Windows 10: my printer does not print command promt does not work

Discus and support my printer does not print command promt does not work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my computer will not print . it says command promt not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Leanne Andersen, Nov 19, 2019.

1. my printer does not print command promt does not work

my computer will not print . it says command promt not working

:)

Leanne Andersen, Nov 19, 2019
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Nov 19, 2019
  3. IggSter Win User
    Printer question

To print to default from command line:

lpr <filename>

To print to specific printer:

lpr <filename> -Pprintername

also try lpr <tab><tab> for list of lpr commands

IggSter, Nov 19, 2019
  4. my printer does not print command promt does not work

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

my printer does not print command promt does not work

1. my printer does not print command promt does not work - Similar Threads - printer does print

2. printer does not print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer does not print: my printer does not print everything all right?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-does-not-print/b3b83be0-6e55-4cc2-8040-a4bdb48c9b2c
  3. printer does not print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer does not print: my printer does not print everything all right?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-does-not-print/b3b83be0-6e55-4cc2-8040-a4bdb48c9b2c
  4. Command promt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command promt: Hi, So I recently repaired windows and I realized my command prompt doesn't work. Whenever I press windows x it tell me a message that says, ""Can I please get help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-promt/a67c9722-ed24-46b9-933a-2a944fc2f753
  5. Command promt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command promt: Hi, So I recently repaired windows and I realized my command prompt doesn't work. Whenever I press windows x it tell me a message that says, ""Can I please get help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-promt/a67c9722-ed24-46b9-933a-2a944fc2f753
  6. command promt is not working!

command promt is not working!: Here is the screenshot, hope to get a solution soon. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-promt-is-not-working/e3ec3420-b9cf-411b-a994-7835e96cf949
  7. Settings and command promt not working

Settings and command promt not working: I recently made changes to my computer by accidentally selecting hidden in attributes of I think my Program files and after I did that my settings and command promt stopped working. All files are back to normal but my settings and command promt still wont work. Command promt...
  8. Printer does not print anything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer does not print anything: Hello. I am having printer issues. When I print from the first screen, a blank page is printed. However, when I print from the second screen, it works just fine. How can I make my computer either print properly from the first screen or print always from the second screen? I...
  9. My printer does not print

My printer does not print: I have a Workforce 2750 printer, it does not print any files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-does-not-print/0b7be495-0564-402d-915d-ea5a38e1a039
  10. printer. does not print

printer. does not print: I have 2 printers, one Hp and another Canon, my Canon works fine, and the HP is installed but does not print. This did not happen before, my printer was working normally, I think this happened after an update....