Windows 10: My power saver is set to put my computer to sleep but it is staying on all the time.

Discus and support My power saver is set to put my computer to sleep but it is staying on all the time. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My power saver is set to put my computer to sleep in 15 or 30 minutes, but has recently stopped putting the computer to sleep and it stays on all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LeeRitter1, Sep 19, 2019.

1. My power saver is set to put my computer to sleep but it is staying on all the time.

My power saver is set to put my computer to sleep in 15 or 30 minutes, but has recently stopped putting the computer to sleep and it stays on all the time. How do I fix this. Is this something resulting from the latest Windows update. I have a Dell Inspiron 7000 less than a year old.

:)

LeeRitter1, Sep 19, 2019

2. screen saver

Hi Jack,

Thank you for using Windows10.

Let us know what happens exactly when you try to set the screen-saver or put the computer to sleep.

I would suggest you to review he settings and check. Here is the steps:

To change Screen Saver:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Screen Saver and click on Change Screen Saver.
    • Select the screensaver from the drop down menu and click on Apply.
    • Click on OK.
    To put the computer in sleep:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Power and click on Power Options.
    • Select Change when the computer sleeps in the left panel.
    Reply with the updated status for further help and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Sep 19, 2019
  3. mikimills Win User
    screen saver/power settings

I have tried every suggestion listed in this forum to set my screen to not go off every minute and require me to wait for a re-start of the screen. All power settings are adjusted to 'never' and the screen saver is set to 'on' and wait times of over 40
    minutes. I am going to return this computer because of this problem as work can not be done.

Any thoughts???

mikimills, Sep 19, 2019
  4. My power saver is set to put my computer to sleep but it is staying on all the time.

Computer won't stay in sleep mode

Hi,

If the computer wakes up unexpectedly, it may be activated by timed action of the system or an application. To correct such issue, you can follow the steps below:

• Type Power options in the search box, then select it from the list.
    • In the current power plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Select Change advanced power settings.
    • Under Power options, click on the plus sign for
      Sleep option.
    • Change the preference under Allow wake times from
      Enable in Disable.
    • Click OK.
    Update us if the steps above addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

My power saver is set to put my computer to sleep but it is staying on all the time.

1. My power saver is set to put my computer to sleep but it is staying on all the time. - Similar Threads - power saver set

2. Is there a way for me to increase the time my screen saver stays?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way for me to increase the time my screen saver stays?: Hello!I wanted to know if there is a way that I can use to increase the time my screen saver stays. Can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-for-me-to-increase-the-time-my/21d44e12-42b6-496d-88ba-e30d4e198b81
  3. Is there a way for me to increase the time my screen saver stays?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way for me to increase the time my screen saver stays?: Hello!I wanted to know if there is a way that I can use to increase the time my screen saver stays. Can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-for-me-to-increase-the-time-my/21d44e12-42b6-496d-88ba-e30d4e198b81
  4. Is there a way for me to increase the time my screen saver stays?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen and sleep settings do not work all the time/screen stays on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen and sleep settings do not work all the time/screen stays on: For the past 2 months I have had an issue where the "Screen & Sleep" settings do not seem to work sometimes. The default is Screen off at 5 minutes, Sleep at 20 minutes. I usually have Sleep set to never, but it has not seemed to be an issue since I got the computer February...
  6. Screen and sleep settings do not work all the time/screen stays on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen and sleep settings do not work all the time/screen stays on: For the past 2 months I have had an issue where the "Screen & Sleep" settings do not seem to work sometimes. The default is Screen off at 5 minutes, Sleep at 20 minutes. I usually have Sleep set to never, but it has not seemed to be an issue since I got the computer February...
  7. Power, Screen saver, and Sleep settings have no affect

in Windows 10 Support
    Power, Screen saver, and Sleep settings have no affect: I have just recently done a clean install of Win 10. This install is the only thing on this computer at this time. I was surprised to see the monitor still on in the morning after the install. From Settings > Power and Sleep I set the screen off after 10 minutes and sleep...
  8. My computer won’t sleep after time set

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer won’t sleep after time set: My computer doesn’t go to sleep at the set time. I have checked all of the settings and nothing worked. However, my computer does go to sleep when I am signed out of my account. What causes this? submitted by /u/Laxfam [link] [comments]...
  9. power saver settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power saver settings: i've assigned power settings as many places as i can, saved, restarted, but screen saver STILL comes on after only 5 minutes. why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-saver-settings/fc0bd50a-a3ba-442d-a2f6-4912d97327ff
  10. Set time for password on awakening after computer put into sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set time for password on awakening after computer put into sleep mode?: When I take a break from the computer, I click on my Sleep taskbar icon. I guess in my safety paranoiac state, I set things up so that when I awaken the computer, I have to put in my master PW. This has become a PITA and I was wondering if one can set the timing such that the...