Windows 10: My product key not working after reinstall

Discus and support My product key not working after reinstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop was originally windows 7 with a windows 7 product key. I upgraded it to windows 10 three years ago and never had a problem. Recently my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sadafdl, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Sadafdl Win User

My product key not working after reinstall

My laptop was originally windows 7 with a windows 7 product key. I upgraded it to windows 10 three years ago and never had a problem. Recently my windows crashed and nothing worked, so I had to reinstall the windows from a media creation file. Now windows 10 is successfully installed but won't accept my product key anymore.

:)

Sadafdl, Sep 26, 2020

2. Product Key for reinstalling windows

Hi NAUFAL

I am an independent advisor here to help

in this situation but you will have is a digital product key or product license attached to the motherboard of the computer. There is no traditional product key to be had in the situation. When reinstalling Windows 10 you will see on the screen that asks you
    to enter the activation key that you have the option to skip that step. Go ahead and skip that step, after set up as long as there is an active internet connection the Windows activation servers will read the digital activation license from the motherboard
    of the computer and activate for you.

The only situation where this would not apply is if you have changed or upgraded the motherboard in your computer

TechGuy_82, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 with OEM product key

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate.
    You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key
    you already ownto reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Sep 26, 2020
  4. My product key not working after reinstall

Reinstalling Windows Product Key

Hi, I'm Bianca, an Independent Advisor for Microsoft, an expert and a Microsoft user like you. I'm happy to assist you.

You should be able to use your product key. If you are having issues activating it, I suggest that you use the activation troubleshooter. Follow the steps on the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/20527/...

Let me know if this does not work for you.

#BiancaB14, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

My product key not working after reinstall

1. My product key not working after reinstall - Similar Threads - product key working

2. Reinstalled windows because the internet disappeared and now my product key will not work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalled windows because the internet disappeared and now my product key will not work: Never saw the internet vanish from my PC before, not disconnected there was no icon that said disconnected or online. Anyway I chose to reinstall windows from the help. Why do I have to reinstall the key when it was valid to start? I retrieved the key from another drive...
  3. Product Key not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product Key not working: Just bought a product key for windows 10 home for my computer and it wont recognise it. Ive wipped the computer to get rid of windows 10 pro. Im not sure why the product key i jave isnt working. Any suggestions at all will be greatly appreciated!!...
  4. Reinstalling Windows Product Key

Reinstalling Windows Product Key: I recently reinstalled windows 10 pro on my computer. I had it activated beforehand and it was working perfectly fine, but after reinstallation it wasnts another product key? Am I supposed to use my first product key?...
  5. product key not working

product key not working: im trying to activate windows home 10 and the product isn't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-not-working/d62d4393-c635-44d2-b4e4-9a92a4d2e2be
  6. Product Key not working

Product Key not working: So a few months ago i bought this PC used from some guy, and today i got the "Activate Windows" watermark for no reason. after googling a bit i assume this is because the guy activated it with an enterprise license or something. Apparently the activation screen is supposed...
  7. Reinstall Windows 10 Product key wont work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10 Product key wont work: So the last update from windows 10 caused my computer to crash so I had to reinstall Windows 10. As of right now it's showing its not activated and that it needs a product key. I still have the product key of when I first purchased Windows 10 but I get an error and it says...
  8. My product key no longer works

My product key no longer works: I had to have my old laptop reinstalled but now the product key for word says it is invalid anyone know why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-product-key-no-longer-works/3e34731e-30e3-41d8-aeb6-5289f1e576e7"
  9. Product Key for reinstalling windows

Product Key for reinstalling windows: I want to reinstall my laptop When I bought my laptop, there were already windows 10 So, if windows ask me a product key when reinstalling, where I can see my windows product key?...
  10. Reinstall: product key blocked?

Reinstall: product key blocked?: I originally got win10 through the free upgrade from 8.1 and did the install that only replaces system files etc. Some things weren't working correctly such as the sleep function and I kept being unable to login due to the start menu and Cortana not starting, so I decided to...