Windows 10: My programdata files are corrupt

Discus and support My programdata files are corrupt in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot install things such as VC_redistx64, brecause of my corrupt programdata. Is there any way to fix this?? I need a solution ASAP.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlperOrhan, Sep 29, 2020.

1. My programdata files are corrupt

I cannot install things such as VC_redistx64, brecause of my corrupt programdata. Is there any way to fix this??

I need a solution ASAP.

:)

AlperOrhan, Sep 29, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    ProgramData-filder backup

Hi,

The ProgramData folder is usually located in the C: drive of your device. To locate the ProgramData folder, you can perform the following:

• In File Explorer, click on the View tab.
    • Click on Options.
    • In the Folder Options window, click on the View tab.
    • Under the Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
    • Click on Apply.
    • Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Jelu Cal, Sep 29, 2020
  4. My programdata files are corrupt

Family Safety on Windows 10 Child Account permanently out of time

Hello,

The issue could be because of corrupted files. As you have tried different troubleshooting steps with no avail, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C: > open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

My programdata files are corrupt

1. My programdata files are corrupt - Similar Threads - programdata files are

2. Found large files in C:\ProgramData

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Found large files in C:\ProgramData: Hi,I stumbled upon several large files 2 GB -13 GB in C:\ProgramData on our Domain Controllers 2012R2, 2019.the file names are a mixture of letters only and have no extension.roughly the same time these files were created, I also found .csproj files.Does anyone have an idea...
  3. Found large files in C:\ProgramData

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Found large files in C:\ProgramData: Hi,I stumbled upon several large files 2 GB -13 GB in C:\ProgramData on our Domain Controllers 2012R2, 2019.the file names are a mixture of letters only and have no extension.roughly the same time these files were created, I also found .csproj files.Does anyone have an idea...
  4. Checking that my files are not corrupt

Checking that my files are not corrupt: When I make a backup of my USB stick folder that has a few thousand personal files in it, I look at the backup I have just made and look at the folder properties and make sure the backup folder size is identical in bytes as to the original. Is this a good way to make sure the...
  5. programdata

in Windows 10 Gaming
    programdata: how did my ProgramData folder reach 314 GB ? when I checked the contents of the folder, it doesn't amount to 10-15gb of data... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programdata/210eb5b3-4257-44d4-9329-4036c1b5d712
  6. programdata

programdata: how did my ProgramData folder reach 314 GB ? when I checked the contents of the folder, it doesn't amount to 10-15gb of data... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programdata/210eb5b3-4257-44d4-9329-4036c1b5d712
  7. programdata

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Deleting ProgramData files on C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting ProgramData files on C drive: Hello I am wondering if I can delete ProgramData files on C drive so I can free up space and help my pc run faster. I went online and saw related articles but they didn't recommend to delete them. But in ProgramData folder, there are many subfolders of Softwares that I had...
  9. Microsoft.SqlServer.Compact.400.64.bc file in ProgramData

Microsoft.SqlServer.Compact.400.64.bc file in ProgramData: Microsoft.SqlServer.Compact.400.64.bc gets created in ProgramData folder at every restart (even if it is deleted). I am using Xampp, MySql and I have Microsoft SQL Server installed on my computer. Apparently, this file keeps track of private deployments, which I don't...
  10. Users and Program files/ProgramData reroute?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Users and Program files/ProgramData reroute?: Hi all. On my desktop I run WS2008R2 Enterprise and have done since 2009 due to the work I do heavily in IT. It's a critical system. I also have a laptop running Windows 10 Enterprise. I managed a very long time ago to have my WS2008R2 desktop system to re-route any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. programdata folder corrupted