Windows 10: My Primera Label Printer will not work after a security update

Discus and support My Primera Label Printer will not work after a security update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Primera LX900, after an automatic security update will not print. Un-installed the printer and re-install, reinstalled the driver, updated the OS,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrianChilton, Dec 7, 2018.

1. My Primera Label Printer will not work after a security update

Primera LX900, after an automatic security update will not print.

Un-installed the printer and re-install, reinstalled the driver, updated the OS, the design program printing from, etc.

:)

BrianChilton, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Isha Soni Win User

Dymo 4XL label printer not working with Windows 10

Hello,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

This could be due to incompatible printer drivers. Printer driver is provided by Printer manufacturer. Please try these methods below and check.

Did you try to set Printer as default?

First, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to set the printer as default.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Select Control Panel.
    • Click on Devices and Printers.
    • Under printers, Right on the printer.
    • Select set as default printer.

Set or change your default printer

Applies to Windows 10 also.

Method 1: Run the Fixit

Fix printer problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...10&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2: Update the drivers.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the printer drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your Printer devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Restart the computer and check the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Printer Not Working after Update

Hi Von,

Since your printer is also having an issue after an update, we suggest that you run the Printer Troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. Follow the steps provided in the link on my first response. Also, can you provide us additional details regarding
    your concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Which update are you referring to which caused this issue?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Keep us posted so we can further assist you.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 7, 2018
  4. elleswett Win User

My Primera Label Printer will not work after a security update

Win 10 changes printer settings if not a default printer

I understand this. My question was a work around that. If you are printing multiple documents and having to go in between label printer and regular printer, setting the printer default manually is an extra step that will not suffice due to it's inefficiency.
    Other suggestion?

elleswett, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

My Primera Label Printer will not work after a security update

1. My Primera Label Printer will not work after a security update - Similar Threads - Primera Label Printer

2. Will my Brother QL-710W Label Printer Work with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will my Brother QL-710W Label Printer Work with Windows 11?: Several attempts to install have been unsuccessful. Information on the internet is a little murky, with Brother claiming some printers won't work with Windows 11. Other info says USB connections won't work but wireless might. I've tried both without success. Anyone out there...
  3. Print labels from Excel with Dymo label printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print labels from Excel with Dymo label printer: Is it possible to print a label on the Dymo 450 label printer directly from an Excel spreadsheet cell, without having to import the data? I just want to print 2 or 3 cells straight off the spreadsheet. Is it possible to select a cell/s within Excel and just select print?...
  4. DYMO Printer is printing a blank label after update the windows to latest update.

DYMO Printer is printing a blank label after update the windows to latest update.: I am from DYMO. DYMO is making the label printers. Consumer who update their windows 10 to latest version of update are having a problem with the printers. Blank label are printed out. If we ask them to roll back the update, it started working fine. What could be the...
  5. Comer label printer

Comer label printer: When I plug Comer label printer into my HP Pavillion gaming laptop Running windows 10 nothing happens. Dont know how to get the driver. I've run device troubleshooter but it doesnt find the issue. halp...
  6. my label/writer printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my label/writer printer: HI I AM TRYING TO ADD MY LABEL/WRITER PRINTER TO MY LAPTOP FOR LABELS BUT IS STUCK ON GETTING IT CONNECTED, PLEASE HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-labelwriter-printer/e3436cad-aaf7-44cc-adf4-efff25692a0a
  7. Primera Bravo Printer 4200 will not work with 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Primera Bravo Printer 4200 will not work with 1809: I have a Primera Bravo Disc Publisher that will not work with Windows 10 ver 1809. Every time I install it after I reboot, Windows will go into repair mode. I have re-imaged the computer twice and recovered it twice. It doesn't matter if I do PTpublisher or PTburn, the...
  8. printers not working after update

printers not working after update: Computer/programs do not recognize installed printers after installing upgrade. They show in the device manager but do not show up in any program when trying to print....
  9. My Printer is not working after the last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Printer is not working after the last update: My Printer is not working after the last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-is-not-working-after-the-last-update/1ab3b54a-c034-48da-8855-bc1ef2da884d
  10. Dymo Label Manager PnP Label printer

Dymo Label Manager PnP Label printer: Hi. Just bought on of these Dymo Label Manager PnP Label printer Dymo S0915390 Label Manager PnP Plug and Play Label Maker: Amazon.co.uk: Office Products It states plug and play.When I connected it to my windows 10 upon opening the auto run I get a box on screen...