Windows 10: My playback device disappears when I turn on my second monitor??

Discus and support My playback device disappears when I turn on my second monitor?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have 2 monitors connected, both via DisplayPort on a 2080ti, and I want my audio coming through the primary monitor's internal speakers. If my main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sasuke0pro, Jun 8, 2020.

1. My playback device disappears when I turn on my second monitor??

I have 2 monitors connected, both via DisplayPort on a 2080ti, and I want my audio coming through the primary monitor's internal speakers.

If my main Monitor is the only one turned on, I get the playback device like this.

When I turn on my second monitor, the playback device disappears (and only the one from the second monitor shows, like this).

I tried switching the DP inputs on my graphics card, didn't work. I tried deactivating the playback device of the second monitor, that didn't work either, the main one still just disappears.

Has anyone here any experience with this issue?

submitted by /u/Sasuke0pro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sasuke0pro, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Swapna S Win User

Second monitor turned black, worked before

Hi Hendrik,

I appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with the display on second monitor.

This issue might be related to the Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exact error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

I suggest you to download and install the latest Intel HD Graphics 3000 drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

Search downloads

Please get back to us, if you are still experiencing with the display on second monitor.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Jun 8, 2020
  4. My playback device disappears when I turn on my second monitor??

Second monitor not detected

Hello,

May we know if you've already tried the suggestion provided by Robert Aldwinckle on forums on this

thread
    ?

If Windows can't detect your second monitor, it's usually a driver problem. It could be due to your video driver being outdated, incorrect or faulty. It's also possible that your monitor driver is causing the problem.

Since the issue occurred after the latest update, it's possible that the video or monitor drivers require an update. Try looking for the updated version of the drivers on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If the issue persists, try to roll back the drivers to the last good configuration. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Right-click your device driver, select Properties, and browse to the
      Driver tab.
    • Press the Roll Back Driver option if available, and Windows 10 will begin the process.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

My playback device disappears when I turn on my second monitor??

1. My playback device disappears when I turn on my second monitor?? - Similar Threads - playback device disappears

2. BSOD when turning on second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when turning on second monitor: Recently I have found that when I turn on my second monitor connected by Displayport I am given a BSOD error - DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER. This happens consistantly everytime I turn on the monitor. Windows reboots and when will not load until the second monitor is turned...
  3. BSOD when turning on second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when turning on second monitor: Recently I have found that when I turn on my second monitor connected by Displayport I am given a BSOD error - DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER. This happens consistantly everytime I turn on the monitor. Windows reboots and when will not load until the second monitor is turned...
  4. why when im gaming on my main monitor and i use my second monitor for something it turns...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why when im gaming on my main monitor and i use my second monitor for something it turns...: why when im gaming on my main monitor and i use my second monitor for something it turns black and turns back on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-when-im-gaming-on-my-main-monitor-and-i-use-my/8ec0cdde-616b-4876-9973-66777e58417c
  5. Second monitor connect when the second monitor turn off. when i plug on the monitor, second...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second monitor connect when the second monitor turn off. when i plug on the monitor, second...: i dont waht really going on. when my second montiro turn off and didnt connect to power source . my leptop detected the second monitor [ATTACH] but the name Generic PnP Monitor not the monitor type. and then i plug the monitor to power resource, the windows wont recognize...
  6. HDMI, second monitor and my icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDMI, second monitor and my icons disappeared: Hi guys! Yesterday I try to do what the cool kids do and connect and extra monitor to my laptop (with an HDMI high-speed cable KPHDME2). However, I started messing around with the settings, and here we are. Specifically, my icons first expanded, then somehow overlapped, then...
  7. My second monitor keeps turning off and on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My second monitor keeps turning off and on: I have 2 monitors connected to my pc. I reset my pc a week ago and when I got windows running my second monitor starts turning off and on when I’m playing a game and alt+tab out. Anyone know how to fix this? submitted by /u/TRxz-FariZKiller [link] [comments]...
  8. Monitor disappeared from Playback list

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor disappeared from Playback list: Hey all, I'm not sure exactly when but one day my monitors disappeared from the playback tab in sound settings. They had been working fine then they vanished. I've tried a few things like using audio and device troubleshooters, restarting my computer, and reinstalling some...
  9. Playback device changes spontaneously to one of my monitors

Playback device changes spontaneously to one of my monitors: I am using a docking station (Lenovo ThinkPad Ultra Dock 90W Portreplikator) which I plug my headphone to. If I select the Speaker/HP playback device in the volume control widget, the sound will play in my headphone. However, sometimes when I have started up windows fresh...
  10. My mouse cursor lags when i turn off my second monitor

My mouse cursor lags when i turn off my second monitor: As the title says, while my second monitor is turned on everything is okay and working fine, but when i turn it off cursor starts lagging and whole system lags. Tried to find the solution online but didn't find anything similar. Hope you cant try to help me! Ps this happened...