Windows 10: My question: How do I restore my computer to the way it was before this update was...

Discus and support My question: How do I restore my computer to the way it was before this update was... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My question: How do I restore my computer to the way it was before this update was automatically installed?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VictorStrama, Nov 30, 2018.

1. My question: How do I restore my computer to the way it was before this update was...

My question: How do I restore my computer to the way it was before this update was automatically installed?

:)

VictorStrama, Nov 30, 2018
  2. Thrall Win User

Is There a Way To Protect System Restore?

So I just got off trying to fix my dad's computer, for the 2nd time in a few months, because it has some kind of malware or trojan on it. The first thing I always go to to fix his system is system restore because he doesn't make many changes, if any at all, to windows, software, or basically anything system restore restores other than updating windows. But the last few times he's had various problems system restore, with either has it's restore points being deleted or restore won't even start up. So basically I really need help finding a way to either password protect system restore (preferably for free), get a 3rd restore program that won't get disabled by this malware crap, or any other alternative. I really appreciate any help you can give me because I've had this happen to a few computers that have come my way to fix and i wish there where a way to stop it.

Edit: Just found a program call Settings Lock (http://tinyurl.com/cuzen4) that I tested and it did successfully stop me from turning off system restore or changing it--but it's $25 and i'm not sure if restore could be turned off another other than my gui interface with that program so i'm still hoping to find something better or at least hear some more info about it.

Thrall, Nov 30, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

My question: How do I restore my computer to the way it was before this update was... [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Nov 30, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

My question: How do I restore my computer to the way it was before this update was...

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My question: How do I restore my computer to the way it was before this update was... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

My question: How do I restore my computer to the way it was before this update was...

1. My question: How do I restore my computer to the way it was before this update was... - Similar Threads - question restore computer

2. How do I restore my file explorer to how it looked before the new Windows 11 update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore my file explorer to how it looked before the new Windows 11 update?: It used to sort files by name and show the images if there were enough of them but now it sorts them by date edited and doesn't show the images. I use my file explorer quite a lot and it is bugging me that it now seems so different....
  3. How do I restore my file explorer to how it looked before the new Windows 11 update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore my file explorer to how it looked before the new Windows 11 update?: It used to sort files by name and show the images if there were enough of them but now it sorts them by date edited and doesn't show the images. I use my file explorer quite a lot and it is bugging me that it now seems so different....
  4. how do i restore my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i restore my computer?: i have windows 10 on my computer and i erased the whole computer. i cant seem to get it back, how do i do that? its a dell computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-my-computer/1cc21e2f-3ee8-4a9e-b322-b3521599c8f8
  5. how do i restore my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i restore my computer?: i have windows 10 on my computer and i erased the whole computer. i cant seem to get it back, how do i do that? its a dell computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-my-computer/1cc21e2f-3ee8-4a9e-b322-b3521599c8f8
  6. how do i restore my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. how to restore my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to restore my computer.: how do i restore my PC to an earlier date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-my-computer/cdc3b482-3ef0-4f62-8e28-6bfb14360c9e
  8. How do I get my computer back to how it was BEFORE windows updated it this morning?

How do I get my computer back to how it was BEFORE windows updated it this morning?: Windows updated?? my desktop this morning and completely changed everything - I can't access anything! I've done System Restore, and-as usual- it always adds the time they updated it - completely ignore the Restore date and time I've requested - just tell me they've updated...
  9. how do I restore my computer to yesterday's configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I restore my computer to yesterday's configuration: How do I restore config to yesterday's? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-my-computer-to-yesterdays/48a87949-7363-4aac-b1cd-fad2d7e53aa2"
  10. How do I restore my computer to an earlier date ?

How do I restore my computer to an earlier date ?: I need instructions to restore my windows 10 computer to ab earlier date ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-my-computer-to-an-earlier-date/d742cec0-2b95-469e-bb4f-353006faabaa