Windows 10: My product key is gone along with my windows

Discus and support My product key is gone along with my windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was working on my computer and I had to restart and when I did I booted my computer back up and I was not getting passed a blue screen and I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jayek, Jun 13, 2019.

1. jayek Win User

My product key is gone along with my windows

I was working on my computer and I had to restart and when I did I booted my computer back up and I was not getting passed a blue screen and I did everything. I found out that my windows was gone and my product key was no longer there. I used the command for the product key and it kept saying error NO DESCRIPTION.

What do I do?

:)

jayek, Jun 13, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 13, 2019
  4. AndreTen Win User

Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Like davidhk said. But if you really want to see your windows key, I would suggest Belarc advisor. It will give you some useful information about your system, product keys of your software is among them (not only Microsoft, you will have listed most of your keys).

AndreTen, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

1. My product key is gone along with my windows - Similar Threads - product key gone

2. My pictures and documenmts are missing./ My desk top picture is gone along with my lockm...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My pictures and documenmts are missing./ My desk top picture is gone along with my lockm...: Usually you can find previous uses pictures on the picture choice page and they are not there. No picture files and no document files and no downloads. Mu screen login is different and I did not make changes....
  3. Are my product keys genuine?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Are my product keys genuine?: Backstory In 2009 I bought a new PC that came with Windows 7 Home Prem OEM Software. In 2012 I decided to buy the upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate through Microsoft Windows Anytime Upgrade. In 2019 I bought a refurbished Dell PC that came with Windows 10 Home preinstalled....
  4. find my product key

find my product key: I want to activate my window but my box of window was lost please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-my-product-key/92d2f8e5-e214-4cac-804d-08cd11f795a0"
  5. is my product key genuine or not?

is my product key genuine or not?: [ATTACH]I want to know if my windows 10 product key is genuine or not based on this screenshot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-product-key-genuine-or-not/8523507d-5a5f-40b1-a108-9f2617aea863"
  6. reusing my product key

reusing my product key: If I purchase windows 10 License key now and I upgrade on the PC I'm using now. If I go buy a new PC a week from now am I able to reuse my windows 10 product key on the new PC I purchased????...
  7. Where is my windows product key.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is my windows product key.: I bought a HP laptop with a retail seller. I have searched all over the box it came in. There is no product key to be found. And I have to activate windows. It is not letting me personalize my desktop. I don't know what to do in this situation. Any answers?...
  8. my product key

my product key: ID: 00328-10000-00001-AA952 I want Product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-product-key/d51160c2-fa5b-4b02-ba5b-81f2fbbf29b4"
  9. where is my product key

where is my product key: Hi, I want to move my Windows 10 to a new computer. I need my product key to activate and I need a compy of windows as my new computer does not have a cd player. 1. Where is my product key? 2. How do I download the new copy? Thank you....
  10. My Product Key

My Product Key: I have hit another roadblock in my marathon two-day attempt to restore the laptop that Windows 10 destroyed. I do not have the product key for the device, so cannot even revert to Windows 8.1. The product key is not shown in the Amazon purchase listing for the device, and I...