Windows 10: My printer would not print after the M.S. Update in May

Discus and support My printer would not print after the M.S. Update in May in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried everything I know to get my printer to work again but couldn't. I thought it was because it was an older printer, but it WAS a good one. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SKstevens.72, Jun 19, 2020.

1. My printer would not print after the M.S. Update in May

I tried everything I know to get my printer to work again but couldn't. I thought it was because it was an older printer, but it WAS a good one. I finally disconnected it and took it to be recycled. I am without a printer now. In addition the connectivity has been atrocious.

What a shame to not know KB4515384 had this bug sooner. Now I on a very limited income have to find and purchase another comparable multi-function printer.

Thanks Microsoft.

Do you not have a Quality Control Team? It seems so many things are going wrong.

Sandy

:)

SKstevens.72, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jun 19, 2020
  4. My printer would not print after the M.S. Update in May

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Thanks for your help. I was browsing the web the other day and I found a page called FINAL DRAFT. They had a set of instructions for reinstalling the Microsoft Print to PDF utility that worked great for me. Problem solved.

WilliamSturgis, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

My printer would not print after the M.S. Update in May

1. My printer would not print after the M.S. Update in May - Similar Threads - printer print Update

2. after update in win 10 my printer do not print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    after update in win 10 my printer do not print: After win 10 update my printers will not print, print goes to printque and stops. Nothing will print. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-in-win-10-my-printer-do-not-print/1807a735-bc7c-44a1-ad51-3109f5138d4c
  3. Can't print anything from my printer after updating

Can't print anything from my printer after updating: I am not able to print anything from my printer and it is saying printer is offline https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-print-anything-from-my-printer-after-updating/e55d8fc0-e558-4a2e-ab52-f92a8adc97a1
  4. My brothers printer unable to print after windows update\.

My brothers printer unable to print after windows update\.: My brothers printer was working ok suddenly stop printing. I have uninstalled and re installed the Brothers program 2 or 3 times and also the drivers. still. nothing. I read that after a windows update it has happened to a few printers. Is there anything that I can do? I do...
  5. Printer will not print after the Windows 10 Update

Printer will not print after the Windows 10 Update: My printer was working fine until the Microsoft update was downloaded. After, I send a document to the printer it returns an error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-will-not-print-after-the-windows-10-update/030f0e4a-b26e-4d97-bf69-d34918fbdaf4
  6. Printer stopped printing after Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer stopped printing after Windows update: I think this issue occurred after April Windows 10 update. Whatever button I click, the printer won’t print but the laptop goes back to start up menu. I don’t receive any error code but Google Chrome shuts down. However this issue connected to Chrome, I think because when I...
  7. Canon Printer Not Responding after May 19 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Canon Printer Not Responding after May 19 Update: I applied the May 2019 Windows Update to my PC yesterday and this morning my Canon IP7200 printer refused to print anything. Jobs just stuck in the print queue and any attempt to ascertain the printer status came back ‘printer not responding’. I tried re-installing the...
  8. My printer will not print -

My printer will not print -: Hello my printer will not print. It states "my printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem" 0x8007007e can someone please help me fix this, thanks. Nikki...
  9. Printer will not work with M S Publisher

Printer will not work with M S Publisher: G'day, When I print everything apart from Publisher it works fine. When I try and print my Labels using publisher it does not print. I receive a pop up saying my printer is off line. When I click Diagnose is say not on line. My printer is connected with a cable. Please...
  10. After last Windows 10 update my printer will not print

After last Windows 10 update my printer will not print: After last Windows 10 update my printer will not print and there is no error message. The printer prints its own report so the printer does print. The documents stay in the queue or say printing but nothing is happening. The printer worked before the last update....