Windows 10: my printer says Idle so how do I make it print

Discus and support my printer says Idle so how do I make it print in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Printer says it is Idle. How do I start it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by #495vahalikroad, Oct 16, 2018.

1. my printer says Idle so how do I make it print

Printer says it is Idle. How do I start it?

:)

#495vahalikroad, Oct 16, 2018

2. Printer won't print says it's 'idle'

Hi all, somehow my computer doesn't seem to be connected to my printer anymore. To me, it seems to be connected I get the option 'HP LaserJet P1005' yet nothing prints. When I look in print ques, nothings registers, and I've even got the message 'printer
    is idle'. Any suggestions where I should look, or what I should try to get my printer to print again? My computer is an ACER Aspire V. Thanks for any suggestions offered.

Matilda108, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Oct 17, 2018
  4. my printer says Idle so how do I make it print

Printer won't print says it's 'idle'

Sumit, Thanks to your suggestion and that of Andre, I'm not sure what I did...but it's working! My printer prints again! Yahoo! Thanks again for your effort and time!

Matilda108, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

my printer says Idle so how do I make it print

1. my printer says Idle so how do I make it print - Similar Threads - printer says Idle

2. My printer is not printing. No errors just stuck in"queue" I need it to print. How do I do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My printer is not printing. No errors just stuck in"queue" I need it to print. How do I do...: My printer is not printing. No errors just stuck in "queue" I need it to print. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-is-not-printing-no-errors-just-stuck/4eb8673e-cf45-443d-acb5-1a908f74e4ba
  3. My printer is not printing. No errors just stuck in"queue" I need it to print. How do I do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My printer is not printing. No errors just stuck in"queue" I need it to print. How do I do...: My printer is not printing. No errors just stuck in "queue" I need it to print. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-is-not-printing-no-errors-just-stuck/4eb8673e-cf45-443d-acb5-1a908f74e4ba
  4. My default printer is idle and will not print.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My default printer is idle and will not print.: Several months ago, I installed my HP Laser Jet M139we printer, and it was working fine. Unfortunately, my wifi router had to be replaced, and now I can't get my printer to communicate with my printer. My computer indicates my printer is idle. I have tried unplugging the wifi...
  5. My default printer is idle and will not print.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My default printer is idle and will not print.: Several months ago, I installed my HP Laser Jet M139we printer, and it was working fine. Unfortunately, my wifi router had to be replaced, and now I can't get my printer to communicate with my printer. My computer indicates my printer is idle. I have tried unplugging the wifi...
  6. My printer won't print. It says that it is "Offline". How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My printer won't print. It says that it is "Offline". How do I fix this?: My printer won't print. It says that it is "Offline". How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-wont-print-it-says-that-it-is-offline/5ac22570-7422-469c-9648-a044575efabf
  7. how do I make the printer print larger

how do I make the printer print larger: printer font size change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-the-printer-print-larger/4e4e5e59-ecfe-480b-8efc-5a1c05c9e35b
  8. How to disable "Print to File" so I can print off of my printer.

How to disable "Print to File" so I can print off of my printer.: Every time I try to print a word document, it instead opens up the Print to File menu. There's a checkbox in the printer drop down menu that enables Print to File, but it isn't enabled, and it doesn't matter whether or not i check the box, it always Prints to File. I tried...
  9. How do I make a screen print?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I make a screen print?: How do I make a screen print? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-a-screen-print/2bbdb505-8419-42e4-a205-28eb7be91b44"
  10. how do I put my printer on line so that I can print from my laptop?

how do I put my printer on line so that I can print from my laptop?: My laptop is saying that my wireless printer is off line how do I fix this issue? It was working fine until I changed the password on my modem/router....