Windows 10: My Programs Suddenly Dissapeared from the start menu

Discus and support My Programs Suddenly Dissapeared from the start menu in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ok so im running the latest 1809 windows 10 version, when all of a sudden my installed programs such as AutoCAD, Chrome, Etc disappeared from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DarrylPereira, Jan 31, 2019.

1. My Programs Suddenly Dissapeared from the start menu

Ok so im running the latest 1809 windows 10 version, when all of a sudden my installed programs such as AutoCAD, Chrome, Etc disappeared from the start menu with the exception of a few : winrar, steam, Blender

I have no idea as to how this is possible

My hardware:
    128gb ssd

1tb hdd

16gb ram

nvidia gtx1050

I can find all the apps through search. They are in the machine but disappeared in start menu.

Someone please help

:)

DarrylPereira, Jan 31, 2019

2. Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs"

RE: WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32bit, Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs" list.

I have several "start menu" programs missing in my "all programs" list. One of the missing entries is the "accessories" folder and all related files.

As far as I can tell all of the missing files are on the system and they can be found by using the "start menu search" facility. This problem is occurring with other users but I can not find a solution which works to get things back the way they were after installing the OS.

I am seeing the missing apps and other items at this location in iexplore.exe %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs .

Everything I have tried to get these items back into my "start menu" "all programs" list has been met with failure except creating a shortcut. A shortcut is not the real fix as it leaves two entries in the folder.

When I right click on the highlighted "all Programs" box, in the start menu, a small options list pops up, if "open all users" is selected a new window pops up. Inside that window I can click on the programs folder where I can see the missing entries that should appear on my "all programs" list plus those which I presently see on my "all programs" list together in a single directory listing.

How can I get the above directory list of programs back into the "start menu" "all programs" area so I do not have to go through this extra window and select the programs folder to locate what I wish to run?

I also noticed my accessories folder has a lock on it while I am in the primary user administrator account. If you know how to get rid of the lock it would be helpful however I can find that information when I get a chance to look up the answer?

I noticed some hidden (first tier) folders on the C: drive which I made visible while leaving protection on the OS folders. I can now see these folders in an iexplore.exe directory listing. This did not fix the problem in the "all programs" file selection list and I do not remember if this folder was hidden when the OS was installed.

When I opened up the system to allow a login directly into the Administrator account everything shows up the same as it did when the OS installed along with all other programs installed afterward.

After some progress I am still here *Bang Head :banghead: and slowly getting closer to an answer. Can anyone help me get there a little faster?

N9ZN-Extra, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Programs on second hard drive on start menu

Hi. I have a 30GB SSD that contains only Win 7, Chrome, Mediamonkey, and a temp monitor.
    All the other programs are on a hard drive.

How can I make them appear under the program files on start menu and be searchable through the start menu?

Thanks!

squelchy451, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

My Programs Suddenly Dissapeared from the start menu

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

My Programs Suddenly Dissapeared from the start menu

1. My Programs Suddenly Dissapeared from the start menu - Similar Threads - Programs Suddenly Dissapeared

2. Ethernet Suddenly dissapeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Suddenly dissapeared: I have encountered this problem many times. And it always leads to fixing it to an expertIs there a way to fix the ethernet driver? And possibly prevent this problem again for the future?I have a motherboard ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0 mother, Processor AMD Athlon 200GE with Radeon...
  3. Ethernet Suddenly dissapeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Suddenly dissapeared: I have encountered this problem many times. And it always leads to fixing it to an expertIs there a way to fix the ethernet driver? And possibly prevent this problem again for the future?I have a motherboard ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0 mother, Processor AMD Athlon 200GE with Radeon...
  4. Bluetooth suddenly dissapeared from the device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth suddenly dissapeared from the device.: Hello, i've been using my laptop for like 2 years now, and I always connect my wireless headphones via bluetooth. Well today I couldn't. When I try to it says Bluetooth is turned off. I have the headphones saved as a device that was already connected. When i try to run a...
  5. Bluetooth suddenly dissapeared from the device.

Bluetooth suddenly dissapeared from the device.: Hello, i've been using my laptop for like 2 years now, and I always connect my wireless headphones via bluetooth. Well today I couldn't. When I try to it says Bluetooth is turned off. I have the headphones saved as a device that was already connected. When i try to run a...
  6. Bluetooth suddenly dissapeared from the device.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. The Xbox icon in the Start menu won't dissapear!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Xbox icon in the Start menu won't dissapear!: Hi.I've probably tried every single advice in this Community about Xbox, but to no avail.I am so tired of Xbox and all the other apps I have to live with - Cortana, Edge etc but I have found ways to get rid of these. But the Xbox icon is stubborn, and it simply will not go...
  8. The Xbox icon in the Start menu won't dissapear!

The Xbox icon in the Start menu won't dissapear!: Hi.I've probably tried every single advice in this Community about Xbox, but to no avail.I am so tired of Xbox and all the other apps I have to live with - Cortana, Edge etc but I have found ways to get rid of these. But the Xbox icon is stubborn, and it simply will not go...
  9. desktop icons dissapear with start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons dissapear with start menu: [ATTACH][ATTACH] when windows loads nothing appears, but when i open something or right click on desktop everything appears. sometimes when i open something and minimize it everything goes off again. some one know how to fix this? thanks...
  10. Program missing from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program missing from Start Menu: I'm running windows 10, build 1607 (work machine, *I* can't update it) A while back, I was trying to create a shortcut to Outlook and accidentally MOVED the shortcut out of the start menu folder. (%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs) I've re-added it, but it...