Windows 10: My power plug for Windows 10 keeps glitching out and shutting off my computer

Discus and support My power plug for Windows 10 keeps glitching out and shutting off my computer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This just randomly started every time I did leave for like a little bit probably like an hour, it will shut off my Windows 10 computer will shut off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by EthanKemp, Oct 31, 2018.

1. EthanKemp Win User

My power plug for Windows 10 keeps glitching out and shutting off my computer

This just randomly started every time I did leave for like a little bit probably like an hour, it will shut off my Windows 10 computer will shut off then I would have to angle the power plug just right and then I will turn on now I can't even turn it on any suggestions?

:)

EthanKemp, Oct 31, 2018

2. Windows 10 Pro (fully updated) will not shut down properly

Hi Chayan,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How exactly are you shutting down the computer? Is it from Start menu?
    • Did you try shutting down by pressing and holding the power button?
    • Did you make any recent changes to the computer settings?
    • Did you plug any external device to the computer?
    I would like to inform you that it is bit difficult to pin point on the exact reason behind the issue unless we get the answers for the questions asked above.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to press and hold the power button and check if the computer able to shut down completely.

If the issue persist try unplug plug the charger\power cord from the power source and check if the issue persists, this may also arise due to any fault in the power source.

If the above steps doesn’t work, I suggest you to check if the fast startup option is enabled.

• Access control panel by right clicking on the Start menu.
    • Choose Power options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do and check if it is enabled.(Disable it if enabled)
    Please let us know if you are able to shut down the system properly after following the above steps. If the issue persists, please reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Computer not booting to desktop, stuck at Restarting screen

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting in Community.

The issue might occur if the system is not Shut down properly. As you have already tried restarting the system several times, I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Turn Off the computer and remove the power cable.
    • Long press the Power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Plug in the power cable and switch on the computer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 31, 2018
  4. DianeGill Win User

about plug-in or plug-out with AC adapter

I have done all of the above and when I plug my computer in with a fully charged battery the screen still goes black - I am on Windows 10 and my computer is 3 days old - HP Pavillion Laptop - I know there has got to be an easy answer for this Problem - Like
    a setting somewhere, but I am used to using my computer plugged in at all times and I think that it is stupid that I have to take out the battery to do this??? Any more suggestions??? :-(

DianeGill, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. My power plug for Windows 10 keeps glitching out and shutting off my computer - Similar Threads - power plug keeps

2. My PC keeps computer keeps restarting/shutting off and crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC keeps computer keeps restarting/shutting off and crashing: For reference, I am running windows 10 on my PC. Every time I play games after a little while, my PC either shuts off completely or restarts. Sometimes a blue screen appears, but other times it doesn't; it simply crashes. Also, sometimes my PC will just freeze, so I have to...
  3. My PC keeps computer keeps restarting/shutting off and crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC keeps computer keeps restarting/shutting off and crashing: For reference, I am running windows 10 on my PC. Every time I play games after a little while, my PC either shuts off completely or restarts. Sometimes a blue screen appears, but other times it doesn't; it simply crashes. Also, sometimes my PC will just freeze, so I have to...
  4. My PC keeps computer keeps restarting/shutting off and crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My computer keeps shutting off!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer keeps shutting off!: Hello! So I wanted to see what the problem with my computer is. Windows 10 LaptopMy computer specs areIntelR CoreTM i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.29 GHzWith 12 GB of DDR3 RamSo basically, Every 30-40 Minutes my computer just shuts off. However, in the second of shutting down, a...
  6. My computer keeps shutting off!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps shutting off!: Hello! So I wanted to see what the problem with my computer is. Windows 10 LaptopMy computer specs areIntelR CoreTM i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.29 GHzWith 12 GB of DDR3 RamSo basically, Every 30-40 Minutes my computer just shuts off. However, in the second of shutting down, a...
  7. My computer keeps shutting off!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 Keep Randomly Shutting My Computer Down To Sign Out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Keep Randomly Shutting My Computer Down To Sign Out: I have had my computer for a few months and it just started randomly restarting to sign out. This happens at least every day, 1-2 times probably. I'm not sure why this is happening as I haven't downloaded anything or gone to weird websites in this time. I ran a malware scan...
  9. Power went out and shut off my computer, now my Windows 10 is acting strangely.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power went out and shut off my computer, now my Windows 10 is acting strangely.: Hi there. Just a few minutes ago, my power went out and turned off my computer. Normally this is fine, I just restart my computer and all is well, but now when I boot my computer it acts strangely. Some ions on the right of the task bar are missing or invisible (internet...
  10. My Computer screen keeps turning off but turns on when I plug in the power cord

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Computer screen keeps turning off but turns on when I plug in the power cord: So I have a Lenovo Laptop and whenever I unplug the power cord the screen fades out as if my brightness is changing. Whenever I put in the power cord it returns to normal. But when I type or press anything it is still going through....