Windows 10: My playback devices is messed up

Discus and support My playback devices is messed up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I try to plug anything into the Audio Jack, nothing changes in Playback Devices, I've tried a lot of different things, I've updated Audio Drivers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pupqet, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Pupqet Win User

My playback devices is messed up

When I try to plug anything into the Audio Jack, nothing changes in Playback Devices, I've tried a lot of different things, I've updated Audio Drivers, I've enabled Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices, and checked to see if Windows 10 needs an update, which it doesn't. I have a headset and the Microphone won't work. I don't know what to do, can someone help me?

:)

Pupqet, Jan 5, 2019
  2. spriggs Win User

Playback devices

Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the headphones works exactly as it should but, oddly, the headphones no longer appear as an option in the playback menu. Any suggestion why?
    It has also been some considerable time since I was able to access the via hd console. Clicking on VIAAUD in Program Files has no effect whatsoever. Any views on this?

spriggs, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Issues with accessing playback devices after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Vohn,

As you are facing issues with accessing the playback device option on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated audio drivers, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 5, 2019
  4. My playback devices is messed up

Bluetooth Earphones not available as a playback device.

Hi Shafeeq,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I have attempted the above steps as you set out but the result is the same.

The system will still not recognise the earphones as a playback device.

Thank you.

JolleeRancher, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

My playback devices is messed up

1. My playback devices is messed up - Similar Threads - playback devices messed

2. Messed up device stuck in my Microsoft Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Messed up device stuck in my Microsoft Account: I had a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I built a new pc with a new hard drive for my new copy of Windows 10 Pro to go with it. Unfortunately I was planning to cannibalize my old laptop for parts so I had the old laptop hard drive in my PC during the install and ended up with...
  3. Messed up device stuck in my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up device stuck in my Microsoft Account: I had a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I built a new pc with a new hard drive for my new copy of Windows 10 Pro to go with it. Unfortunately I was planning to cannibalize my old laptop for parts so I had the old laptop hard drive in my PC during the install and ended up with...
  4. My headphones aren't showing up in the playback devices.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My headphones aren't showing up in the playback devices.: Even though my headphones are not visible in the play back devices, I can still hear sound through Real Tek audio drivers but the problem is it isn't picking out my headset mic and is using my laptop mic Which is an acer nitro 5. I already have tried to go in sounds and...
  5. Headphones not showing up on my playback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphones not showing up on my playback devices: None of my headphones are showing up in my playback devices. They used to work before when I got this laptop, but after a windows update, for some reason, my headphones wouldn't work unless I restarted the laptop. In addition, my playback devices only had one device:...
  6. My device is a mess.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My device is a mess.: I am so tired of this problem occurred to my laptop. I don't have control of it. I think this had happened when I am going to uninstall a program. The process took so long and I force closed it from the task manager. However, after that my laptop became unstable. I can see...
  7. Messed up playback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up playback: After pressing windows+alt+G i get a notification that xbox recorded the clip. So when i go to my captures in my files too see the video its just a black screen with only audio. How do I fix this?...
  8. Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices

Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices: So I've troubleshooted with two headsets, both of them I'm getting output from, but neither microphones are working. I've uninstalled drivers, unplugged/restarted etc.. And one of them is a 3.5mm jack while the other is USB so it's not a port issue either. Would anybody...
  9. No audio and no device pops up in playback devices

No audio and no device pops up in playback devices: Hi, So I'm on a windows ten PC and I was recently using Skullcandy headphones which broke so while I wait for my new ones to get here I was going to use regular earbuds, But when I plugged them in it gave me the popup saying you plugged something into the audio jack but no...
  10. Playback devices

Playback devices: Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the...