Windows 10: My previous computer stop functioning and I bought a new one. I want to use my previous...

Discus and support My previous computer stop functioning and I bought a new one. I want to use my previous... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a digital license for Windows Pro that was bought a couple months ago. Now I want to use that digital license and product key in a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Diego Zeballos Fraigne, Jun 25, 2019.

1. My previous computer stop functioning and I bought a new one. I want to use my previous...

I have a digital license for Windows Pro that was bought a couple months ago.

Now I want to use that digital license and product key in a new computer, as the previous one where that key was activated no longer exists.

I followed all step by step guides but activation keeps saying my product key was used in a previous device.

I do not want to buy a new license. What can I do?

:)

Diego Zeballos Fraigne, Jun 25, 2019

2. reverting to previous build/version

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue.

• When the computer did froze? Is it when you tried to roll back?
    • Did you receive any error message?
    I suggest you to remove all the external devices plugged in to the computer and check if it helps to resolve the issue. If the issue persists, please restart the computer and check whether it rolled back or not. If it loads Windows 10,
    I suggest you to download the latest ISO of Windows 10 and perform automatic repair.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Steps to perform repair:

a) Insert the installation DVD or USB
    and boot Windows 8 from it.

b) In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

c) Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d) Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

If you really would like to rollback, I suggest you to refer the below article on How to go back to the previous operating system (Windows 7/8.1) from Windows 10.

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 23rd, 2015

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 22nd, 2018

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy

to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 25, 2019
  3. How to restore a text document to its previous form?

Have you tried saving a new document not following the same steps you did prior to this concern? If so, did you experience the same issue?

In the meantime, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the text document.
    • Choose Restore previous versions.
    • Go to Previous Versions tab.
    • Look for the previous version of the document.
    • Choose Open or Restore.
    • Click on Apply.

The steps will allow you to browse all previous versions of the document.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Desiree Yau, Jun 25, 2019
  4. patrickYF Win User

My previous computer stop functioning and I bought a new one. I want to use my previous...

would like to go back to the previous version of sticky; new version is not functional.

would like to go back to the previous version of sticky; new version is not functional.

patrickYF, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

My previous computer stop functioning and I bought a new one. I want to use my previous...

1. My previous computer stop functioning and I bought a new one. I want to use my previous... - Similar Threads - previous computer stop

2. How do I get Minecraft on my new computer if I previously purchased it on my old one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get Minecraft on my new computer if I previously purchased it on my old one?: I recently purchased a new computer to replace my old laptop from five years ago. Everything moved over just fine. However, Minecraft is a program that I have struggled with. Around five years ago, I purchased Minecraft for Windows so I could play with my friends easier. It...
  3. How do I get Minecraft on my new computer if I previously purchased it on my old one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get Minecraft on my new computer if I previously purchased it on my old one?: I recently purchased a new computer to replace my old laptop from five years ago. Everything moved over just fine. However, Minecraft is a program that I have struggled with. Around five years ago, I purchased Minecraft for Windows so I could play with my friends easier. It...
  4. I want to change my ThisPC>Documents and ThisPC>Pictures locations to my previous ones.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to change my ThisPC>Documents and ThisPC>Pictures locations to my previous ones.: So! I have been having this issue for about a year now, as of writing this. In that time I have done everything in my power to trouble shooting/googling/fixing this issue, to no avail.To give you some more context and background. about a year ago my location for my...
  5. I want to change my ThisPC>Documents and ThisPC>Pictures locations to my previous ones.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change my ThisPC>Documents and ThisPC>Pictures locations to my previous ones.: So! I have been having this issue for about a year now, as of writing this. In that time I have done everything in my power to trouble shooting/googling/fixing this issue, to no avail.To give you some more context and background. about a year ago my location for my...
  6. I want to change my ThisPC>Documents and ThisPC>Pictures locations to my previous ones.

7. If I have a previous backup with new data, but not all the songs i want on an old computer,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I have a previous backup with new data, but not all the songs i want on an old computer,...: I realized a while ago that I must have removed some songs from my previous iphone. Someone gave me a different iphone so i could update an app on a different iOS. I had backed up my previous iPhone prior. Then what happened was my old laptop started having problems, and i...
  8. If I have a previous backup with new data, but not all the songs i want on an old computer,...

If I have a previous backup with new data, but not all the songs i want on an old computer,...: I realized a while ago that I must have removed some songs from my previous iphone. Someone gave me a different iphone so i could update an app on a different iOS. I had backed up my previous iPhone prior. Then what happened was my old laptop started having problems, and i...
  9. want to downgrade to my previous windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    want to downgrade to my previous windows: heyy I switch to windows 10 a while ago but I want to go back it windows 8.1 but when I go in the recovery settings I doesn't give me the option to go back. Can you help me go back to windows 8.1 please cause my system is slower on windows 10....
  10. I want my previous desk top back

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want my previous desk top back: I want my previous desk top back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-my-previous-desk-top-back/ac923d55-59c9-45c8-99d9-4c3e89302c1a