Windows 10: My printer shows up as part of the network but when i go to print it can't find the printer.

Discus and support My printer shows up as part of the network but when i go to print it can't find the printer. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 installed on my computer, and I have a Brother MFC-J460DW printer. I recently went to print off a return label, and the page kept... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LadyCiv13, Nov 11, 2020.

1. LadyCiv13 Win User

My printer shows up as part of the network but when i go to print it can't find the printer.

I have Windows 10 installed on my computer, and I have a Brother MFC-J460DW printer. I recently went to print off a return label, and the page kept telling me that my printer was in error mode. After turning it on and off several times, I uninstalled and re-installed the printer. I added it to the network and it shows up on the network. I posted a screenshot below. It's the first one. I was even able to print a page off of LibreOffice. I also selected it as my default printer. However, whenever I try to print a webpage, it doesn't come up in my printers. I try to find it, and it doesn't show up in the network. I took a screenshot of that as well the second one. I've tried running the troubleshooter, but that didn't help. I haven't been able to find this problem on any other forum, and I'm can't understand what might be causing this. Thank you for any help anyone can give me. My printer shows up as part of the network but when i go to print it can't find the printer. e7064585-de85-4a80-9295-c4efcf331b03?upload=true.png My printer shows up as part of the network but when i go to print it can't find the printer. 849907b4-44f8-448b-a181-a4f45e6c8399?upload=true.png

:)

LadyCiv13, Nov 11, 2020

2. Error - Printing on Network printer

What type of printers are they? Show a screenie of the http web page it offers. Use something like softperfect's netscan, go options, additional, check "check for open TCP ports and add 21,80,443,9100. Make sure the same result appears for all 4 printers. Post a screenie.

PS. I dont think this is a drivers issue. It's a fault network setup (on the printer) or a firewall/switch acting in between you and the printer. The printer obviously isnt dead if it can run and print diagnostics pages from the control panel.

Completely Bonkers, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Error - Printing on Network printer

We have 4 printers on our Windows print server. The server was migrated from win2k3 to 2k8 on friday. 3/4 printers are working great, the other is having issues. When trying to print a test page to it, it gets a job status of Error - Printing.

When sending a small word document to it, it sends it to the printer, the queue is empty but nothing prints. If I goto the printer itself, it doesnt show any errors and I can print things such as information sheets and diagnostic files just fine.

All four printers are the same model, all 4 have a static IP. I can ping the printer successfully. I've tried printing from both an XP machine and the print server itself. I tried removing and adding the printer on the print server. And lastly, uunplugged the printer for 30 seconds, plugged it back in.

Any ideas?

Hybrid_theory, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Jacko28er Win User

My printer shows up as part of the network but when i go to print it can't find the printer.

Networked Printer showing "Offline"

Hey guys,

I'm having a slight issue with one of my printers in that it's showing offline and I can't print to it.

It's a Datamax label printer which is connected to my network via a Netgear print server, this has then be added to one of my servers for sharing etc.

So far I've tried the below.

- Classic on/off.
    - Removing from server and re-adding.
    - Ensuring that under port configuration SNMP Status is disabled.
    - Assigning to different IP.
    - Restarting Print Spooler.

I can ping it fine and the printer itself is letting me do manual test prints using its interface, but no matter what I cannot get it to stop showing up as offline and allowing me to print to it over the network. I should add that it's worked fine for the past year.

Any suggestions?

Jacko28er, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

1. My printer shows up as part of the network but when i go to print it can't find the printer. - Similar Threads - printer shows part

2. I have printers setup that list when I print, but do not show up in the Printer Settings...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have printers setup that list when I print, but do not show up in the Printer Settings...: First of all, why is that? I have multiple instances of printers setup because Microsoft won't allow access to print dialogs through a Word object another argument for another day. So I set up different printers essentially print queues, one that duplexs automatically and one...
  3. I have printers setup that list when I print, but do not show up in the Printer Settings...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have printers setup that list when I print, but do not show up in the Printer Settings...: First of all, why is that? I have multiple instances of printers setup because Microsoft won't allow access to print dialogs through a Word object another argument for another day. So I set up different printers essentially print queues, one that duplexs automatically and one...
  4. Can't find network printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find network printer: Hi,I'm trying to add a network printer, but i'm having problems finding it.I'm connected to a wifi network configured as public. I have network discovery for public networks activated on advanced sharing settings, ans it's also allowed on firewall settings, but i can't find...
  5. Can't find network printer

Can't find network printer: Hi,I'm trying to add a network printer, but i'm having problems finding it.I'm connected to a wifi network configured as public. I have network discovery for public networks activated on advanced sharing settings, ans it's also allowed on firewall settings, but i can't find...
  6. Can't find my printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find my printer: I am trying to download a printer. Microsoft is not recognizing my sign in, but I am signed in already https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-printer/67a0e7f2-a58f-407c-a9e8-e9efa6d24bc2
  7. Can't find my printer

Can't find my printer: I am trying to download a printer. Microsoft is not recognizing my sign in, but I am signed in already https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-printer/67a0e7f2-a58f-407c-a9e8-e9efa6d24bc2
  8. Printer prints only part of a page

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer prints only part of a page: I have an older HP PSC950 printer that had been working just fine, but suddenly started printing only part of page. How do I correct this situation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-prints-only-part-of-a-page/3fb6bf7d-059f-4fc2-8750-9cc1301db975
  9. Printer not showing up when i try to print

Printer not showing up when i try to print: Hi im a systemadministrator at my job but I have one user that when he tries to print the printerselectionscreen will popup but it will be empty no printers. On other systems the printers will be in the printerselectionscreen, but on his system not. I haven't tried to load...
  10. Can't print to Brother networked printer

Can't print to Brother networked printer: Hi, I'm just wrapping up installation of a new computer, including a clean install of Windows 10. We have a networked Brother MFC-8480DN. I went to Brother's site, retrieved and installed the full driver and software package for this printer and 64-bit Win 10. There were...