Windows 10: my pin is gone, and the password does NOT work?

Discus and support my pin is gone, and the password does NOT work? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my pin is gone, when I get to the user logging screen it knows my email and user name but the password is wrong?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mPesch, Dec 15, 2022.

1. mPesch Win User

my pin is gone, and the password does NOT work?

my pin is gone, when I get to the user logging screen it knows my email and user name but the password is wrong?

:)

mPesch, Dec 15, 2022
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Dec 15, 2022
  3. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Dec 15, 2022
  4. my pin is gone, and the password does NOT work?

Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Dec 15, 2022
Thema:

my pin is gone, and the password does NOT work?

1. my pin is gone, and the password does NOT work? - Similar Threads - pin gone password

2. My PIN does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PIN does not work: Microsoft 11 was working fine and I used Microsoft Malware program after that my PIN stopped working. I have the password and it works and then I reset my PIN and cannot do it. I get a message " Something went wrong reset your Pin later". I have done that many times and get...
  3. My PIN does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PIN does not work: Microsoft 11 was working fine and I used Microsoft Malware program after that my PIN stopped working. I have the password and it works and then I reset my PIN and cannot do it. I get a message " Something went wrong reset your Pin later". I have done that many times and get...
  4. PIN does not work and password option gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN does not work and password option gone.: This morning, I turned on my PC and the login page said "You've entered an incorrect PIN several times. To try again, enter A1B2C3 below." I've never seen this message before. I enter A1B2C3 into the challenge question box, and then I just see an entry box for my PIN. I'm not...
  5. PIN does not work and password option gone.

PIN does not work and password option gone.: This morning, I turned on my PC and the login page said "You've entered an incorrect PIN several times. To try again, enter A1B2C3 below." I've never seen this message before. I enter A1B2C3 into the challenge question box, and then I just see an entry box for my PIN. I'm not...
  6. my pin is gone, and the password does NOT work?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    my pin is gone, and the password does NOT work?: my pin is gone, when I get to the user logging screen it knows my email and user name but the password is wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pin-is-gone-and-the-password-does-not-work/09845edf-d67a-4758-8384-e2724549f2a6
  7. my pin is gone, and the password does NOT work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pin is gone, and the password does NOT work?: my pin is gone, when I get to the user logging screen it knows my email and user name but the password is wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pin-is-gone-and-the-password-does-not-work/09845edf-d67a-4758-8384-e2724549f2a6
  8. Password log on gone - PIN issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password log on gone - PIN issue: Until yesterday, I logged on with a password.Today I am locked out. Pc asks for pin, which I know and enter. I then get the message that credentials aren’t recognised. I was asked to reset pin but the whole process fails eventually, after doing security checks, logging in in...
  9. Password log on gone - PIN issue

Password log on gone - PIN issue: Until yesterday, I logged on with a password.Today I am locked out. Pc asks for pin, which I know and enter. I then get the message that credentials aren’t recognised. I was asked to reset pin but the whole process fails eventually, after doing security checks, logging in in...
  10. Pin does not work, and neither does resetting password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin does not work, and neither does resetting password.: Recently sfter reverting to the last windows update, my pin has not been working. It returns the message “Your credentials could not be verified.” Upon pressing OK then emtering the pin again, it says “Something went wrong and your Pin isnt availiable. status: 0xc000015b,...