Windows 10: My product key not working after reinstall

Discus and support My product key not working after reinstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop was originally windows 7 with a windows 7 product key. I upgraded it to windows 10 three years ago and never had a problem. Recently my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sadafdl, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Sadafdl Win User

My product key not working after reinstall

My laptop was originally windows 7 with a windows 7 product key. I upgraded it to windows 10 three years ago and never had a problem. Recently my windows crashed and nothing worked, so I had to reinstall the windows from a media creation file. Now windows 10 is successfully installed but won't accept my product key anymore.

:)

Sadafdl, Sep 26, 2020

2. Product Key for reinstalling windows

Hi NAUFAL

I am an independent advisor here to help

in this situation but you will have is a digital product key or product license attached to the motherboard of the computer. There is no traditional product key to be had in the situation. When reinstalling Windows 10 you will see on the screen that asks you
    to enter the activation key that you have the option to skip that step. Go ahead and skip that step, after set up as long as there is an active internet connection the Windows activation servers will read the digital activation license from the motherboard
    of the computer and activate for you.

The only situation where this would not apply is if you have changed or upgraded the motherboard in your computer

TechGuy_82, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 with OEM product key

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate.
    You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key
    you already ownto reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Sep 26, 2020
  4. My product key not working after reinstall

Reinstalling Windows Product Key

Hi, I'm Bianca, an Independent Advisor for Microsoft, an expert and a Microsoft user like you. I'm happy to assist you.

You should be able to use your product key. If you are having issues activating it, I suggest that you use the activation troubleshooter. Follow the steps on the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/20527/...

Let me know if this does not work for you.

#BiancaB14, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

My product key not working after reinstall

1. My product key not working after reinstall - Similar Threads - product key working

2. My Product key is not working after reinstalling windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Product key is not working after reinstalling windows 11.: When Im giving my product key to get office 365. Im getting below error. Previously it was working fine. If your product key is for Microsoft 365 Business or other business products, redeem it at office.com/setupkey.If your product key is for Office 2010, Office 2007, or...
  3. My Product key is not working after reinstalling windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Product key is not working after reinstalling windows 11.: When Im giving my product key to get office 365. Im getting below error. Previously it was working fine. If your product key is for Microsoft 365 Business or other business products, redeem it at office.com/setupkey.If your product key is for Office 2010, Office 2007, or...
  4. I lose my product key after cloud reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lose my product key after cloud reinstall: Please somebody help me,I lost my product key after cloud reinstall, I got an error code: 0x80004005 then I click to change my product key then it's asks me for previous windows product key.I don't know the previous oneWhat should I do?...
  5. I lose my product key after cloud reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lose my product key after cloud reinstall: Please somebody help me,I lost my product key after cloud reinstall, I got an error code: 0x80004005 then I click to change my product key then it's asks me for previous windows product key.I don't know the previous oneWhat should I do?...
  6. I lose my product key after cloud reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Reinstall product key

Reinstall product key: hi already l have product key have i can reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-product-key/5b23a23d-7eac-4f64-aabf-38cccf021afe
  8. My product key is not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My product key is not working: My product key had somehow changed to some organization, so tried entering my original product key but it says it doesn't work with error code 0xc004f50. I know the product key I am entering is my real product key but it is still showing this error...
  9. Windows 10 Product Key Not Working On Apple After Reinstallation

Windows 10 Product Key Not Working On Apple After Reinstallation: I have a Macbook Air and successfully downloaded Windows 10 through Bootcamp - at first, everything was working like a dream and I was able to use my product key to officially activate Windows. However, since my main purpose was to be able to play games that won't work with...
  10. Product Key for reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key for reinstalling windows: I want to reinstall my laptop When I bought my laptop, there were already windows 10 So, if windows ask me a product key when reinstalling, where I can see my windows product key?...