Windows 10: My pw is accepted to log into my Win10 pc the 1st time but not the 2nd time 15 seconds later

Discus and support My pw is accepted to log into my Win10 pc the 1st time but not the 2nd time 15 seconds later in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi. I got myself into a situation. I was toying with trying to add an account picture on my PC. I just used anything on my desktop to try to do it. I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TedN91740, May 28, 2023.

1. TedN91740 Win User

My pw is accepted to log into my Win10 pc the 1st time but not the 2nd time 15 seconds later

Hi. I got myself into a situation. I was toying with trying to add an account picture on my PC. I just used anything on my desktop to try to do it. I copied and pasted a document file onto the picture frame in “Setting” / “Accounts”. It was a weird pic, and I was just seeing if I could do it and wanted to remove it right away. So, I went to Bing and typed in “How to delete my account picture in Windows 10” The MS post gave directions regarding how to accomplish the task.It directed me to Settings/Account. The directions said I had to be signed into the account, so I began to sign in. Min

:)

TedN91740, May 28, 2023
  2. DBairddb Win User

WIN10 password lost but logged in with picture pw

I log into WIN10 using the picture pw. I have forgotten the other pw. How can I reset the forgotten pw to allow me to make a pw recovery disc and avoid future pw problems?

Thanks

DB

DBairddb, May 28, 2023
  3. CRITICAL HELP NEEDED: Win10/Pro does not accept valid PW at sign-in screen.

Hello.

CRITICAL, URGENT:

I just formatted and then reinstalled Win10. Clean system.

My machine uses my MS Account, not a local account.

I am able to log in via my PIN.

But - if I try to log in with my known, working MS Account password, the sign-in screen will not accept my PW. True from a cold boot, a restart, or a locked machine; same behavior.

I just now did a PW reset, successfully. Shut down the machine. Booted again. PW is refused.

Please help.

Thank you.

Running Win10 Pro on a desktop, completely current with all updates.

JerryLevin1, May 28, 2023
  4. RonanH_86 Win User

My pw is accepted to log into my Win10 pc the 1st time but not the 2nd time 15 seconds later

Microsoft Account Password accepted first time, but not second time

Hi,

When signing in via Settings, my Username and PIN are accepted, then my Password is accepted, but when Password is asked for a second time (“We’ll need your current Microsoft password one last time”), it is not accepted (“The password you have entered for your device is incorrect. Please try again.”). I enter it the exact same at both requests. I’ve tried multiple times. I tried just clicking Next, but that doesn't work.

I don’t know why it would be accepted the first time, but not the second.

How do I resolve this?

Thank you.

Ronan

RonanH_86, May 28, 2023
Thema:

1. My pw is accepted to log into my Win10 pc the 1st time but not the 2nd time 15 seconds later - Similar Threads - accepted log Win10

2. My pw is accepted to log into my Win10 pc the 1st time but not the 2nd time 15 seconds later

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pw is accepted to log into my Win10 pc the 1st time but not the 2nd time 15 seconds later: Hi. I got myself into a situation. I was toying with trying to add an account picture on my PC. I just used anything on my desktop to try to do it. I copied and pasted a document file onto the picture frame in “Setting” / “Accounts”. It was a weird pic, and I was just seeing...
  3. My pw is accepted to log into my Win10 pc the 1st time but not the 2nd time 15 seconds later

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pw is accepted to log into my Win10 pc the 1st time but not the 2nd time 15 seconds later: Hi. I got myself into a situation. I was toying with trying to add an account picture on my PC. I just used anything on my desktop to try to do it. I copied and pasted a document file onto the picture frame in “Setting” / “Accounts”. It was a weird pic, and I was just seeing...
  4. Microsoft Account Password accepted first time, but not second time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Password accepted first time, but not second time: Hi,When signing in via Settings, my Username and PIN are accepted, then my Password is accepted, but when Password is asked for a second time “We’ll need your current Microsoft password one last time”, it is not accepted “The password you have entered for your device is...
  5. Microsoft Account Password accepted first time, but not second time

Microsoft Account Password accepted first time, but not second time: Hi,When signing in via Settings, my Username and PIN are accepted, then my Password is accepted, but when Password is asked for a second time “We’ll need your current Microsoft password one last time”, it is not accepted “The password you have entered for your device is...
  6. My second time asking this :/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My second time asking this :/: So if you want part 1 go to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/why-do-i-not-have-administrative-access-to-games/666b8968-8e84-4fa8-be84-c16625e2fedb Basically, I don't have admin access to about half of my pcs apps. E.g... GTAV, Fall Guys,...
  7. My second time asking this :/

My second time asking this :/: So if you want part 1 go to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/why-do-i-not-have-administrative-access-to-games/666b8968-8e84-4fa8-be84-c16625e2fedb Basically, I don't have admin access to about half of my pcs apps. E.g... GTAV, Fall Guys,...
  8. My second time asking this :/

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Microsoft won't accept password a second time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft won't accept password a second time: I just got a new computer. I'm trying to sign into my Microsoft account via my computer but it won't let me. I've changed my password several times. It'll accept a new password and when I go to sign in, it'll accept the password the FIRST TIME. Then it gives me a "give us the...
  10. Desktop asks for PW every time after I've logged in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Desktop asks for PW every time after I've logged in: Desktop keeps saying there's a problem with my MS account, click to fix. I do and it wants PW and then says OK no problem BUT it happens EVERY time I fire it up. Never happens on the Surface Book. If I ignore it everything works OK, it's just annoying that it says there's...