Windows 10: my professional gamer friends been having issues on his pc, metadata staging failed

Discus and support my professional gamer friends been having issues on his pc, metadata staging failed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; so its been for some time, before these there were some issues with the system files, and he wanted to install windows on his ssd so I went through a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KynanEaton, Feb 27, 2024.

1. my professional gamer friends been having issues on his pc, metadata staging failed

so its been for some time, before these there were some issues with the system files, and he wanted to install windows on his ssd so I went through a full fresh windows install on his ssd as the primary hdd isn't connected now, I formatted the drives completely and deleted all partitions before the reinstall, and at least there's no more system file errors so there's that, but now we have the metadata issue, which I'm not sure how to fix. I saw some things online, but I had done most of them before I reinstalled. got some files attached for the GOATs that exist here on this thread. drive hea

:)

KynanEaton, Feb 27, 2024
  2. SoxmisUK Win User

Metadata staging failed

Hello Kosta, thanks for your reply, I got a lot of success by following Sammy's advice at this link ==> Solved Continues Errors at startup - Page 3

SoxmisUK, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Metadata staging failed, for Event ID:131

You didn't understand me, I'm using Windows 10 Professional 64bit, on which I have VMware Workstation installed my professional gamer friends been having issues on his pc, metadata staging failed :) (Forget I mentioned VMware, my OS is Windows 10 Pro 64bit)

Anyway, your way didn't work and the errors keep getting logged in the Event Viewer

Do you have any other suggestions on how to fix this error (Metadata staging failed, for Event ID:131) ?

IvailoMarkov, Feb 27, 2024
  4. kosta Win User

my professional gamer friends been having issues on his pc, metadata staging failed

Metadata staging failed

I have the same problem. Errors appear in following order:

The Network List Manager reports no connectivity to the internet.
    A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established.
    The Network List Manager reports no connectivity to the internet.
    A connection to the Windows Metadata and Internet Services (WMIS) could not be established.
    Metadata staging failed, result={00000000-0000-0000-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF} for container '0x80070490'

I think all these errors are to be seen as one. For some reason the system reports no internet connection, and then rest of errors appears.

There is an option in Group Policy to tell windows to wait for internet before logon:
    Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon
    "Always wait for network at computer startup and logon"
    However that doesn't work here. The error persists.

So, any ideas?

kosta, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

my professional gamer friends been having issues on his pc, metadata staging failed

1. my professional gamer friends been having issues on his pc, metadata staging failed - Similar Threads - professional gamer friends

2. bunch of METADATA staging failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bunch of METADATA staging failed: Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container '{D397268A-724C-B4EF-D641-C9234BA2948B}'Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container '{4C598C53-F9BA-11EE-A8CA-806E6F6E6963}'Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container...
  3. bunch of METADATA staging failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bunch of METADATA staging failed: Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container '{D397268A-724C-B4EF-D641-C9234BA2948B}'Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container '{4C598C53-F9BA-11EE-A8CA-806E6F6E6963}'Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container...
  4. Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container...

Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container...: recently this happen alot and I don't know how to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/metadata-staging-failed-result0x80070490-for/5db761e1-ee15-47d2-b1dd-c8a18533dac9
  5. Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container...

Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container...: I was playing Rainbow Six Siege and the game crashes without reason and I get this along with a total of 15 different error reports with a Source of DeviceSetupManager, All of this viewed from Event Viewer Would anyone be able to explain what is going wrong and how I can...
  6. Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container...: Shows up in eventviewer along with : Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/metadata-staging-failed-result0x80070490-for/362472b1-6fbd-4947-8457-522df84d4352
  7. my professional gamer friends been having issues on his pc, metadata staging failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my professional gamer friends been having issues on his pc, metadata staging failed: so its been for some time, before these there were some issues with the system files, and he wanted to install windows on his ssd so I went through a full fresh windows install on his ssd as the primary hdd isn't connected now, I formatted the drives completely and deleted...
  8. my professional gamer friends been having issues on his pc, metadata staging failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my professional gamer friends been having issues on his pc, metadata staging failed: so its been for some time, before these there were some issues with the system files, and he wanted to install windows on his ssd so I went through a full fresh windows install on his ssd as the primary hdd isn't connected now, I formatted the drives completely and deleted...
  9. My friend having problems with his PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My friend having problems with his PC: As you can see in the video, the apps on his desktop keep changing size and his mouse starts vibrating and sometimes loses control entirely. Apperantly this also happens when he's in google chrome though I'm not sure if they're related. He's tried restarting his PC, changing...
  10. Metadata staging failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Metadata staging failed: These errors have started building up with every reboot.. What's going on? Never seen them in W764? But now after upgrading to W10 64.. Metadata staging failed, result={CA0E9E80-3E97-FCAC-730A-8CB080FA2581} for container '0x80070490' A connection to the Windows Metadata...