Windows 10: My printer is able to print and fAX but It doesn't scan. Please insreuctions to set up

Discus and support My printer is able to print and fAX but It doesn't scan. Please insreuctions to set up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My printer seems to be working for printing pages and I just did a test run to send a FAX and the report states that the FAX was sent. However I am not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Carol Rose/Fish, Aug 23, 2020.

1. My printer is able to print and fAX but It doesn't scan. Please insreuctions to set up

My printer seems to be working for printing pages and I just did a test run to send a FAX and the report states that the FAX was sent. However I am not able to scan. Please give me instructions to set this up. My printer is an HP Officejet 4630 series. Thanks so much

:)

Carol Rose/Fish, Aug 23, 2020
  2. slim142 Win User

Can't "Scan To" from printer. Please help!

The scenenario is the following:

We have multiple subnets in our network. One of them is the security one which is 10.224.2.xxx

Computer A is connected directly into it. Ethernet cable comes out of the wall and goes into her Intel NIC.

Computer B is also connected directly into it. However, ethernet cable comes out of the wall, goes into a dock and then through the USB cable, gets internet.

Computer C is connected to our wireless security network which is 10.224.4.xxx
    This computer is allowed on the firewall to talk to 10.224.2.xxx

All three computer have Webroot SecureAnywhere installed. The printer is an EPSON Workforce WF-4640. IP is 10.224.2.122 / 255.255.254.0 / 10.224.2.1 gateway / no iPV6 / 192.168.50.18 & .19 are DNS's. Printer has static IP.

I proceeded to install the drivers on all three computers. Here is where the problem comes.

Computer A installs just fine. Finds the printer on the subnet and completes installation. I can print and scan FROM the computer. I can also scan FROM the printer. When I go to "Document Capture Pro", I can see scan to: COMPUTER A on the list.

Computer B also installs just fine. Finds the printer and completes the installation. I can print and scan FROM the computer, but I cannot scan FROM the printer. It just wont list COMPUTER B at all!. I tried plugging the ethernet cable directly into the laptop, but still, the printer will not show computer B in the scan to list.

Computer C the same story, but worse. I cannot finish the installation properly because it will not find the printer. It is obviously on a different subnet, but it will not let me type in the address so I just cancel the printer finder part. I manually go to control panel and adjust the IP parameters. Same thing, I can print and scan from the computer but cannot scan FROM the printer. It will not list Computer C in the list.

I have tripled checked the EPSON Scan software on each PC. Each has the IP parameters set properly. I have spent days installing and reinstalling drivers, but no luck. Printer has updated firmware. I tried disabling Windows firewall, nothing.
    At first I wanted to think it was Webroot, since there is a review on Amazon from a guy that had the same problem, but using Norton. However, how come Computer A works just fine?
    When I though it was the dock, I quickly found out it was not as explained in Computer B when I plugged it directly.

At this point, Im running out of ideas. Im not even sure where else to go.

slim142, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Aug 23, 2020
  4. My printer is able to print and fAX but It doesn't scan. Please insreuctions to set up

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

My printer is able to print and fAX but It doesn't scan. Please insreuctions to set up

1. My printer is able to print and fAX but It doesn't scan. Please insreuctions to set up - Similar Threads - printer able print

2. Windows Fax and Scan doesn't send a fax, only pops up printer options.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan doesn't send a fax, only pops up printer options.: Windows 11 Pro 22H2 - 22621.2428. Windows Fax and Scan is installed and running. The fax account is connected to a \\faxserver windows server 2012 and shows connected. Click New Fax. Type in To, Subject, and stuff in the body. Click Send.At this point, I am expecting a couple...
  3. Windows Fax and Scan doesn't send a fax, only pops up printer options.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan doesn't send a fax, only pops up printer options.: Windows 11 Pro 22H2 - 22621.2428. Windows Fax and Scan is installed and running. The fax account is connected to a \\faxserver windows server 2012 and shows connected. Click New Fax. Type in To, Subject, and stuff in the body. Click Send.At this point, I am expecting a couple...
  4. Windows Fax and Scan - No longer able to print received fax

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Fax and Scan - No longer able to print received fax: HelloWe admin a Fax Server on a Windows Server 2019 and have 30 Client-PCs with Windows 10 Pro who use the "Windows Fax and Scan" Software to access the facsimiles. Since around 16.09.2022 we are no longer able to print the received fax messages. Not from the client PCs and...
  5. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  6. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  7. Windows Fax and Scan Prints Outgoing Faxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Fax and Scan Prints Outgoing Faxes: As of the most recent Windows 10 upgrade, our Windows Fax and Scan setup now prints all outgoing faxes in addition to incoming faxes. This is unnecessary and we have no idea why this has begun. Has anyone experienced this? We can't find a setting for it....
  8. fax and scan does not print

fax and scan does not print: windows fax and scan does not print so I cant scan multipale documents and save them as pdf files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fax-and-scan-does-not-print/636bdb4f-90a9-4875-ab98-65292ffeeaa3
  9. My printer faxes instead of PRINT.

My printer faxes instead of PRINT.: I have a MB 5120 wireless printer. Everytime I go print, it faxes. I choose the printer option and not the fax option but it still faxes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-faxes-instead-of-print/6c3388d6-657e-4fcc-a03f-825e638410dd
  10. Hp printer prints but doesn't scan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hp printer prints but doesn't scan: My Hp printer prints any file, photo, but doesn't scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-prints-but-doesnt-scan/4836ff7f-2d31-4c5e-844b-ca612cd81524