Windows 10: My PS4 wired controller is recognised as an audio device

Discus and support My PS4 wired controller is recognised as an audio device in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am currently in another country for a couple of months and left my PS4 controller at home. I bought a new one that includes a wire but I started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlexHude, Jul 23, 2020.

1. AlexHude Win User

My PS4 wired controller is recognised as an audio device

I am currently in another country for a couple of months and left my PS4 controller at home. I bought a new one that includes a wire but I started having issues with it.

When I went to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth and other devices, it said that the PS4 controller was recognised as audio.

After doing some research, I was told to go to Control Panel >Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers, double-click on the PS4 controller, go toHardware, click on the Function with the Sound icon, click Properties, go to Drive and click Disable Device, and finally plug and replug the device. Unfortunately, the option for Disable Device was restricted.

Could someone help me solve this problem?

:)

AlexHude, Jul 23, 2020
  2. AlexHude Win User

I am currently in another country for a couple of months and left my PS4 controller at home. I bought a new one that includes a wire but I started having issues with it.

When I went to Settings > Devices >
    Bluetooth
    and other devices, it said that the PS4 controller was recognised as audio.

After doing some research, I was told to go to Control Panel >
    Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers, double-click on the PS4 controller, go to
    Hardware, click on the Function with the Sound icon, click
    Properties
    , go to Drive and click Disable Device, and finally plug and replug the device. Unfortunately, the option for Disable Device was restricted.

Could someone help me solve this problem?

AlexHude, Aug 1, 2020
  3. PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device

Hello.

My PS4 controller is being identified as an audio device. I have disabled it, but it still does not work(Steam does not recognize it as a ps4 controller). And everytime I reconnect it, it goes back to being identified as an audio device(even tho I disabled
    it and later uninstalled it)

SugarRushOG, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Cxllz_ Win User

PS4 Controller is registering as an audio device

When ever I connect my PS4 controller to my PC it says its an audio device. How do I use my controller?

Cxllz_, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. My PS4 wired controller is recognised as an audio device - Similar Threads - PS4 wired controller

2. PS4 Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PS4 Controller: My ps4 controllers have seemingly just stopped working for no apparent reason. I have tried to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them back, but it only shows up after I restart my computer as having the same problem as the last time: driver error. I have googled the...
  3. PS4 Controller is registering as an audio device

PS4 Controller is registering as an audio device: When ever I connect my PS4 controller to my PC it says its an audio device. How do I use my controller? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps4-controller-is-registering-as-an-audio-device/38bcf16e-5f98-4721-a077-42285ba23ed9
  4. I want to make my ps4 joystick an audio device

I want to make my ps4 joystick an audio device: Hi! I want to make my ps4 joystick an audio device. When i connect the joystick to the pc, its appear as a "wireless controller" under "other devices", and i don´t know how to put this device under "audio device". Thanks in advance....
  5. Ps4 controller doesn't show up on my pc devices

Ps4 controller doesn't show up on my pc devices: My controller is blinking yellow, but i can't find it in my device manger or anywhere else. I'd be grateful for your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps4-controller-doesnt-show-up-on-my-pc-devices/e77dd6b3-7b12-4319-86b5-be5d658406f2
  6. High Definition Audio Controller not recognised in device manager

High Definition Audio Controller not recognised in device manager: Hi, I reinstalled my windows recently and I don't have any sound from my motherboard. I can connect my speakers to my monitor, which uses the Nvidia High Definition Audio, but that's not what I need. When I plug my speakers/headset into my pc front or back panel, nothing...
  7. ps4 controller connecting as an audio device

ps4 controller connecting as an audio device: I have used this same controller and PC plenty of times with no issues. then one day I plugged in my controller and now it is only recognized as an audio device. I have tried disabling it and plugging it back in, updating the driver, uninstalling the device, e.t.c. nothing in...
  8. PS4 Controller not appearing in device manager

PS4 Controller not appearing in device manager: Hi there, So I recently installed XInput Wrapper for me to be able to use my PS4 controller in Forza Horizon 4, however, now that I've uninstalled the XInput Wrapper, as it was not working with Assetto Corsa on Steam, it is not being recognised by either windows or DS4. I...
  9. PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device

PS4 Controller Indentified as an Audio Device: Hello. My PS4 controller is being identified as an audio device. I have disabled it, but it still does not work(Steam does not recognize it as a ps4 controller). And everytime I reconnect it, it goes back to being identified as an audio device(even tho I disabled it and...
  10. PS4 Controller device driver error on PC

PS4 Controller device driver error on PC: On Windows 10, my PS4 controller can connect but the driver has an error. It is the Bluetooth HID Device under Human Interface Devices. How can I fix this?...