Windows 10: MY PROBOOK TOUCH PAD AND MOUSE HP HAS STOPPED WORKING ONLY THE EXTERNAL USB MOUSE IS WORKING

Discus and support MY PROBOOK TOUCH PAD AND MOUSE HP HAS STOPPED WORKING ONLY THE EXTERNAL USB MOUSE IS WORKING in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; MY PROBOOK TOUCH PAD AND MOUSE HP HAS STOPPED WORKING ONLY THE EXTERNAL USB MOUSE IS WORKING... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KondwaniRX, Jan 20, 2020.

1. MY PROBOOK TOUCH PAD AND MOUSE HP HAS STOPPED WORKING ONLY THE EXTERNAL USB MOUSE IS WORKING

MY PROBOOK TOUCH PAD AND MOUSE HP HAS STOPPED WORKING ONLY THE EXTERNAL USB MOUSE IS WORKING

:)

KondwaniRX, Jan 20, 2020

2. External Mouse and Volume Keys on External Keyboard Stopped Working

I've been using an external mouse and keyboard with my laptop for a while now. A few days ago, the mouse stopped working. It's a wired mouse and the red light comes on when it's plugged in. At the same time, the top row of keys on my wired keyboard stopped working (the volume controls, mail button, home, customizable buttons, etc.). When I plug the mouse in, it appears under Other Devices in the Device Manager, listed twice as a USB Input Device. When I try to update the driver automatically, it says Windows was unable to. The mouse doesn't work in safe mode. I tried a wireless mouse as well and it doesn't work either. My external keyboard shows up under keyboards as an HID Keyboard Device and Windows says the best drivers for my device are already installed. I've tried all three USB ports and the mouse works on another computer. The built-in keyboard and touch pad on my laptop still work fine. What else can I do? Thanks in advance.

purplewalrus, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Mouse Pad Now Working

Pravin Tiwari (FUSA), Jan 20, 2020
  4. MY PROBOOK TOUCH PAD AND MOUSE HP HAS STOPPED WORKING ONLY THE EXTERNAL USB MOUSE IS WORKING

touch pad has stopped working

touch pad stopped working. It is not listed under mouse as an option.

patrickabbott, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

MY PROBOOK TOUCH PAD AND MOUSE HP HAS STOPPED WORKING ONLY THE EXTERNAL USB MOUSE IS WORKING

1. MY PROBOOK TOUCH PAD AND MOUSE HP HAS STOPPED WORKING ONLY THE EXTERNAL USB MOUSE IS WORKING - Similar Threads - PROBOOK TOUCH PAD

2. Internal Mouse-touch pad mouse?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internal Mouse-touch pad mouse?: Can anyone tell me how to turn off the internal mouse pad/touchpad??? I am using an external mouse and always do; have never had a problem before with this transaction. This is a new laptop for me, it is a Lenovo running on 10S. I am obviously not very attuned to the terms...
  3. USB mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB mouse stopped working: Why has my usb mouse stopped working now that I have downloaded the latest update for windows 10? It is driving me insane. It works in chrome and when I move the list of emails received, but will not work inside the emails. I have tried all the suggestions going (including...
  4. mouse and touch pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse and touch pad: I recently went in and changed my pointer to a custom one and ever sense then when I start up my pc the mouse seems to be invisible. The mouse still works when I cant see it but its a pain to go into settings and re select my mouse every time I start it up. What ive been...
  5. USB Mouse | Stopped Working

USB Mouse | Stopped Working: Hi! My USB mouse was working perfectly all morning. Everything was fine up until I restarted my laptop. I've looked online and through posts on here and nothing seems to work. The USB mouse works with my other laptop that I rarely use, but it doesn't respond to my primary...
  6. External Mouse stop working

External Mouse stop working: Hello I have a problem since 1 week, I have sony vaio vgn-cs11s laptop and i am using windows 10 for a long time , but 1 week ago i face a problem my external wired mouse stop working properly windows start freezing and lagging i tried to use mouse pad but my pad also lags,...
  7. Mouse and touch pad

Mouse and touch pad: I bought a new mouse. When I plug I install it into the usb port I am not able to automatically disable the touch pad. It's driving me crazy. Why is this so complicated?...
  8. mouse pad has stopped working on my toshiba

mouse pad has stopped working on my toshiba: mouse pad stopped working on my Toshiba satellite https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mouse-pad-has-stopped-working-on-my-toshiba/79cb8a9e-97d5-42ad-9adc-1589a6cc4773
  9. Touch pad Mouse

Touch pad Mouse: Need help with my mouse. During data input, mouse moves and will click on other menus and/or access the cut and paste options. In my word processor, I have lost blocks of data. The same problems happen online on several websites requiring data entry. Really need answer....
  10. Mouse pad works normally, but USB mouse causes issues

Mouse pad works normally, but USB mouse causes issues: I've had this issue since last weekend and I've tried many different things in order to fix it. When I boot up my computer, I can use the mouse pad normally, but as soon as I use the external mouse, I can only either interact with the taskbar or anything else but the taskbar....