Windows 10: my printer/scanner can not find my computer

Discus and support my printer/scanner can not find my computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am needing to scan some documents into my computer. When I try to scan it the scanner displays, No Computer Found. This is very odd because I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by skygarcia2, Jun 14, 2019.

1. my printer/scanner can not find my computer

I am needing to scan some documents into my computer. When I try to scan it the scanner displays, No Computer Found. This is very odd because I have printed from this same computer to the same all in one printer. How do I get it to work?

:)

skygarcia2, Jun 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 recognizes my printer+scanner only as a printer.

Hello,

Another method you may try is to uninstall and reinstall the printer. The following are the steps:

Remove your printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & scanners, find the printer, select it, and then select Remove device.

Install or add a local printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & Scanners, see if your printer is installed.
    • If you don’t see your device, select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find available printers, choose the one you want, and then select Add device.

On the other hand, we suggest also that you reach out the manufacturer of your printer/scanner for the driver availability or work around.

Regards.

JohnMel And, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 14, 2019
  4. my printer/scanner can not find my computer

Computer/Scanner Communication

I have a HP laptop running Windows 10 and an Epson WF-2630 Printer/Copier/Fax/Scanner. I am able to print but unable to scan documents. I keep getting a message that there is no scanner connected to the computer. I have downloaded every update I could
    find for the laptop, Windows 10 and the printer. While the scanner is now listed under printer and devices in my settings menu (it didn't initially) the computer still isn't communicating with the scan function of my printer. Any suggestions on what to do
    would be greatly appreciated.

Angela_987, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

my printer/scanner can not find my computer

1. my printer/scanner can not find my computer - Similar Threads - printer scanner find

2. connecting my printer to my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting my printer to my computer: My wifi was just changed now my brother printer won't connect to my dell computer. each time I try it displays in error. the trouble began when the new wifi was installed....
  3. Why does my scanner/printer not reconize my computer when the computer reconizes the scanner/printer

Why does my scanner/printer not reconize my computer when the computer reconizes the scanner/printer: Why does my scanner/printer not reconize my computer when the computer reconizes the scanner/printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner/5139b993-fcab-411b-861c-d646362a7818
  4. my all in one officejet 4630 printer scanner does not recognize my computer,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my all in one officejet 4630 printer scanner does not recognize my computer,: when trying to scan from printer to computer I receive message that it does not recognize computer, I have tried to enable scanner to computer as was suggested but do not have that option. I can scan from my computer with no problem....
  5. MY WINDOWS 10 IS NOT ALLOWING SCANNER SOFTWARE TO CONNECT WITH PRINTER HENCE MY SCANNER OF...

in Windows 10 Customization
    MY WINDOWS 10 IS NOT ALLOWING SCANNER SOFTWARE TO CONNECT WITH PRINTER HENCE MY SCANNER OF...: MY WINDOWS 10 IS NOT ALLOWING SCANNER SOFTWARE TO CONNECT WITH PRINTER HENCE MY SCANNER OF PRINTER WHICH WAS WORKING NICELY IS NOW NOT WORKING...
  6. PC cannot find my printer

PC cannot find my printer: I’ve encountered this issue since the last Windows update. Currently, I receive an error code 0x00000002 when try to turn on my printer. The solution suggested at the forum like to "right click 'computer' to access print spool" doesn’t help because my PC cannot find ‘print...
  7. where can I find an installation disk for my scanner?

where can I find an installation disk for my scanner?: I have an issue with a slide scanner Veho VFS-002m. My PC doesn’t recognize it anymore and I cannot find my installation disk. I don’t know where I can find it online....
  8. My printer will not scan to my computer -

My printer will not scan to my computer -: I get a message on the printer "make sure the printer software is installed on your computer and that "Scan to Computer" is enabled. I can print without any problems. It's an HPEnvy 4500 printer....
  9. my computer with windows 10 does not recognize my Epson ET-3600 printer/scanner

my computer with windows 10 does not recognize my Epson ET-3600 printer/scanner: my computer with windows 10 does not recognize my Epson ET-3600 printer/scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-computer-with-windows-10-does-not-recognize-my/e0f305f2-0094-4ace-931a-781b49b7431a
  10. Is my scanner/printer just too old?

Is my scanner/printer just too old?: The device in question is a scanner/printer by Epson, the Stylus NX415. I bought it in March, 2010 and originally used it on my Win 7 laptop. I just bought a tower with Win 10 on it and am in dire need of a driver. I've already scoured Epson's site, but they have everything...