Windows 10: My printer and computer are connected and prints fine, but how can I get the scanning...

Discus and support My printer and computer are connected and prints fine, but how can I get the scanning... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My printer is a 3-way and the Scanner is listed on my computer with the printer. When I try to scan a page, it states the 2 items are not connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FuchsiaRose, Aug 15, 2018.

1. My printer and computer are connected and prints fine, but how can I get the scanning...

My printer is a 3-way and the Scanner is listed on my computer with the printer. When I try to scan a page, it states the 2 items are not connected and can't work. My computer's name is listed on the printer so I don't see what the problem is.

:)

FuchsiaRose, Aug 15, 2018
  2. slim142 Win User

Can't "Scan To" from printer. Please help!

The scenenario is the following:

We have multiple subnets in our network. One of them is the security one which is 10.224.2.xxx

Computer A is connected directly into it. Ethernet cable comes out of the wall and goes into her Intel NIC.

Computer B is also connected directly into it. However, ethernet cable comes out of the wall, goes into a dock and then through the USB cable, gets internet.

Computer C is connected to our wireless security network which is 10.224.4.xxx
    This computer is allowed on the firewall to talk to 10.224.2.xxx

All three computer have Webroot SecureAnywhere installed. The printer is an EPSON Workforce WF-4640. IP is 10.224.2.122 / 255.255.254.0 / 10.224.2.1 gateway / no iPV6 / 192.168.50.18 & .19 are DNS's. Printer has static IP.

I proceeded to install the drivers on all three computers. Here is where the problem comes.

Computer A installs just fine. Finds the printer on the subnet and completes installation. I can print and scan FROM the computer. I can also scan FROM the printer. When I go to "Document Capture Pro", I can see scan to: COMPUTER A on the list.

Computer B also installs just fine. Finds the printer and completes the installation. I can print and scan FROM the computer, but I cannot scan FROM the printer. It just wont list COMPUTER B at all!. I tried plugging the ethernet cable directly into the laptop, but still, the printer will not show computer B in the scan to list.

Computer C the same story, but worse. I cannot finish the installation properly because it will not find the printer. It is obviously on a different subnet, but it will not let me type in the address so I just cancel the printer finder part. I manually go to control panel and adjust the IP parameters. Same thing, I can print and scan from the computer but cannot scan FROM the printer. It will not list Computer C in the list.

I have tripled checked the EPSON Scan software on each PC. Each has the IP parameters set properly. I have spent days installing and reinstalling drivers, but no luck. Printer has updated firmware. I tried disabling Windows firewall, nothing.
    At first I wanted to think it was Webroot, since there is a review on Amazon from a guy that had the same problem, but using Norton. However, how come Computer A works just fine?
    When I though it was the dock, I quickly found out it was not as explained in Computer B when I plugged it directly.

At this point, Im running out of ideas. Im not even sure where else to go.

slim142, Aug 15, 2018
  3. unable to scan to computer

My HP Envy 4524 printer set up using HP website and prints fine using wireless connection. However, when attempting a scan printer window message saying no computer found. I have read various suggestions indicating web scan may need to be enabled on
    my laptop, but the steps suggested could not be followed as I think they may refer to an earlier version of windows. Can anyone suggest how I might get my scan to computer enabled using windows 10?

BillNotley, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Jan123 Win User

My printer and computer are connected and prints fine, but how can I get the scanning...

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

• Remove the printer device.
    • Add a Printer
    • The printer that I want isn’t listed
    • Select a shared printer by name
    • Browse
    • Select the displayed Machine 1.
    • Select the displayed Printer.
    • Next
    • Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    • Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    • Next
    • Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    • Detecting TCP/IP Port
    • Additional Port information required.
    • Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    • Next
    • Detecting the Driver Model
    • Install The Print Driver
    • Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    • Next
    • Replace the Current Driver
    • Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    • Next
    • Do not share this printer
    • Next
    • You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    • Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

My printer and computer are connected and prints fine, but how can I get the scanning...

1. My printer and computer are connected and prints fine, but how can I get the scanning... - Similar Threads - printer computer are

2. how can i get my printer to print from my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i get my printer to print from my computer?: I cannot get my printer canon 8520 series to print from my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-printer-to-print-from-my-computer/ab569d27-2066-42ef-bfba-a3212f92ccb2
  3. how can i get my printer to print from my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i get my printer to print from my computer?: I cannot get my printer canon 8520 series to print from my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-printer-to-print-from-my-computer/ab569d27-2066-42ef-bfba-a3212f92ccb2
  4. Printer refuses print or scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer refuses print or scan: Using a usb printer from recent years on my old framework having windows 8 introduced yet now on new work PC windows 10 installed on it I can't print or scan. [Brother HL- B2000D] PC works fine on my office printer however on my home printer it don't work. CD...
  5. can not get the printer to print

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can not get the printer to print: I changed my wifi password today I had to change the paasword in my computer to match the password do I to do anything to my printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-get-the-printer-to-print/0afa704f-dd87-42b0-99fe-a12ff11fef5e
  6. new printer will print not scan

new printer will print not scan: Just got a new Canon Pixma TS5060, have downloaded canon IJ scan utility, which throws up the scanning choices but when I try to choose any choice get message which reads you do not have the required privileges to access the specified folder. code:9,244,3 OR if I right...
  7. Printer will not connect to computer-will not print

Printer will not connect to computer-will not print: I am unable to get my computer to connect to the printer. I have tried everything they had listed to try. Is there someone that can suggest a fix?...
  8. How do I scan from my all in one brother printer. I can print but not scan; Windows 10

How do I scan from my all in one brother printer. I can print but not scan; Windows 10: I have a all in one brother printer. I can print but I cannot scan. How do I scan? Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-scan-from-my-all-in-one-brother-printer-i/f91f2877-3282-4520-a5ca-720c793b95ac
  9. Getting no printing printer runs fine no images

Getting no printing printer runs fine no images: My wireless printer is not printing !Printer runs but paper is blank ,with new cartridges https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-no-printing-printer-runs-fine-no-images/4a72d5d6-9417-4cfd-ab0a-e4727803c35c
  10. Getting printer to scan to computer

Getting printer to scan to computer: Printer is already hooked up to printer and can print but does not scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/getting-printer-to-scan-to-computer/e011fb5f-f2e2-4e47-ae72-71c6355dd90c