Windows 10: My RAID 5 Drives Are Not Being Recognized

Discus and support My RAID 5 Drives Are Not Being Recognized in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello guys, My Terramaster 5-bay enclosure has stopped working all of a sudden. I'm using Windows 10. So I started removing the drives one by one and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by naif1992, Apr 16, 2020.

1. naif1992 Win User

My RAID 5 Drives Are Not Being Recognized

Hello guys,

My Terramaster 5-bay enclosure has stopped working all of a sudden. I'm using Windows 10.

So I started removing the drives one by one and connecting them via SATA to my pc. Some of the drives show part of them as used, while others show 0 bytes are used. When I open the disk manager in Windows 10, it says I must initialize the drive.

I'm a little worried here. How can I diagnose this? I want to know if the issue is from the drives or the enclosure.
    I think the issue is from the drives because I tried them on in another enclosure but they did not work.

Now, I'm taking them out one by one and running Partition Recovery on them through MiniTool. It takes forever to check each one.

So in the meantime, can anybody suggest anything that would help me diagnose the issue?

:)

naif1992, Apr 16, 2020
  2. jimbo45 Win User

RAID 1 Recognized as 2 Hard Drives

Hi there.

Is the RAID driver recognised - with all these W10 updates who knows what happens.

If it's a Hardware RAID card then check BIOS setting at boot. Also there will probably be some sort of RAID boot menu - for example setting up Logical drives / striping etc etc.

If it's software ensure RAID driver is recognized.

The chances are that Windows doesn't recognize the RAID card so that's where I'd start from. Backup though data on the RAID HDD's first because a suggestion would be to unplug the RAID card and re-insert again after a total POWER OFF. If you can put it into a different slot. You want Windows to recognize the hardware.

Before doing these types of updates I'd always image the system - things like Macrium are ideal for that. Then if the update hoses up your system just restore the previous image.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Zedicus Win User
    Would raid 5 be right?

raid 5 one drive can fail. with any number of disks.
    your onboard raid 5 is equal to all of the crappy cards people are suggesting.
    i would use your onboard or splurge for a hardware RAID controller. that will be around 300$ though.

Zedicus, Apr 16, 2020
  4. phill Win User

RAID 5 for games?

I like the testing software, is that in Linux per chance??

Give it a go and let us know your findings!! *Smile My RAID 5 Drives Are Not Being Recognized :)

phill, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

1. My RAID 5 Drives Are Not Being Recognized - Similar Threads - RAID Drives Are

2. Windows won't recognize my RAID.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't recognize my RAID.: TLDR: RAID isn't recognized with VMD off. Can't boot with VMD on because Windows can't access the boot drive. SFC Scannow didn't help and I can't install Intel RST as my system "Isn't compatible." TIAHardware:CPU: i9-14900KMoBo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master X ver 1.1 Latest...
  3. Windows won't recognize my RAID.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't recognize my RAID.: TLDR: RAID isn't recognized with VMD off. Can't boot with VMD on because Windows can't access the boot drive. SFC Scannow didn't help and I can't install Intel RST as my system "Isn't compatible." TIAHardware:CPU: i9-14900KMoBo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master X ver 1.1 Latest...
  4. RAID 5 Across Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RAID 5 Across Hard Drives: Hello,I am building a NAS and I have 1x 8TB HHD and 3x 3TB HHD. Can I set all 4 drives up in RAID 5 even though one drive is 8TB and not 3TB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/raid-5-across-hard-drives/3639c094-b898-4d9e-9af3-bd322e4aa7cf
  5. RAID 5 Across Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAID 5 Across Hard Drives: Hello,I am building a NAS and I have 1x 8TB HHD and 3x 3TB HHD. Can I set all 4 drives up in RAID 5 even though one drive is 8TB and not 3TB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/raid-5-across-hard-drives/3639c094-b898-4d9e-9af3-bd322e4aa7cf
  6. RAID 5 Across Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. D:\ drive not being recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D:\ drive not being recognized: Suddenly, when I insert a DV-R or a CD-RW in the D:\ drive of my desktop, I get a message... "Windows cannot read the disk in Drive D:\. Any solutions.I can see the Drive when I open device manager. Tried uninstall, and then reinstall, Also tried to update said...
  8. My RAID 5 Drives Are Not Being Recognized

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My RAID 5 Drives Are Not Being Recognized: Hello guys, My Terramaster 5-bay enclosure has stopped working all of a sudden. So I started removing the drives one by one and connecting them via SATA to my pc. Some of the drives show part of them as used, while others show 0 bytes are used. When I open the disk manager...
  9. SSD Drive not being recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD Drive not being recognized: Hello. I recently reinstalled Windows after my laptop completely stopped working correctly (got the Automatic Repair loop and accidentally messed up Windows). Anyways, I got my laptop fixed and reinstalled Windows, but the only drive being recognized is my HDD (as the C:...
  10. RAID 1 Recognized as 2 Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAID 1 Recognized as 2 Hard Drives: My custom build is now about a year old. Whe n I first set it up, I configured hardware RAID 1 and the fresh windows install worked perfect. Now after a few upgrades the drives are not seen as a RAID anymore but 1 separate drives. Funny thing is when I mounted on a...