Windows 10: My printer is printing all black, how do I fix this?

Discus and support My printer is printing all black, how do I fix this? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How do I fix my brother printer, it prints all black, help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JanetJohnson7, Nov 22, 2020.

1. My printer is printing all black, how do I fix this?

How do I fix my brother printer, it prints all black, help!

:)

JanetJohnson7, Nov 22, 2020

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Nov 22, 2020
  4. My printer is printing all black, how do I fix this?

Windows 10 printing white ink on black background

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are getting print with the inverted color scheme. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the printer?
    • Does the color invert while printing from all applications or any specific application?
    • Are you aware of any changes prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

1. Go to Printer Properties and click on Advanced tab.
    2. Click on Printing Defaults tab from the bottom.
    3. Click on Advanced tab and click on Other Print Options.
    4. Click on Print Text in Black and check the box beside Print Text in Black.
    5. Click on OK on all the three windows.

Run Printer Troubleshooter:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4015401/windows-10-fix-printer-problems

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

My printer is printing all black, how do I fix this?

1. My printer is printing all black, how do I fix this? - Similar Threads - printer printing black

2. My printer prints in all black or pink. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My printer prints in all black or pink. What should I do?: All of the colors are half full with the original ink it came with except black It's completely full. I've tried every single function from hp print and scan doctor program. I also took a pic to show the difference on what it should be and what it is....
  3. My printer prints in all black or pink. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My printer prints in all black or pink. What should I do?: All of the colors are half full with the original ink it came with except black It's completely full. I've tried every single function from hp print and scan doctor program. I also took a pic to show the difference on what it should be and what it is....
  4. How do I fix my printer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my printer?: I bought a new laptop and now when I send a job to the printer it beeps and I get an error message with no specifics. Is there an easy fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-my-printer/bf9d44b6-6eff-4d01-b58c-08725c9989fe
  5. How do I fix my printer?

How do I fix my printer?: I bought a new laptop and now when I send a job to the printer it beeps and I get an error message with no specifics. Is there an easy fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-my-printer/bf9d44b6-6eff-4d01-b58c-08725c9989fe
  6. How do I fix my printer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My printer won't print. It says that it is "Offline". How do I fix this?

My printer won't print. It says that it is "Offline". How do I fix this?: My printer won't print. It says that it is "Offline". How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-wont-print-it-says-that-it-is-offline/5ac22570-7422-469c-9648-a044575efabf
  8. I want my printer to print using black ink only for all printing jobs I submit to the...

I want my printer to print using black ink only for all printing jobs I submit to the...: I have a HP Deskjet 3510 printer and I want it toprint using black ink only. I'm using a Dell Model 3472 desktop computer running Windows 10. I don't want to have to keep changing the print mode from color to black ink only each time I submit a document to be printed. How do...
  9. my printer is only printing everyother line in word pad how do i fix this

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my printer is only printing everyother line in word pad how do i fix this: how do I fix my printer it prints every other line https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-is-only-printing-everyother-line-in/c3f8558c-289e-4fdd-b8fe-0391c203c361"
  10. H.P. Envy 4520 All In One Printer and it will not print colour but will print black

H.P. Envy 4520 All In One Printer and it will not print colour but will print black: I have a H.P. Envy 4520 All In One Printer and it will not print colour but will print black. This has been the case for about 3 to 4 weeks prior to that I had a problem in not bein able to print at all but that turned oiut to be a defective cartridge . My computer is...