Windows 10: My PRTSCN key isnt working

Discus and support My PRTSCN key isnt working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My PRTSCN key isnt working, thank you in advance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MelissaWalker2, Mar 13, 2019.

1. My PRTSCN key isnt working

My PRTSCN key isnt working, thank you in advance

:)

MelissaWalker2, Mar 13, 2019
  2. BpSitRep Win User

I want to use my PRTSCN function key

It used to work just fine then something happened.....my PrtScn button on my Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5050 does NOT work anymore when I push it. Alt + PrtScn nope, Cntl + Alt + PrtScn nope, Win Key + PrtScn brings up start menu. I keep reading
    that 'Snipping Tool' has 'disabled my key'....is this true. I want my PrtScn back....please help!

BpSitRep, Mar 13, 2019
  3. C-sprngs Win User
    My PRTSCN button no longer works

Hello, and thank you!

• I have an LG computer and a DELL key board. I couldn't find the make, but it is older, with red music control buttons and a windows icon for the 'start' button.
    • Before, I did not have to use any key with my print screen button. It worked by only pressing that key. Now, I have to use Windows + PrtScn, go into a Word document, paste the photo, then "Save photo as...," and then it's saved.
    • I don't believe I'm using any other program. The screenshots used to go directly to my dropbox.

C-sprngs, Mar 13, 2019
  4. My PRTSCN key isnt working

CTRL + PrtScn not working

Windows Key + PrtScn. The screen will darken for a second which means the screenshot was taken.

Personally, I prefer the Snipping Tool. Start | All Apps | Windows Accessories | Snipping Tool.

Bruce Hagen, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

My PRTSCN key isnt working

1. My PRTSCN key isnt working - Similar Threads - PRTSCN key isnt

2. why isnt my product key working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why isnt my product key working: i was gifted a windows 11 pro and whenever i try to avtivate windows it says that it isnt valid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-my-product-key-working/57f41a35-4410-4202-8024-f556b2e97530
  3. why isnt my product key working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why isnt my product key working: i was gifted a windows 11 pro and whenever i try to avtivate windows it says that it isnt valid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-my-product-key-working/57f41a35-4410-4202-8024-f556b2e97530
  4. PrtScn key doesn't work if Registry Editor is open and active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PrtScn key doesn't work if Registry Editor is open and active: The PrtScn key doesn't work if Registry Editor is open and active. If I have any other window 'active', it works, but if RegEdit is active, it does not launch the Snipping Tool.Why?...
  5. PrtScn key doesn't work if Registry Editor is open and active

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PrtScn key doesn't work if Registry Editor is open and active: The PrtScn key doesn't work if Registry Editor is open and active. If I have any other window 'active', it works, but if RegEdit is active, it does not launch the Snipping Tool.Why?...
  6. My z key isnt working at all anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My z key isnt working at all anymore: Title gives you a basic rundown, but I'll detail it here:I've tried:-Uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them-Running a virus scan-Changing my language inputIt's also a laptop so I can't exactly get a new keyboard or anything sadly. I can, however, copy and paste it,...
  7. my esc key isnt working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my esc key isnt working: i got this new bluetooth keyboard which works fine except for some reason my esc key wont work. everytime i press it it puts ` instead of actually doing wat i want it to like pausing a game or sum. can someone plz help idk how to get it to work?...
  8. PrtScn Suddenly Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    PrtScn Suddenly Stopped Working: I've had my Surface 2 for two years. To save a screenshot all I ever had to do was press the PrtScn button. Suddenly, today, it's stopped working. A quick Google shows people suggesting that I use the Windows button in conjunction with the PrtScn button, that works... but...
  9. product key isnt working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    product key isnt working: I just bought windows 10 and my product key isnt working, for some reason i cant contact Microsoft i have tried https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-isnt-working/4fb62003-8322-4547-82fb-8466ab2f9595
  10. I want to use my PRTSCN function key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I want to use my PRTSCN function key: It used to work just fine then something happened.....my PrtScn button on my Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5050 does NOT work anymore when I push it. Alt + PrtScn nope, Cntl + Alt + PrtScn nope, Win Key + PrtScn brings up start menu. I keep reading that 'Snipping...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. prtscn screenrec