Windows 10: My printer says setup incomplete due to a metered connection. Now what?

Discus and support My printer says setup incomplete due to a metered connection. Now what? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My printer says setup incomplete due to a metered connection. Now what?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PamBakst, Jun 10, 2019.

1. PamBakst Win User

My printer says setup incomplete due to a metered connection. Now what?

:)

PamBakst, Jun 10, 2019

2. Printer setup incomplete because of a metered connection

I tried to set up my HP Deskjet 3510 printer on my Dell Inspiron Windows 10 laptop. The printer is connected with the laptop with a USB 2.0 cable. Laptop is connected to a home WiFi network. After installing the driver, the printer is not able to print, not can it be set as the default printer. There's a message saying

I've tried to remove the printer and connect again. This never happened before. Can anyone tell me what it means and how to fix it?

Dylan Czenski, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Printer setup incomplete because of a metered connection

The printer is trying to connect to the Internet through your laptop, perhaps to check for firmware upgrades.

See http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-8/metered-internet-connections-frequently-asked-questions how to enable that:

CodeCaster, Jun 10, 2019
  4. My printer says setup incomplete due to a metered connection. Now what?

Printers not working after installing Windows 10. "Setup incomplete because of a metered connection."

I upgraded to Windows 10. Now my printers will not print. I get the message: Setup incomplete because of a metered connection. What do I have to do to print a document. Being able to print is vital to my work.

[Original title: Skypilot]

REV BRADLEYTTE ASSOC INC, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

1. My printer says setup incomplete due to a metered connection. Now what? - Similar Threads - printer says setup

2. Cannot print due to a printer setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot print due to a printer setup: HUAWEI MATEBOOK D14After installing Windows 11 and going back to Windows 10 I can no longer print due to a printer setup. My printer is HP ENVY 5530. However I can print from the printer a Printer Staus Report for example!Thank you,...
  3. Cannot print due to a printer setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot print due to a printer setup: HUAWEI MATEBOOK D14After installing Windows 11 and going back to Windows 10 I can no longer print due to a printer setup. My printer is HP ENVY 5530. However I can print from the printer a Printer Staus Report for example!Thank you,...
  4. Fix Setup incomplete because of a metered connection error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Setup incomplete because of a metered connection error on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some Windows 10 users are experiencing an error when they try to connect a Bluetooth device, they see “Setup incomplete because of a metered connection“. Because of this, you won’t be able to use your Bluetooth device. In this article, we are going to fix the error....
  5. SETUP INCOMPLETE BECAUSE OF A METERED CONNECTION

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SETUP INCOMPLETE BECAUSE OF A METERED CONNECTION: HELLO, I CANT CONNECT MY PC TO ANY OF MY BLUETOOTH DEVICES IT IS WRITTEN THAT SETUP INCOMPLETE BECAUSE OF A METERED CONNECTION PLEASE HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setup-incomplete-because-of-a-metered-connection/f670654d-e9d0-4793-aece-5331e84c5b63
  6. Can't install driver due to "metered connection", but metered connection is actually turned...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install driver due to "metered connection", but metered connection is actually turned...: I am trying to install our printer on my daughter's Acer notebook but it gets half way through and then tells me it can't complete the installation due to being on a metered connection. But when you go to network settings metered connection is set to off and is greyed out....
  7. new printer wont' connect, says setup incomplete due to metered connection

new printer wont' connect, says setup incomplete due to metered connection: new printer wont' connect, says setup incomplete due to metered connection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-printer-wont-connect-says-setup-incomplete-due/92c54a20-b88d-47e0-99dd-c57e48c9b98d
  8. default printer/metered connection

default printer/metered connection: Won't find my default printer? Also I am on a metered connection? Tried everything. I hate this new computer. How can I get help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-printermetered-connection/c6e4ec11-c91a-4239-8177-1748b2692ec9
  9. printer setup incomplete because of a metered connection

printer setup incomplete because of a metered connection: printer setup incomplete because of a metered connection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-setup-incomplete-because-of-a-metered/ae5cc16c-1f06-48d3-8ab9-1053d4fbfdbb
  10. Bluetooth connection setup incomplete because of metered connection

Bluetooth connection setup incomplete because of metered connection: I've seen this subject come up several times (searches), never answered satisfactorily forme . I have a Lenovo G505s laptop, running Windows 10 Home build 17134.320 I connect something (anything, details are useless) with Bluetooth. The connection "wizard" tells me setup...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printer setup incomplete metered connection

2. network refers to printer not beong set up due to metered connection

3. what does setup incomplete because of metered

4. setup incomplete because metered connection,
  5. hp printer setup incomplete becasue of a metered connection,
  6. setup is incomplete due to metered connection,
  7. printer error message setup incomplete because of a metered connection,
  8. bluetooth setup incomplete because of a metered connect,
  9. hp setup incomplete due to metered connection,
  10. setup incomplete because of a metered connection,
  11. metered connection problem with printer,
  12. what is a metered connection printer,
  13. printer not finished setting up because of network,
  14. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-printer-wont-connect-says-setup-incomplete-due/92c54a20-b88d-47e0-99dd-c57e48c9b98d,
  15. trying to connect usb getting metered connection error