Windows 10: my primary button is not working right

Discus and support my primary button is not working right in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my primary button does not work right. when I hit search it shows a box with save as is, select all, etc. but doesn't search. how to fix.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ronald JNehring, Feb 22, 2019.

1. my primary button is not working right

my primary button does not work right. when I hit search it shows a box with save as is, select all, etc. but doesn't search. how to fix.

:)

Ronald JNehring, Feb 22, 2019

2. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Primary Mouse Button

This issue seems to be cropping up for many people. I have an HP Pavilion and have followed all the advice but the primary button is set as "right" but randomly defaults to "left" even though the setting is showing right. It can work for a while and
    then changes. How can I get this sorted? As a left handed person is it really inconvenient and uncomfortable to have the left button as the primary. I have tried resetting it under mouse options and have used the reset option on the touchpad settings which
    does make it work as a right primary button intitially but then it changes back whilst I am using it.

HelenSmanc, Feb 22, 2019
  4. my primary button is not working right

The right click on touchpad is not working. New PC running windows 10

Hi,

With regard to your query, we suggest that you try to chech the button configuration settings in Mouse Properties by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key and select Settings.
    • Click on Devices.
    • Under Mouse and touchpad settings,click on Additional mouse options.
    • In Buttons tab, make sure that the Switch primary and secondary buttons
      option is disabled.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

my primary button is not working right

1. my primary button is not working right - Similar Threads - primary button working

2. Left mouse button not working right

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left mouse button not working right: First I thought hardware issueWhen I click the left mouse button it doesn't work. I press it 5-10 times then it may respond once. In the mouse settings if I switch from right to left buttons then the right works fine however when I restart my system it switches back to left....
  3. Left mouse button not working right

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left mouse button not working right: First I thought hardware issueWhen I click the left mouse button it doesn't work. I press it 5-10 times then it may respond once. In the mouse settings if I switch from right to left buttons then the right works fine however when I restart my system it switches back to left....
  4. Mouse Primary Button keeps changing itself to right click

Mouse Primary Button keeps changing itself to right click: My mouse's primary button keeps changing to right click all by itself. I can temporarily fix it by changing it back to left click but after sometime it goes back to right click. Is there any long-term solution? Please help me I really need it...
  5. Mouse Primary Button keeps changing itself to right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Primary Button keeps changing itself to right click: My mouse's primary button keeps changing to right click all by itself. I can temporarily fix it by changing it back to left click but after sometime it goes back to right click. Is there any long-term solution? Please help me I really need it...
  6. Mouse Primary Button keeps changing itself to right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. mouse right button not working

mouse right button not working: mouse right button not working please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-right-button-not-working/be5ad139-ab02-485a-82b2-b3ff783cc639
  8. Set Left Button as Primary not Right Button

Set Left Button as Primary not Right Button: The Windows Icon is located in the lower left corner of the screen. When I LB click it, an hour glass icon appears, then goes away, and there is no further action. When I RB Click, I see the expected pop up menu which contains the shutdown command among others. Shouldn’t this...
  9. Set Left Button as Primary not Right Button

in Windows 10 Support
    Set Left Button as Primary not Right Button: The Windows Icon is located in the lower left corner of the screen. When I LB click it, an hour glass icon appears, then goes away, and there is no further action. When I RB Click, I see the expected pop up menu which contains the shutdown command among others. Shouldn’t this...
  10. Change Mouse Primary Button to Left or Right in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Mouse Primary Button to Left or Right in Windows 10: How to: Change Mouse Primary Button to Left or Right in Windows 10 How to Change Mouse Primary Button to Left or Right in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can select the primary button of your mouse to be the left or right button. The primary button is...