Windows 10: My RAM usage is high despite being idle

Discus and support My RAM usage is high despite being idle in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I noticed that my laptop sometimes runs at 80-90% RAM when idle. Sometimes when I'm actively using it, it dips to 75%. Yesterday it dipped to 45% when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChynaTomas, Oct 9, 2021.

1. My RAM usage is high despite being idle

I noticed that my laptop sometimes runs at 80-90% RAM when idle. Sometimes when I'm actively using it, it dips to 75%. Yesterday it dipped to 45% when idle. I'm not sure why it fluctuates so much. I tried to disable the animations with opening closing windows and task bars etc, even turned off all additional background software I downloaded, but nothing changed. It was very much still fluctuating at random. I included screenshots of Process Explorer to get a gist of what's happening and hopefully someone can help tell me if I should be concerned or not. It hasn't really affected performance bu

:)

ChynaTomas, Oct 9, 2021

2. RAM usage too high in idle ?

My RAM usage is high despite being idle [​IMG]

This is what happened.

JordanMihailov, Oct 9, 2021
  3. RAM usage too high in idle ?

That is the rest of the screen.

JordanMihailov, Oct 9, 2021
  4. BossDweeb Win User

My RAM usage is high despite being idle

High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%

"ram usage at idle is 60%"

- Not a fix for your unknown RAM use (Greg's suggestions should help with that), and this only adds up to a bit under 1GB use but...

A system is not at idle with around eight Chrome browser Windows and tabs open.

Discord, and two active searches. Not to mention a system hogging 'Anti-malware' program.

Desktop Window Manager is using more than usual as well.

- It looks like you have a bit of DELL bloatware running too.

- What is the RAM use straight after re-booting Windows ?

BossDweeb, Oct 9, 2021
Thema:

My RAM usage is high despite being idle

1. My RAM usage is high despite being idle - Similar Threads - RAM usage high

2. High Idle RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Idle RAM Usage: windows is using high amounts of ram while not running any other programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-idle-ram-usage/31b4a1e2-4389-4f06-80ae-91411ee92efa
  3. High Idle RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Idle RAM Usage: windows is using high amounts of ram while not running any other programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-idle-ram-usage/31b4a1e2-4389-4f06-80ae-91411ee92efa
  4. High ram usage when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High ram usage when idle: I have a 8 gb ram laptop. When i close all the programs via task manager, the memory usage is still about 3-4 gb. How do i reduce this? I have tried everything as told in the following youtube video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osKnDbHibig Also, the memory in processes...
  5. My RAM usage is high despite being idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My RAM usage is high despite being idle: I noticed that my laptop sometimes runs at 80-90% RAM when idle. Sometimes when I'm actively using it, it dips to 75%. Yesterday it dipped to 45% when idle. I'm not sure why it fluctuates so much. I tried to disable the animations with opening closing windows and task bars...
  6. High Ram usage while idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Ram usage while idle: Hi,I bought Asus Vivobook ultra k14 a couple months ago..it has 8 GB ram,its working fine but i need to know that is 50% of ram usage when the system is idlethat is 4 GB is normal? Screenshot:and while gaming games like valorant the ram usage is around 90%! Can somebody help...
  7. Very high RAM usage being idle and by windows processes

Very high RAM usage being idle and by windows processes: [ATTACH]I am having very high RAM usage a little bit after turning on my PC. This is a problem for games that take up a lot of my RAM space. Can anyone tell me what to do to lessen the idle RAM usage?...
  8. High ram usage when idle

High ram usage when idle: Hello , I have been facing this problem for a while now .My ram usage is up to 4 gb even when no apps are running I have run scans on windows defender and Malware Bytes but nothing shows up , PC specs and winver GPU : Nvidia Geforce 940mx Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-7200U...
  9. RAM usage too high in idle ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RAM usage too high in idle ?: Hi all, have this problem for a while now. I have 16GB of ram and usage is extremely high while PC is in idle. 99% ram usage and 70-80% quite often.When i start the computer it's fine and then it starts slowly to increase to as i said 70-80 and finally 99%. Computer doesn't...
  10. High RAM usage while idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High RAM usage while idle: Hello, Basically I noticed that my PC has a lot of RAM used but no program is using the RAM - see attached screenshots. Obviously it doesnt really affect me until I launch a game: eg GTA 5 which before ran happily at 60 and is now stuck on less than 1 FPS when I get into the...