Windows 10: My printers went missing

Discus and support My printers went missing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was looking at a printable thing and wanted to print it into bluebeam (this was a couple of days ago), but when I went to print it with the bluebeam... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JaydenLovesTurtles, Mar 11, 2021.

1. My printers went missing

I was looking at a printable thing and wanted to print it into bluebeam (this was a couple of days ago), but when I went to print it with the bluebeam pdf feature, I noticed all my printers went missing (even the software ones like send to onenote and microsoft print to pdf), and the only option was chromium's save as pdf feature. Opening the printer settings reveals that all the printers are offline. Is there a reason for this and/or a fix?

System info:

Windows 10 insider preview version 21h1 (build 19043.844)

Hardware: Intel core i7 9700f, asrock b365m ib-r, generic sandisk drive I pulled out of my old laptop (bitlocker encrypted) and 2 other drives, 16gb ddr4 2666mhz ram

Physical printer: 2 versions of my brother mfc-l2707dw printer (1 picked up by windows and 1 installed by the driver)

Screenshot (discord link bc I'm too lazy to upload it to imgur): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/761713541102436364/819452559596847135/unknown.png

submitted by /u/JaydenLovesTurtles
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JaydenLovesTurtles, Mar 11, 2021

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Mar 11, 2021
  3. Missing Devices & Printers

Hi Tony,

Thank for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the printer?

• What is the exact issue are you facing?

• When you say ‘’ Most of my devices’’ what are device that is missing?
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it this helps.

• Type troubleshooting on the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on print on
      printer Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Advanced on the Printer troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Printer troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist try the method.

Method 2.

I recommend you to update the printer driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press Windows Key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate for the Print Queues and expand it.

• Right click on the printer and click on
      uninstall.

• Once you are uninstalling the driver, restart the computer.
    If that does not help fix the issue, I suggest you to go to the printer manufacturer website, download the latest printer driver and install the same.

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 11, 2021
  4. My printers went missing

Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

My printers went missing

1. My printers went missing - Similar Threads - printers went missing

2. Bluetooth went missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth went missing: Bluetooth went missing from the action center. When I tried running the Bluetooth troubleshooter, it said Bluetooth is not on this PC. I have always had Bluetooth on my PC running Windows 10. When I went to Bluetooth Support Services it says Bluetooth is running but I can't...
  3. Bluetooth went missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth went missing: Bluetooth went missing from the action center. When I tried running the Bluetooth troubleshooter, it said Bluetooth is not on this PC. I have always had Bluetooth on my PC running Windows 10. When I went to Bluetooth Support Services it says Bluetooth is running but I can't...
  4. Bluetooth went missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My laptop went missing.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My laptop went missing.: Hey there everyone!As of two months ago now, my laptop was stolen by someone. I have sent out various emails to people I know and pleaded for the return of my device, but to no avail. It says on the Microsoft website that my laptop has no battery, so I can't remotely turn on...
  6. My minecraft went missing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My minecraft went missing: Please help. I bought Minecraft 1-2 months ago and now it has dissapeared from my microsoft account. I still have the minecraft game on my computer but i cant do anything nor play it while i used to be able to in the past until this happened.[IMG][ATTACH]...
  7. My desktop files went missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My desktop files went missing: Okay. So I logged in today and my desktop was like a brand new desktop. All the wallpapers were gone. And same goes with my folders. I lost some files. Then I went here and saw this help link....
  8. My D drive went completely missing.

My D drive went completely missing.: I opened disk management to see what happened to my D drive and it didn't show. So I tried to do everything the internet told me to. Still nothing. Any help please? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. My files went missing

My files went missing: So recently my computer has been acting up. I didn't think too much about it, but I found out that all my files up to 3 days ago is missing. Any tips or advice? I'm not sure if a virus took them all, but they aren't hiding and I have no backup....
  10. Bluetooth Went Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Went Missing: Ok here's what happened. My laptop has built in bluetooth on windows 10. It was working fine for awhile but then my mouse yesterday wouldn't move or click anything on my laptop. Its disappeared from the Action Center/Notification bar, and its not on the tab side of the...