Windows 10: My product key is gone along with my windows

Discus and support My product key is gone along with my windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was working on my computer and I had to restart and when I did I booted my computer back up and I was not getting passed a blue screen and I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jayek, Jun 13, 2019.

1. jayek Win User

My product key is gone along with my windows

I was working on my computer and I had to restart and when I did I booted my computer back up and I was not getting passed a blue screen and I did everything. I found out that my windows was gone and my product key was no longer there. I used the command for the product key and it kept saying error NO DESCRIPTION.

What do I do?

:)

jayek, Jun 13, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 13, 2019
  4. AndreTen Win User

Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Like davidhk said. But if you really want to see your windows key, I would suggest Belarc advisor. It will give you some useful information about your system, product keys of your software is among them (not only Microsoft, you will have listed most of your keys).

AndreTen, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

1. My product key is gone along with my windows - Similar Threads - product key gone

2. My Windows defender is gone along with my nvidia control panel and windows update is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows defender is gone along with my nvidia control panel and windows update is...: Actually last week i noticed that my windows defender was completely gone and also my nvidia services. I have tried every solutions that i could find from google except for reinstalling windows 10, haven't tried that yet. As for my nvidia control panel, it is showing me that...
  3. My Windows defender is gone along with my nvidia control panel and windows update is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows defender is gone along with my nvidia control panel and windows update is...: Actually last week i noticed that my windows defender was completely gone and also my nvidia services. I have tried every solutions that i could find from google except for reinstalling windows 10, haven't tried that yet. As for my nvidia control panel, it is showing me that...
  4. My Windows defender is gone along with my nvidia control panel and windows update is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Will my data be gone if I switch my Windows 11 product key to a Windows 12 product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will my data be gone if I switch my Windows 11 product key to a Windows 12 product key?: I’ve been wanting Windows 12 for a few months now, and I have a product key to use. But will it remove my data like apps, images, files, etc.?...
  6. Will my data be gone if I switch my Windows 11 product key to a Windows 12 product key?

Will my data be gone if I switch my Windows 11 product key to a Windows 12 product key?: I’ve been wanting Windows 12 for a few months now, and I have a product key to use. But will it remove my data like apps, images, files, etc.?...
  7. this is my product key

this is my product key: Here's how your profile name will appear in the community:EditYou can change your profile name now or at any time in your Profile settings`elect the most appropriate product and topics below to help your post be seen by the right community experts....
  8. Not my Product Key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not my Product Key?: A very strange thing happened today. I reinstalled windows on my hard drive, because of a myriad of reasons. When it came time to put in the product key at installation, I said I didn't have one because I couldn't find the paper I had it on. Once the Installation was done and...
  9. re-formated my pc and product key is gone for good???????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    re-formated my pc and product key is gone for good???????: re-formated my pc and product key is gone for good??????? cant even get a phone number to call or download anything cause microsoft servers down? thats what trouble shooter told me lol 24 hours of this. such a good experience. but tell me how my private date being thrown at u...
  10. Windows product key gone

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows product key gone: Hello After replacing the mainboard in my computer a message on my screen shows up asking me to actiavate windows. I already activated Windows 2 years ago and I cannot locate my product key now....