Windows 10: My quick access pinned folders keep disappearing. How can I stop this?

Discus and support My quick access pinned folders keep disappearing. How can I stop this? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. As of late, the pinned folders I keep on quick access have been disappearing suddenly. This has happened once before recently and I figured it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AkidIguess, Mar 6, 2021.

1. My quick access pinned folders keep disappearing. How can I stop this?

Hello. As of late, the pinned folders I keep on quick access have been disappearing suddenly. This has happened once before recently and I figured it was a glitch so I just pinned them all back. However just now, I opened file explorer and they were gone again. The folders themselves are still there and completely fine, but they're just completely ridden of in the quick access. Things like my Downloads, Images and Documents are still there and were not taken out of it on either instances.

I have absolutely no idea of what is causing this. I am running a full scan with my antivirus right now in case it's a virus. But otherwise, I don't know what the problem could be. How do I ensure that my pinned folders will stay there? I haven't altered my computer in any way for them to disappear. They were just gone out of the blue. In the years that I've had this computer, I've never come across this problem. Thank you for reading.

submitted by /u/AkidIguess
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AkidIguess, Mar 6, 2021

2. Quick Access - "Location is not available"

I solved the problem without following steps 1, 2, and 3. The solution is stupidly simple and it doesn't make any difference as to whether the problem item in the Quick Access list is pinned or unpinned.

1. Create the folder in the same path where Quick Access reported it to be unlocatable. The folder will be empty.

2. Delete the folder you just created. The Quick Access item that WAS listed in Quick Access disappears!!

Note that #2 does not remove or delete the item from Quick Access. It deletes the empty folder you just created *from the machine* (i.e., it goes to the Recycle bin) and as a consequence of the deletion, it disappears from the Quick Access list.

KarenMullen, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 6, 2021
  4. My quick access pinned folders keep disappearing. How can I stop this?

How can I stop the folders pinned to Quick Access from disappearing?

Hi Peter,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with Quick Access feature.

Which version of Windows is installed on your device?

Refer the article ‘Which version of Windows operating system
    am I running
    ’ to provide the details.

I suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below to fix this issue.

Method 1

Unpin and Pin the Quick access feature

Refer the section Remove and Pin from the article
    Pin, remove, and customize in Quick access for the steps. If
    the issue still persists, refer Method 2.

Method 2

Reset or clear the Quick access Shortcuts

The below steps will clear the custom pinned and frequent items listing in Quick access.

1. Open the command prompt as admin.
    2. Type the command and hit enter.

del %appdata%\microsoft\windows\recent\automaticdestinations\*
    3. Restart the computer and check the status of the issue.

OR

1. Open the run command (Windows + R key). Type in

cmd.exe /c del "%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations\f01b4d95cf55d32a.automaticDestinations-ms"
      and hit Enter.
    2. Restart the computer and check the status of the issue.

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

My quick access pinned folders keep disappearing. How can I stop this?

1. My quick access pinned folders keep disappearing. How can I stop this? - Similar Threads - quick access pinned

2. My Pin to Quick Access Folders does not appear in Home Folder anymore. How can I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pin to Quick Access Folders does not appear in Home Folder anymore. How can I...: My Pin to Quick Access Folders does not appear in Home Folder anymore. How can I troubleshoot this?It used to appear, but now when clicking the right arrow on the left of the home button, there is no dropdown....
  3. My Pin to Quick Access Folders does not appear in Home Folder anymore. How can I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Pin to Quick Access Folders does not appear in Home Folder anymore. How can I...: My Pin to Quick Access Folders does not appear in Home Folder anymore. How can I troubleshoot this?It used to appear, but now when clicking the right arrow on the left of the home button, there is no dropdown....
  4. Quick access folder has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick access folder has disappeared: In Windows 11, suddenly Explorer has lost the quick access folder and all my pinned folders. I tried resetting the folders and doing the actions recommended on https://www.elevenforum.com/t/clear-and-reset-quick-access-folders-in-windows-11.4693/but they didn't restore it....
  5. Quick access folder has disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick access folder has disappeared: In Windows 11, suddenly Explorer has lost the quick access folder and all my pinned folders. I tried resetting the folders and doing the actions recommended on https://www.elevenforum.com/t/clear-and-reset-quick-access-folders-in-windows-11.4693/but they didn't restore it....
  6. Folders pinned to Quick Access and files pinned to Taskbar Icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folders pinned to Quick Access and files pinned to Taskbar Icons disappeared: Windows 10 I reported this issue a few weeks ago. I received advice which I followed and seemed to cure my problems. Now, some 3 weeks later it has happened again. PS It may be a coincidence but Onedrive is also failing to auto start on boot-up. It has been working...
  7. Quick Access Pins Disappear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Quick Access Pins Disappear: The folders that I pin to quick access disappear after a few days/weeks. The default pins stay, but the ones I add do not. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-pins-disappear/5596e1d2-9295-4c4c-a0be-d9080ac59077
  8. Pinned folder in quick access keep changing order

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinned folder in quick access keep changing order: as explained in the title ,i have some folder pinned to the quick access area in the explorer ,and whenever i restart my pc ,or put it to sleep ,then turn it back on ...they always revert back !can someone help me please ? submitted by /u/ayoubgoo [link] [comments]...
  9. Suddenly all of my pinned folders in quick access disappeared! What happened???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Suddenly all of my pinned folders in quick access disappeared! What happened???: I just noticed that all of my pinned quick access folders aren't pinned anymore and it's really freaking me out. The folders themselves are still there but they aren't pinned anymore, and the frequently used folders are just the last two folders I was using before I noticed...
  10. How can I stop the folders pinned to Quick Access from disappearing?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I stop the folders pinned to Quick Access from disappearing?: After I pin folders to the quick access menu they stay there for a while but then for no apparent reason they disappear. What is the problem here and how can I fix it???...