Windows 10: My previously closed and currently open tabs do not disappear and a faint version of those...

Discus and support My previously closed and currently open tabs do not disappear and a faint version of those... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For some reason when I open a tab and close it or keep it open and switch to another one, I can still faintly see the tab on my screen even after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zipperwaffle, Jan 1, 2021.

1. My previously closed and currently open tabs do not disappear and a faint version of those...

For some reason when I open a tab and close it or keep it open and switch to another one, I can still faintly see the tab on my screen even after I close it. I can faintly see the sites I have previously visited on my taskbar even when I'm on a different tab, but I can also see the rest of the previously visited websites when I go to another website and it has yet to load. Even when I am shutting down my PC or while I'm logging into my computer, I can faintly see the entire tabs I have closed or visited on the screen. It seems that even when I close these tabs they still linger on my screen and I don't know how to get rid of them. Can someone please explain to me what I can do to get rid of them?

:)

Zipperwaffle, Jan 1, 2021

2. can't close current tab in Windows 10

When I try to close the current tab, a dropdown asks if I want to close all tabs or cancel, even if I only have one "tab" up. I have to respond to this in order to close anything. If I chose cancel, the current tab remains, as one would expect. If I choose
    close all tabs, no matter how many I have up, it drops me to the lock screen, and I have to start over. Using Cortana, I have to go back through the original steps to get to the first page of my search. I can close steps in the search box, but that doesn't
    work for everything.

RosemarieWard, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Desktop is displayed on closing the current page on Windows 10.

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you minimize the tabs before opening the current page/window?
    • Does the issue occur even when the tabs are not minimized and you try to get to the previously browsed page/window?

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when trying to switch from currently browsing page/window to the previously browsed page/window is not minimized. To do so follow the steps below:

• Open a web page/app window on the desktop and open another program on the page while retaining the previously opened page in the background.
    • Minimize the current page you are at and check if the previously opened web page/app window is accessible. You can also press
      Alt + Tab keys on the keyboard and check if you are able to access the previously accessed web page/app window.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Navrah Win User

My previously closed and currently open tabs do not disappear and a faint version of those...

can't close current tab in Windows 10

I have also found the missing 'Close Current Tab' annoying. I cannot find it anywhere on my screen. This is definitely not an improvement.

Someone elsewhere has suggested that pressing Ctrl & w will close the current tab. It seems to work for me.

Navrah, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

My previously closed and currently open tabs do not disappear and a faint version of those...

1. My previously closed and currently open tabs do not disappear and a faint version of those... - Similar Threads - previously closed currently

2. Open explorer in currently opened explorer as new tab.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open explorer in currently opened explorer as new tab.: Say i have explorer open and i select a folder on my desktop the folder opens in a new explorer window.Is there a setting to have folders open as a new tab in currently opened explorer instead of an entirely new window by default?...
  3. Open explorer in currently opened explorer as new tab.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open explorer in currently opened explorer as new tab.: Say i have explorer open and i select a folder on my desktop the folder opens in a new explorer window.Is there a setting to have folders open as a new tab in currently opened explorer instead of an entirely new window by default?...
  4. Edge closes the previous tab when I open a new one

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge closes the previous tab when I open a new one: Using Windows 10 Home and Edge Version 90.0.818.46 Official build 64-bitAny time I open a new tab it closes the previous tab. I've shut down and restarted but the problem is still there. Probably going to use Chrome instead if this continues....
  5. enabling command prompt of closing all tabs or current tabs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    enabling command prompt of closing all tabs or current tabs: In Internet Explorer it allows you to access your setting to allow it to prompt you when closing out, if you want to close all tabs or current tab. how do you enable that in Microsoft edge?...
  6. Closing all open tabs by mistake

in Windows 10 Customization
    Closing all open tabs by mistake: Hello there! I know I have seen similar posts as this regarding the unfortunate propensity of Windows 10 to close all open tabs without any warning when the top right 'X' is clicked. Until recently a warning appeared asking if I wanted to close all tabs or just the current...
  7. Windows 10 closes previously opened windows

Windows 10 closes previously opened windows: Windows 10 seems to be an all-around failure. When I'm in an application, then open up a new window from that application and close it the previous window was mysteriously minimized. Or while in my PHOTOS folder then open a photo to view it, then close that photo out, my...
  8. "Do you want to close all tabs or the current tab? "

"Do you want to close all tabs or the current tab? ": loading new edge has lost the "Do you want to close all tabs or the current tab? " box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-you-want-to-close-all-tabs-or-the-current-tab/1b31eb7f-452a-4cc9-834a-353e03671280
  9. File versions present but not shown in "previous versions" tab on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File versions present but not shown in "previous versions" tab on Windows 10: I've had File History running successfully for many months but wanted to reduce versions to free space on my backup drive. I altered the history configuration, reducing retention from 1 year to 6 months last week and backups continued but I noticed that purging of versions...
  10. previously closed chrome windows appear faintly in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    previously closed chrome windows appear faintly in taskbar: i think my screen is ok, not burned or anything. at the bottom on the taskbar i saw 2 faint chrome pages that i had visited earlier and closed a long time ago. they were not functional to open and they could not be closed either. they were next to the bright active chrome...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my access tabs are faint why