Windows 10: My Privacy Location

Discus and support My Privacy Location in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My location shows wrong (Montreal) and efforts fail to correct it. Results in errors in my location in apps and websites.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by W LThomas, Aug 18, 2018.

1. W LThomas Win User

My Privacy Location

My location shows wrong (Montreal) and efforts fail to correct it. Results in errors in my location in apps and websites.

:)

W LThomas, Aug 18, 2018

2. my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Ripper3 Win User
    FS/FT Thread title location

One more suggestion for B/S/T forum is the inclusion of a location made mandatory.
    I know it's already possible, but there's a limited choice in locations, and not many people use it, assuming that because they're in the US, they don't need to.
    The problem from this comes when they state quite clearly (although sometimes not clearly at all), they only ship to the US.
    Making location mandatory in the thread title would save a bit of time and hassle, and would make searching the forum easier.

A suggestion for this: use the poster's location, if they've added a correct location, as the default.

It's not like it's an issue of privacy, the poster will tell where they're from within the post in a round-about way.

Not a big suggestion, but I thought I'd throw it in there.

Ripper3, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Karen Her Win User

My Privacy Location

Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

My Privacy Location

1. My Privacy Location - Similar Threads - Privacy Location

2. Improved Security and Privacy Indicators in Firefox 70

in Windows 10 News
    Improved Security and Privacy Indicators in Firefox 70: The upcoming Firefox 70 release will update the security and privacy indicators in the URL bar. In recent years we have seen a great increase in the number of websites that are delivered securely via HTTPS. At the same time, privacy threats have become more prevalent on the...
  3. wrong date on privacy dashboard, it shows Oct. 8,2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wrong date on privacy dashboard, it shows Oct. 8,2019: my computer is showing the wrong date on privacy dashboard, it shows Oct. 8,2019. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-date-on-privacy-dashboard-it-shows-oct-82019/a256b1a5-6992-4c38-8dbb-9eebaf8ceafd
  4. Whiteboard security and privacy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Whiteboard security and privacy: Good Day I am struggling to find answers on some security and privacy questions related to Whiteboard. - Where is Whiteboard info saved when either using a Win 10 device , Android or IOS, , we don't use surface books. (this is via the app and web client ) ? - I saw another...
  5. I can't change my privacy and online safety settings for windows 10

I can't change my privacy and online safety settings for windows 10: when attempting to change my privacy and online safety settings at this website https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Settings?rtc=1&activetab=main:privilegetab everything looks good at first. but after i click submit and the site reloads my changed settings are reverted back to...
  6. Privacy error on one computer for one specific website

Privacy error on one computer for one specific website: Hello, I hope someone here can help, because I feel like I have exhausted all of my other options. So I have a website, Josh and Jamie Photography | Hampton Roads and Virginia Beach Wedding Photography, that is built on the Wordpress platform. If I access my site or WP...
  7. Location Privacy

in Windows 10 Support
    Location Privacy: Hello Long time ago I was using these keys to disable or turn off privacy / location: ;Location Device Off [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lfsvc\Service\Configuration] "Status"=dword:00000000 ;Location Service Off...
  8. Windows Settings>Privacy>Location: *Some settings are hidden or managed by your...

Windows Settings>Privacy>Location: *Some settings are hidden or managed by your...: Hello! This would be my first time posting in the Community. I hope someone could help me. As stated in the Subject, the location service is off and I am unable to turn it on. The Change button is also grayed out and cannot turn on or press it as well. I don't know what to do...
  9. Browser Location Privacy- How to Set

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Location Privacy- How to Set: Here's something I ran across you might find helpful if you're concerned about browser privacy and access to your location. It's easy to set virtually any browser to stop asking if it can access your location. There are steps outlined for Firefox, Chrome, Edge and IE. Firefox...
  10. Cortana Greyed Out in Privacy Settings Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Greyed Out in Privacy Settings Location: I have just bought a new computer with Win10 V.1607. I am trying to understand what is all very new to me. In Privacy, Settings/Location Location is turned on and I assume Location History is as well however the option to turn Cortana on or off under Choose Apps......... is...