my pictures are gone after changing the Picture´s folder location: Hello. I changed the location of my Pictures folder to an external drive to make more room in my computer, and after doing so the majority of the .jpg files are missing. I changed the location back but it didn’t help. I checked the drive for errors, the users folder, looked...
  8. Folder in OneDrive re-appears after delete

Folder in OneDrive re-appears after delete: Hello In my Win10 OneDrive folder I have a subfolder. I am trying to delete that subfolder. After I choose "delete" ….the folder re-appears after about 15 seconds. What am I doing wrong? Many thanks, Jim...
  9. Default Pictures Folder is Gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Pictures Folder is Gone: For some reason, my picture folder is in "Quick Access" pinned. When I go into the properties of the Photos folder that is pinned in "Quick Access", I look at the locations tab and it says it's in my User Folder. Though it does not appear inside of the User Folder, whereas...
  10. My Computer Folders keep re-appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    My Computer Folders keep re-appearing: Hey all, Both my Laptop and Desktop running Windows 10 have this issue i run the registry hack found here (Using 64bit as per my pc being 64bit) The folders re-appear after i reset my computer, they are never permanently disabled. i could have my computer silently...