Windows 10: my printer wont work. ive removed and reinstalled but NO

Discus and support my printer wont work. ive removed and reinstalled but NO in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Help, PLEASE...my printer will not work since updating to windows 10, ive un and re installed, but still not...ive even uninstalled window 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jb144-111, Mar 31, 2019.

1. jb144-111 Win User

my printer wont work. ive removed and reinstalled but NO

Help, PLEASE...my printer will not work since updating to windows 10, ive un and re installed, but still not...ive even uninstalled window 10

:)

jb144-111, Mar 31, 2019

2. Hp 3520 printer can't remove

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can uninstall the printer software from your system:

Step 1: Remove the printer from the devices list.

Remove printers and uninstall any Windows print drivers using Windows
    Devices and Printers.

• If your printer connects to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.

• Turn the printer off and on again, and make sure that it is in a ready state.

• Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers in the list of results.

• Right-click the printer icon (
      my printer wont work. ive removed and reinstalled but NO c01514371.gif
      ) for your printer, and then click
      Remove Device. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

• If multiple icons exist for the printer, remove them all.

Step 2: Locating the List of Installed Printer Drivers and removing them.

Follow the steps below:

1. Select Device and Printers
    from Control Panel.

2. Click one time on the printer which you want to uninstall, then click the
    Print Server Properties button in the horizontal blue bar at the top of the window.

3. Click the
    Drivers
    tab at the top of this window.

4. click the old printer driver you want to remove, then click the
    Remove button at the bottom of the window.

5. Click the option to the left of
    Remove driver and driver package, then click the OK button.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 31, 2019
  3. printer wont add to laptop

Hi Harry,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• What is the make and model of your printer?

• What is the exact error message that you receive?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

As an initial step, I suggest you to run the troubleshooter for Printer and see if it brings any difference.

Run troubleshooter

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Method 2:

I also suggest you to Remove printer driver and verify the result.

1. Click the "Start" button, type PRINTER in the search box and press Enter.

2. Find the icons which are related to the Printer, and delete them.

3. Right-click on the blank part of the window, and choose "Run as administrator"->"Server Properties".

4. On the Drivers tab, select the listed printer and click the Remove button. Please then select Remove driver and driver package.

5. Open Start menu, input APPWIZ.CPL in the Search box and press ENTER to launch "Programs and Features".

6. Try to remove all related printer software.

Then reinstall the driver. After that, follow the steps below. You may add a shared printer and verify the result.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel and double click Printers.

2. On Keyboard press Alt, then click File->Run as administrator->Add Printer.

When UAC window pops up, click Continue to go on.

3. Select "Add a local printer".

4. Select "Create a new port". Choose "Local Port" as the type of the port.

5. In the box "Enter a port name", type the address as the following format.

\\[IP address of the host computer]\ [The Share Name of the printer]

then click Next.

6. Follow the instruction to finish the installation. During installing, when you are prompt to choose a correct driver; click the button "Have Disk".

7. Browse to the .in file. Click OK.

8. Wait for the process finishes.

Method 3:

It's a good idea to test your network to make sure that all of the computers and devices are connected and working properly. To test your network, do the following on each network computer:

• Click the Start button, click your user name, and then, in the left pane, click Network.

You should be able to see icons for the computer you are on and all of the other computers and shared printers on the network.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 31, 2019
  4. my printer wont work. ive removed and reinstalled but NO

Printer not working

Hi Terry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

How have you connected the printer to your computer? Is it wired or wireless connection?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Mouse, Touchpad and Printer drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Follow the same steps to uninstall Mouse and Printer drivers.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, touchpad and Printer drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

my printer wont work. ive removed and reinstalled but NO

1. my printer wont work. ive removed and reinstalled but NO - Similar Threads - printer wont ive

2. Ive tried fixing my voice recorder by reinstalling and other stuff but nothing is working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ive tried fixing my voice recorder by reinstalling and other stuff but nothing is working: Ive tried fixing my voice recorder by reinstalling and other stuff but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-tried-fixing-my-voice-recorder-by-reinstalling/59b80718-dd82-4b00-bb0d-3fe1aaf9608d
  3. Ive tried fixing my voice recorder by reinstalling and other stuff but nothing is working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ive tried fixing my voice recorder by reinstalling and other stuff but nothing is working: Ive tried fixing my voice recorder by reinstalling and other stuff but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-tried-fixing-my-voice-recorder-by-reinstalling/59b80718-dd82-4b00-bb0d-3fe1aaf9608d
  4. my font wont change and ive tried everything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my font wont change and ive tried everything?: bassicaly my friend had control of my pc becouse we were trying to fix something but now my fonts look like this picture down below and ive tried every youtube tutorial and reseting my pc for it and other stuff but it dosnt work anyone help?...
  5. my font wont change and ive tried everything?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my font wont change and ive tried everything?: bassicaly my friend had control of my pc becouse we were trying to fix something but now my fonts look like this picture down below and ive tried every youtube tutorial and reseting my pc for it and other stuff but it dosnt work anyone help?...
  6. my font wont change and ive tried everything?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Printer wont work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer wont work: I cannot print, print spooler service is not running , everytime I tried to print it is stuck in the print queue. help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-work/67e17a5c-0997-4922-9ed4-c848552dd1ab
  8. Printers Cannot be Removed and wont Work Properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printers Cannot be Removed and wont Work Properly: My printer under "Printers and Scanners" in the settings says that "Driver is Unavailable". When i try and hit remove device, it loads for a minute and says "Remove Failed". I am unable to print on any of my HP printers. Any fixes?...
  9. my printer wont print

my printer wont print: Since the lastest update now my printer will not print. I called brother they said call microsoft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-wont-print/d7a698a5-c0c3-4b54-91c4-41d822cc2e80
  10. Reinstall printer

Reinstall printer: I mistakenly removed my printer and can't get it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-printer/e9c24058-783f-4e14-949c-fe27630c9e46