Windows 10: My raid 1 disapeared

Discus and support My raid 1 disapeared in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently built my new gaming pc and i bought two hdd drives and not knowing what to do with them someone told me I should try doing a raid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FMS_6, Nov 4, 2020.

1. FMS_6 Win User

My raid 1 disapeared

Hello,

I recently built my new gaming pc and i bought two hdd drives and not knowing what to do with them someone told me I should try doing a raid 1.

I know it has its flaws and its strengths but I already know them.

So I went to control panel --> system --> Space/disk management don't have the exact name sorry to create my raid 1.

Everything goes smoothly until sometimes when i turn on my computer the raid 1 disapears.

What I mean by disapears is that the raid 1 disapears from my file explorers BUT my 2 hdd drives still appear in my disk manager but they go back to unalocated space once again not sure i'm french sorry meaning it's just like I have plugged them in for the first time.

Has it done that from anyone else here ?

If you could share solutions it would be great!

Cheers

:)

FMS_6, Nov 4, 2020
  2. Steevo Win User

Is it possible to easily setup Raid-1 on this system ?

Get the six core CPU's I listed, at 3.3Ghz per core they will more than handle any calculations you throw at them for years to come, and with matching RAM in tri channel you will have a very strong setup.

My only other suggestion is a full RAID card like the one I listed with SSD's (in RAID 1)for the OS and programs, and then a RAID 5 array for backup and any large files on the board with a offsite final backup

Steevo, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1

Thanks guys. I set up RAID in the BIOS following MSI settings in their manual. Then I loaded windows following the prompts. But I must have missed a step. And hence my questions after my install. So, I did as you suggested Samuria, and set it up in Windows. I would have preferred a MoBo hardware setup. But as long as I have RAID 1 I will be happy. Thanks, B.

LindenBruce, Nov 4, 2020
  4. georgetok Win User

My raid 1 disapeared

Is it possible to easily setup Raid-1 on this system ?

Thank you so much.

Dell system I am buying as a back has Xeon E5645 2.2 GHz & 12 GB ECC RAM

They don't offer Xeon W3680 that you suggested

So would that be good enough ?

Thanks

georgetok, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

My raid 1 disapeared

1. My raid 1 disapeared - Similar Threads - raid disapeared

2. Windows 11 does not recognize my PCIe m.2 raid 0 array even though Intel Storage sees it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not recognize my PCIe m.2 raid 0 array even though Intel Storage sees it?: I have a raid 0 array on my Asus Dark Hero Motherboard which is visible in bios and is visible in the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management app, however, is it not visible in Windows 11 Disk Manager. Any ideas, greatly appreciated...
  3. Windows 11 does not recognize my PCIe m.2 raid 0 array even though Intel Storage sees it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 does not recognize my PCIe m.2 raid 0 array even though Intel Storage sees it?: I have a raid 0 array on my Asus Dark Hero Motherboard which is visible in bios and is visible in the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management app, however, is it not visible in Windows 11 Disk Manager. Any ideas, greatly appreciated...
  4. Parity Raid Error but all Physical drives are OK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parity Raid Error but all Physical drives are OK: I have a RAID configured in Microsoft Storage Spaces, it's a Parity RAID with 3 different hard drives outside of my main drive that the OS sits on. I recently lost access to the RAID, when I go to look at the Storage Pool, I can see the 'Storage Spaces' Section says 'Error...
  5. Parity Raid Error but all Physical drives are OK

Parity Raid Error but all Physical drives are OK: I have a RAID configured in Microsoft Storage Spaces, it's a Parity RAID with 3 different hard drives outside of my main drive that the OS sits on. I recently lost access to the RAID, when I go to look at the Storage Pool, I can see the 'Storage Spaces' Section says 'Error...
  6. Parity Raid Error but all Physical drives are OK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.: I'm trying to Clean-Install Windows 11 onto my laptop. Apparently, there's some obstacle that prevents certain laptops--like this Dell Latitude 7430--from Clean-Installing, something to do with "AHCI" and "RAID" modes in the BIOS. According to this thread on the Dell forum,...
  8. Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.

Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.: I'm trying to Clean-Install Windows 11 onto my laptop. Apparently, there's some obstacle that prevents certain laptops--like this Dell Latitude 7430--from Clean-Installing, something to do with "AHCI" and "RAID" modes in the BIOS. According to this thread on the Dell forum,...
  9. Windows won't recognize my RAID.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't recognize my RAID.: TLDR: RAID isn't recognized with VMD off. Can't boot with VMD on because Windows can't access the boot drive. SFC Scannow didn't help and I can't install Intel RST as my system "Isn't compatible." TIAHardware:CPU: i9-14900KMoBo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master X ver 1.1 Latest...
  10. Windows won't recognize my RAID.

Windows won't recognize my RAID.: TLDR: RAID isn't recognized with VMD off. Can't boot with VMD on because Windows can't access the boot drive. SFC Scannow didn't help and I can't install Intel RST as my system "Isn't compatible." TIAHardware:CPU: i9-14900KMoBo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master X ver 1.1 Latest...