Windows 10: my pin on my pc wont work. "This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in...

Discus and support my pin on my pc wont work. "This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So my pc has a decent amount of problem and I'm sending it in for service because when I boot up the taskbar is not there and I have to turn off my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CameronGeorge_234, Feb 12, 2021.

1. my pin on my pc wont work. "This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in...

So my pc has a decent amount of problem and I'm sending it in for service because when I boot up the taskbar is not there and I have to turn off my power supply and back on again and now Its not letting me use my pin so I removed it for now and am using a password.

:)

CameronGeorge_234, Feb 12, 2021

2. Disable Sign In PIN

Hi I'm Peter an independent advisor, if you want to disable Windows 10 PIN sign in option, you can do it in this way.

Step 1: Press Windows and R key on the keyboard and enter gpedit.msc on Run open box. Then, press Enter or click the OK button to access Local Group Policy Editor.

run gpedit.msc

Step 2: In this interface, access Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Systems > Logon > Turn on PIN sign-in.

turn on PIN sign in option

Step 3: Double click Turn on PIN sign-in, and set this option to Disabled. Then click OK and Apply button. After that, the PIN sign in option is disabled.

PeterFlynn4, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Daxid1943 Win User

my pin on my pc wont work. "This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in...

Surface won't accept Pin - "This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns."

I have the same problem, in that my Microsoft Surface will not accept my PIN login since the last update (? about 2 weeks ago). I get the error message " this sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different
    sign in option or keep your device powered on for at least two hours and then try again". I have done this without success.

I have now tried the solution above you gave, but this has not worked either. Please advise.

[Post split by the moderator.]

Daxid1943, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

my pin on my pc wont work. "This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in...

1. my pin on my pc wont work. "This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in... - Similar Threads - pin wont sign

2. Surface won't accept Pin - "This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface won't accept Pin - "This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in...: After new update I can not sign into my surface pro. I’ve tried holding power button and volume button simultaneously for 15 seconds and waiting another 15 seconds before rebooting computer, with no luck on signing on....
  3. Surface won't accept Pin - "This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface won't accept Pin - "This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in...: After new update I can not sign into my surface pro. I’ve tried holding power button and volume button simultaneously for 15 seconds and waiting another 15 seconds before rebooting computer, with no luck on signing on....
  4. Help with This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts?: This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-this-sign-in-option-is-disabled-because/50d4c7ba-02ec-44cb-821e-8d8e81d12613
  5. Help with This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts?

Help with This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts?: This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-this-sign-in-option-is-disabled-because/50d4c7ba-02ec-44cb-821e-8d8e81d12613
  6. not able to sign-in to my windows 11 laptop. PIN sign-in option is disabled because of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not able to sign-in to my windows 11 laptop. PIN sign-in option is disabled because of...: I am not able to sign-in to my windows 11 laptop. acer NitroWhen I start my laptop, then I get "you have entered incorrect pin several times, To try again, enter A1B2C3", after entering A1B2C3, I get screen to enter PIN, but as soon as I enter my PIN, it leads to another...
  7. not able to sign-in to my windows 11 laptop. PIN sign-in option is disabled because of...

not able to sign-in to my windows 11 laptop. PIN sign-in option is disabled because of...: I am not able to sign-in to my windows 11 laptop. acer NitroWhen I start my laptop, then I get "you have entered incorrect pin several times, To try again, enter A1B2C3", after entering A1B2C3, I get screen to enter PIN, but as soon as I enter my PIN, it leads to another...
  8. This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns: I switch on the computer and put in my pin code. I get the message ' This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option or keep your device powered on for at least two hours and then try again'. The...
  9. This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns”...

This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns”...: This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns” How do I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-sign-in-option-is-disabled-because-of-failed/4bd907ca-f4e5-4d52-84e6-dad6fe6d2d77
  10. The sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns

The sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns: For close to a week now, my laptop has been going to the blue screen and automatically restarting. The stop code is UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP. I had not yet fixed this problem, but my laptop was still usable, as I could often still use it for extended periods of time....