Windows 10: my printer mfc7460dn is not found on usb

Discus and support my printer mfc7460dn is not found on usb in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; usb not working for printer mfc7460dn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by carmengalea1, Sep 20, 2021.

1. my printer mfc7460dn is not found on usb

usb not working for printer mfc7460dn

:)

carmengalea1, Sep 20, 2021

2. Printer Connection Problem for MFC7460dn

Hello,

I bought a Brother MFC7460dn printer several weeks ago. Unfortunately, I'm not able to connect my new printer with my Windows 10 Surface Pro 4 Laptop. It identities my printer to a "Unspecific Device", not a printer, that's the reason why I can't connect.
    I can connect it by my Apple device. I tried 2 weeks to fix it however I can't. Do you have any idea?

Thank you very much.

-Charles

CharlesZheng1, Sep 20, 2021
  3. Firebeast Win User
    Mac OSX USB printer problem

OK i just bought the Canon IP4500 usb printer and installed it on the mac following hte instructions to the letter.

No printer is found and i cannot add it in the Printer list, cause theres no option for USB printer installation, only Appletalk, Bluetooth, and Windows Printing.

I have downloaded the latest drivers etc... but no luck *Bang Head :banghead:

As it is i dont like macs but now with a simple thing as this i dislike them even more.

Last resort is trying installing the printer on a Vista pc and see if it works, if it does then the mac is up to shit, if it does not install then the printer is up to shit.

Anyone had a similar problem maybe and how did you overcome it?

Firebeast, Sep 20, 2021
  4. my printer mfc7460dn is not found on usb

printer usb is an older version

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of the printer and computer?

• What is the exact error message?

I suggest you to disable and re-enable the USB controllers. The following steps will uninstall all the USB controllers and then re-install them:

a. Right click on Start, and then click
    Run.

b. Type devmgmt.msc and then click
    OK. Device Manager opens.

c. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.

d. Right click the first USB controller under
    Universal Serial Bus controllers
    , and then click Uninstall to remove it.

e. Repeat step 4 for each USB controller that is listed under
    Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

If the issue persists then I suggest you to refer to the following article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Sep 20, 2021
Thema:

my printer mfc7460dn is not found on usb

1. my printer mfc7460dn is not found on usb - Similar Threads - printer mfc7460dn found

2. After installing Canon WiFi printer, HP usb printer can be found as a usb Other Device, but...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After installing Canon WiFi printer, HP usb printer can be found as a usb Other Device, but...: All the Windows 10 USB drivers are up to date. The HP usb printer was working before the Canon WiFi printer was installed on the Windows 10 computer. The Canon WiFi printer connects via the gateway and doesn't connect directly to the Windows 10 computer. The HP usb printer...
  3. usb not found

usb not found: I reinstalled windows now when I plug in a usb item it does not show up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-not-found/5321b399-e08f-4cd0-851c-e341f6d67f1a
  4. Wireless Printer not found

Wireless Printer not found: After a reboot windows 10 can not find my printer, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-printer-not-found/19687520-201d-4a43-ad8e-c65d518c3af6
  5. Network printer not found from printer installer

Network printer not found from printer installer: We have an issue with only one of our computers not able to install the printer as below... Using the latest installer for a Fuji Xerox 'DocuCentre-V C2263', when running setup 'standard' no printer is found on our network and warring popup message then shows to say 'unable...
  6. USB Printer

USB Printer: We have two usb printers connected DTC1250E and DCP 132W As long as they are connected in that order . Then we can set the DCP132W to the default printer and the muster report runs to it . ie right click on a note pad file and it prints to the DC)132W We can log off and...
  7. usb ports not found

usb ports not found: Win 10 Dell Inspirion 15 works great except today, no usb or sd showing. Tried the install of drivers, restart, etc. I know I am not alone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-not-found/bb454515-c658-48f3-b21f-d6ebfcf05756
  8. My printer will not print with USB

My printer will not print with USB: I am having a very difficult problem getting my laptop to print. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-will-not-print-with-usb/92acfc7b-2baa-47f7-8c60-78f5e07c0a08
  9. Printer Connection Problem for MFC7460dn

Printer Connection Problem for MFC7460dn: Hello, I bought a Brother MFC7460dn printer several weeks ago. Unfortunately, I'm not able to connect my new printer with my Windows 10 Surface Pro 4 Laptop. It identities my printer to a "Unspecific Device", not a printer, that's the reason why I can't connect. I can...
  10. printer cannot be found by the network

printer cannot be found by the network: Error shows printer cannot be found by the network, it prints ok but this message appears when opening page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-cannot-be-found-by-the-network/754c02af-574c-4458-a938-3de6079bbf46