Windows 10: My printer will not work since Windows 10 installation in January

Discus and support My printer will not work since Windows 10 installation in January in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since installation of Windows 10 over Windows 7 in January, my HP printer will not work. What do I do now?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SoxIL, Mar 12, 2020.

1. SoxIL Win User

My printer will not work since Windows 10 installation in January

Since installation of Windows 10 over Windows 7 in January, my HP printer will not work. What do I do now?

:)

SoxIL, Mar 12, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 12, 2020
  4. My printer will not work since Windows 10 installation in January

Adding a New Printer in Windows 10 does not work

Hi Braink,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about adding a printer to Surface Pro 4 device. We will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or outdated printer drivers after installing the updates for Outlook 2016. We will help you with this issue.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps you to add the printer.

Step 1: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Follow:

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service and check.

Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.
    If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the below thread, check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Greg Carmack - MS MVP
    on January 10, 2016 and check if it helps.

Unable to connect my Printer to Windows 10

Hope it helps. get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

My printer will not work since Windows 10 installation in January

1. My printer will not work since Windows 10 installation in January - Similar Threads - printer since installation

2. SharePoint stopped working error since 23 January 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SharePoint stopped working error since 23 January 2023: I keep getting "SharePoint stopped working" error all of a sudden:Faulting application name: Microsoft.SharePoint.exe, version: 23.2.102.4, time stamp: 0x9ff405d5Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22621.1, time stamp: 0xf5fc15a3Exception code: 0xc0000409Fault...
  3. SharePoint stopped working error since 23 January 2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SharePoint stopped working error since 23 January 2023: I keep getting "SharePoint stopped working" error all of a sudden:Faulting application name: Microsoft.SharePoint.exe, version: 23.2.102.4, time stamp: 0x9ff405d5Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22621.1, time stamp: 0xf5fc15a3Exception code: 0xc0000409Fault...
  4. Issue since end of January update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue since end of January update.: As title states. The issue is that the pc turns on, finishes booting up, and then goes into hibernation and won’t come out. It has to be turned off and turned back on to access windows again then it just goes back into hibernation. Wash, rinse, repeat. It doesn’t give me...
  5. Since Windows update my printer hasn’t been working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Since Windows update my printer hasn’t been working: I have HP printer. This issue occurred after the last update and I cannot print out documents from my Windows 10 laptop. However I can print them from another computer. That’s why I think the problem is with my Windows 10 PC...
  6. Windows 10 Running slow/laggy since mid January

Windows 10 Running slow/laggy since mid January: Hi there. My windows 10 was running just fine as usual, but at some point during this month without any change in hardware or software, my computer started running very slow, to the point that games, programs, and even windows itself lags and is painfully slow. I highly...
  7. Windows 10 Running slow/laggy since mid January

Windows 10 Running slow/laggy since mid January: Hi there. My windows 10 was running just fine as usual, but at some point during this month without any change in hardware or software, my computer started running very slow, to the point that games, programs, and even windows itself lags and is painfully slow. I highly...
  8. Updates since January 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates since January 2019: Hi, Has anyone else had trouble getting updates (Windows update) Mine not been updated since 29.01 and says Error encountered - we couldn't connect you to the update service etc. thanks...
  9. Microphone not working since install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working since install of Windows 10: Since installing Windows 10 my desktop will no longer recognise any external microphones, i've tested the microphonse elsewhere and they're working fine. The only place on my pc that will still recognise the microphone is Skype which only shows it in the settings in the form...
  10. Windows 10 issues since January 2016 on wards ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 issues since January 2016 on wards ?: Hi All, I've just got some complaints from my users regarding the below issue the top#4 most annoying problem in Windows 10 on any hardware: The Surface doesn’t go into sleep mode properly went you close the cover keyboard, then the Surface tablet temperature...