Windows 10: My PIN sign in option disappeared completely!

Discus and support My PIN sign in option disappeared completely! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hey yesterday i tried to login to my laptop using my PIN code, i entered the correct code and windows kept denying. so i used the 'forget my PIN'... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ayman.a.K, May 24, 2020.

1. Ayman.a.K Win User

My PIN sign in option disappeared completely!

hey

yesterday i tried to login to my laptop using my PIN code, i entered the correct code and windows kept denying. so i used the 'forget my PIN' option to reset the PIN code, then suddenly the screen said something went wrong try again later, so i logged in via my email password. then i went to the account menu to reset my PIN and i found that the PIN option completely disappeared. i tried deleting the contents of the Ngc file but the file was already empty, i tried going though the local group policy editor and still it DIDN'T fix the problem. my pc is uptodate and everything was working fine except yesterday.

What should i do?

:)

Ayman.a.K, May 24, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 24, 2020
  3. Mossmadam Win User
    Option to sign in with PIN has disappeared

Your response does not address the issue. The option to use the PIN has disappeared. I was able to sign in successfully with my PIN until the last update. Now I can only sign in with my password as the options are not there. Why are the sign in options
    gone?

Mossmadam, May 24, 2020
  4. My PIN sign in option disappeared completely!

Hello & PIN sign-in options missing

Hi,

The Hello (face recognition) and PIN options have disappeared from the sign-in options on my Dell Inspiron running Windows 10.

This occurred after having to resolve a SecureBoot problem - likely to be due to a recent automatic upgrade.

Each time I try and set a new image and new PIN, I get caught in a loop for the PIN and the image for Hello never successfully forces through creation of Hello and PIN sign-in options.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

BArry

BarryMacleod-Cullinane, May 24, 2020
Thema:

My PIN sign in option disappeared completely!

1. My PIN sign in option disappeared completely! - Similar Threads - PIN sign option

2. PIN and sign in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN and sign in options: I am trying to change my PIN on the new installed windows 11. When I go to sign in options and go to PIN it tells me I cant change or set a new PIN and that its only available to Companies. I already have a PIN and that's how I log in into my account but I cant change it....
  3. PIN and sign in options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN and sign in options: I am trying to change my PIN on the new installed windows 11. When I go to sign in options and go to PIN it tells me I cant change or set a new PIN and that its only available to Companies. I already have a PIN and that's how I log in into my account but I cant change it....
  4. Sign In Option With Password Disappears

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign In Option With Password Disappears: Hello,I have a question. I got notification on my Acer Aspire 5 that said Windows 11 is ready and I could upgrade from Windows 10 to 11. I accepted the offer but not long after that, I had blue screen that said "... Stop code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED". I tried steps on...
  5. Sign In Option With Password Disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign In Option With Password Disappears: Hello,I have a question. I got notification on my Acer Aspire 5 that said Windows 11 is ready and I could upgrade from Windows 10 to 11. I accepted the offer but not long after that, I had blue screen that said "... Stop code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED". I tried steps on...
  6. Sign In Option With Password Disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Sign in options got disappear

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in options got disappear: My window 10 home pc got upgraded. After that i notice some sign in options are not apper .what did i do now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-options-got-disappear/f842ae70-1d05-4c7c-a682-48970d1e0d3f
  8. Sign-in Pin Option

Sign-in Pin Option: I've followed all support articles as to how enable, set up and activate pin, and how to take ownership of the Ngc files and still my dell computer does not show PIN sign-in option the Windows log-on. HELP!!!...
  9. PIN sign in option

PIN sign in option: How to remove PIN sign in option on local account sign in. It is not secure as it cannot be configured to work with a third party 2fa device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-sign-in-option/63ea7aae-38bf-4cd8-be1b-16f133a69619
  10. Windows Hello and Fingerprint Sign-In Option Working then COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED>...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello and Fingerprint Sign-In Option Working then COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED>...: I have a 3 month old ASUS Q525U Ntebook PC that came with fingerprint pad within the touchpad area and that is how I have been signing in consistently...until suddenly prompted with PIN or Password sign-in option and fingerprint not an option. This happened once before...