Windows 10: My pin only has four characters. How do I get a six digit pin

Discus and support My pin only has four characters. How do I get a six digit pin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how do i get a six digit pin... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CarlMiller5, Jul 28, 2020.

1. My pin only has four characters. How do I get a six digit pin

how do i get a six digit pin

:)

CarlMiller5, Jul 28, 2020

2. PIN is now six characters

Thanks for your reply.

This is a quirk of some kind. It was insisting that my organisation has set minimum PIN length to six digits.

I managed to fix it by removing the PIN and then setting it up again (as a four digit number). PIN requirements now read as minimum four digits, just as before.

Mark_Weatherill, Jul 28, 2020
  3. How do I log into Windows by typing the last character of my PIN?

The minimum length is four digits (0–9 only; no letters or special characters allowed). When we set the PIN as four digits, to sign in to Windows on our laptop, type the PIN, we don’t even need to press the Enter key — just type the numbers.

How to Add a PIN to Your Account in Windows 10

For your question:
    How can I make it so that entering the last character of the PIN is enough to trigger login, removing the need to hit enter?

We can refer the articles: How to log in using PIN without pressing ENTER?

By default, the PIN is four digits, we don’t need to press the Enter key, in the article, the user need to hit enter, but when he changed the PIN and it does not need ENTER. we can test using PIN without pressing ENTER according to the article.

1. The length of the PIN is more than four but all numbers.
    2. The length of the PIN is more than four digits but includes numbers and other characters.

If we need to hit Enter in both cases, I think because the system defines the length of the PIN to be four digits, or customize its length. So if the system recognizes that the length of the PIN is only a minimum of 4 digits, he recognizes that the four digits are entered directly after being typed. When the PIN length exceeds four digits, he cannot recognize the length of the PIN until all PIN characters are entered, so we need to press the Enter key.

We can also configure PIN Complexity via Group Policy

How to enable & configure PIN Complexity Group Policy in Windows 10

Daisy Zhou, Jul 28, 2020
  4. My pin only has four characters. How do I get a six digit pin

PIN is now six characters

While updating to 'Creators Update' I got a message telling me that 'my organisation' has determined that my PIN must be six characters long.

Firstly, it isn't my organisation deciding this at all, it's Microsoft.

Secondly, isn't the point of a device-specific PIN that it's significantly quicker and easier
    than the Windows password? This change reduces that advantage by quite a lot.

Mark_Weatherill, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

My pin only has four characters. How do I get a six digit pin

1. My pin only has four characters. How do I get a six digit pin - Similar Threads - pin has four

2. I reloaded Authenticator and it has a 8 digit pin instead of 6. How do I get back to 6 digits?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reloaded Authenticator and it has a 8 digit pin instead of 6. How do I get back to 6 digits?: I reloaded Authenticator and it has a 8 digit pin instead of 6. How do I get back to 6 digits? I'm using this on my iphone. I have deleted it a few times and loaded it with the same thing. I can't help from microsoft phone support....
  3. I reloaded Authenticator and it has a 8 digit pin instead of 6. How do I get back to 6 digits?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I reloaded Authenticator and it has a 8 digit pin instead of 6. How do I get back to 6 digits?: I reloaded Authenticator and it has a 8 digit pin instead of 6. How do I get back to 6 digits? I'm using this on my iphone. I have deleted it a few times and loaded it with the same thing. I can't help from microsoft phone support....
  4. my pin code is only 16 digits long on my gift card how do i redeem it?

my pin code is only 16 digits long on my gift card how do i redeem it?: i have a older microsoft store gift card and it has only 16 digits for the pin not 25 . how do i use it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pin-code-is-only-16-digits-long-on-my-gift-card/325b7e08-9cfb-44e4-acc0-375826021264
  5. How do I change my password to a 4 digit pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my password to a 4 digit pin?: So, Microsoft wouldn't let me use the 4 digit pin I used to use.So, when I booted up my laptop, I used to be able to just type in 4 numbers, and then it would log me in. Now, I can't do that, and I need letters, numbers, all that jazz. I want to be able to just type in 4...
  6. How do I change my password to a 4 digit pin?

How do I change my password to a 4 digit pin?: So, Microsoft wouldn't let me use the 4 digit pin I used to use.So, when I booted up my laptop, I used to be able to just type in 4 numbers, and then it would log me in. Now, I can't do that, and I need letters, numbers, all that jazz. I want to be able to just type in 4...
  7. How do I change my password to a 4 digit pin?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How do I get rid of my PIN?

How do I get rid of my PIN?: Hello, I have tried removing my PIN several times following countless tutorials but every time it prompts me to input the PIN I just ''removed'', I did disable the ''For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device'', that didn't...
  9. How do I get rid of my PIN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of my PIN?: Hello, I have tried removing my PIN several times following countless tutorials but every time it prompts me to input the PIN I just ''removed'', I did disable the ''For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device'', that didn't...
  10. W10 will no longer accept finger print or four digit pin for sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    W10 will no longer accept finger print or four digit pin for sign in: W10 will no longer accept finger print or four digit pin for sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-will-no-longer-accept-finger-print-or-four/4b3f01bf-e84e-4934-9830-58a23f5a358b