Windows 10: My printer status is offline. How do I change the status to online?

Discus and support My printer status is offline. How do I change the status to online? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My printer status is offline which means it is unable to print a document etc. But it prints test pages and from my iPhone. My question is how do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChristineOsborne1, Feb 24, 2020.

1. My printer status is offline. How do I change the status to online?

My printer status is offline which means it is unable to print a document etc. But it prints test pages and from my iPhone.

My question is how do I change the status to online?

Thank you

:)

ChristineOsborne1, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

printer status

Hi Dick,

You may modify the settings to change the printer status. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article by clicking on this

link
    to change printer status from offline to online.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Printer Online/Offline Status.

Hi Snipe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    2. What is the make and model number of your printer?
    3. When exactly do you face this issue?

I suggest you to first Set The Printer As Default and then refer
    Change the printer's status to "online" and change the default status to
    online.

This way, the printer will be default and the status will be always Online.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 24, 2020
  4. My printer status is offline. How do I change the status to online?

How do I change the printer status online/offline?

Hi Alfred,

As you are facing issue with Printer turning online, we would assist you for sure

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details.

• Are you connecting the printer through a cable or through Wi-Fi?

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• After upgrading to Windows 10, have you installed all pending updates and also updated all device drivers?

• Which is the Windows 10 build running on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to fix the issue,

Method1: Change a printer's status to "online"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-a-printers-status-to-online

Method2: Fix printer problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Reference:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/devices-drivers

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

My printer status is offline. How do I change the status to online?

1. My printer status is offline. How do I change the status to online? - Similar Threads - printer status offline

2. How do I get the printer online from an offline status?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the printer online from an offline status?: How do I get the printer online from an offline status? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-printer-online-from-an-offline/216c8cf6-923a-4ad9-8889-3a513b197e2b
  3. How do I get the printer online from an offline status?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get the printer online from an offline status?: How do I get the printer online from an offline status? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-printer-online-from-an-offline/216c8cf6-923a-4ad9-8889-3a513b197e2b
  4. Printer Offline status

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Offline status: Having two different issues with our printers connecting and getting up and running. We have two hp laserjet pro mfp m227fdw printers using Windows 10 and connecting over the same wifi.The first issue when connecting to the printer A is the printer is offline and can not get...
  5. Printer status ONLINE but will not print.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer status ONLINE but will not print.: Canon printer installed properly. It is set up without issue. Spent hours on the phone with Canon support to confirm printer is not the problem. Have updated drivers, uninstalled and re-installed printer. Still, every time I try to print a test page or anything, I get an...
  6. How to change Printer status from Offline to Online in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Printer status from Offline to Online in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Printers on Windows 10 can have a status of offline and online. I was surprised to find that because everyone wants their printer to be available and ready for print. One should know that when a printer goes offline, it [...] This post How to change Printer...
  7. How do I move printer status from OFFLINE to ONLINE?

How do I move printer status from OFFLINE to ONLINE?: Default printer remains OFFLINE .. How do I change status to ONLINE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-printer-status-from-offline-to/91778927-bd67-46ff-9e8f-4cb6c0498d28
  8. How do I change the status of my printer from offline to online?

How do I change the status of my printer from offline to online?: How do I change the status of my printer from offline to online? We had a new BT modem installed yesterday and the printer was working afterwards, but it's not working today. It's Murphy's law - I have lots of printing to do and have promised to do some for one of my...
  9. I need to change the status of my printer to online

I need to change the status of my printer to online: How do I change the status of my printer from offline to online? We had a new BT modem installed yesterday and the printer was working afterwards, but it's not working today. I've searched the Community and have found loads of threads with no answer so I'm hoping that I'll...
  10. Windows 10 Printer Online/Offline Status.

Windows 10 Printer Online/Offline Status.: Printer defaults to "OFFLINE" I want default to be ONLINE ??? ***Changed Original Title From: Windows 10 printer*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-printer-onlineoffline-status/5a089008-6ae7-4f18-9d45-66b2a6fe98d9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change my printer status to online