Windows 10: My realtek 802.11n wireless adapter is extremely slow, and randomly turns on and off

Discus and support My realtek 802.11n wireless adapter is extremely slow, and randomly turns on and off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a realtek 802.11n wireless adapter that plugs in through USB. It is overwhelmingly slow, especially compared to other devices in the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AzizahBlackwood, Aug 12, 2019.

1. My realtek 802.11n wireless adapter is extremely slow, and randomly turns on and off

I have a realtek 802.11n wireless adapter that plugs in through USB. It is overwhelmingly slow, especially compared to other devices in the same location, and it occasionally disconnects itself from my wifi which becomes very troublesome for me. I have tried to restart the pc, reinstall drivers, reload the wifi itself and many other options but to no avail.

:)

AzizahBlackwood, Aug 12, 2019
  2. Steve Win User

Realtek wireless adapter randomly disables

I have a laptop with a Clevo P150EM motherboard and Realtek RTL8723AE wireless adapter running Windows 10 Professional.

I am occasionally able to connect to a wireless network and connect to the internet but the adapter seems to randomly disconnect and disable then enable itself after roughly 20 minutes. When this happens I am unable to reconnect to the network without rebooting the machine.

Sometimes when I try to connect to a network, the connection will be attempted then the adapter disables and enables, stopping the connection from happening.

I have updated all drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled latest drivers, tried everything suggested by Microsoft including turning off the turn off adapter to save power option.

There are several other devices connected to the router that work fine, including Windows 10 devices.

I have exhausted the options presented in the Microsoft forums, most of which just point to solutions in the link above.

Does anyone know how I can get the wireless adapter to maintain a stable connection.

Steve, Aug 12, 2019
  3. DWA-123 11n Adapter not supported in windows 10

i have a wireless adapter. name-DWA-123 11n Adapter. it's not supported in windows 10. what should i do?

FaysalFaruque, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Time Lady Win User

My realtek 802.11n wireless adapter is extremely slow, and randomly turns on and off

Acer Switch 10 Broadcom 802.11abgn wireless SDIO cannot start after upgrading to Windows 10 Creator's edition.

Have you tried the latest driver?

I can find this:

http://www.driver-wireless.com/broadcom-802-11n...

Is the adapter hidden? Device manager>View>Hidden devices.

If so unhide & try to update the driver.

I hope this helps.

Time Lady, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

My realtek 802.11n wireless adapter is extremely slow, and randomly turns on and off

1. My realtek 802.11n wireless adapter is extremely slow, and randomly turns on and off - Similar Threads - realtek 802 11n

2. Wifi adapter turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi adapter turned off: since about two months after an update for my windows 10 system; the wifi adapter now go off when the internet cable is connected and it does not go on again unless i disconnected the internet cable. I dont know what to do to activate the mobile hotspot from my device. I...
  3. how to add realtek wireless internet adapter?????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to add realtek wireless internet adapter?????: so I was trying to reinstall the internet network adapter because it wasa failing to function and when I look up the properties it tells that it is functioning properly and since the procees is called re-install I thought I was supposed to uninstall the existing icon...
  4. Wireless Capability Turns Off Randomely

Wireless Capability Turns Off Randomely: Product: HP ENVY DV7-7333cl Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit) My Notebook Wifi Randomely starts the driver at times and Doesn't start at all in different occasions. sometimes it works properly without any problems but after restart, shutdown or Hibernation It...
  5. Wireless internet extremely slow speeds

Wireless internet extremely slow speeds: Been trying to diagnose extremely slow wireless internet speeds. Windows 10 version 1809, build 17763.316. Wireless adapter is a Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Adapter. Using linetest.nz shows an average download speed of approx. 1-1.5mbps, sometimes as high as 5, or as low...
  6. Intel Wireless Adapter Randomly Turns Off, Disappears

Intel Wireless Adapter Randomly Turns Off, Disappears: For about a week now, I have had issues with my Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 adapter randomly turning off. Sometimes it will turn back on within a minute or two, other times not. When this happens, it disappears from the system when you go thru the Control Panel...
  7. Broadcom 802. 11abgn wireless sdio adapter

Broadcom 802. 11abgn wireless sdio adapter: hi, My asus t200 transformer book has the Broadcom 802. 11abgn wireless sdio adapter. Recently, my PC started having serious issues with connecting to public wifi. Everytime I try, my PC says my wireless adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related issues, and...
  8. Turn off WiFi adapter

Turn off WiFi adapter: Is WiFi antenna turned off if I disable WiFi adapter in "Adapter settings"? Why Airplane mode only disconnect WiFi from network, not disable them? 90594
  9. Wi-fi adapter keeps turning off randomly on my laptop

Wi-fi adapter keeps turning off randomly on my laptop: So yesterday my wi-fi started to turn off randomly for no reason, its not my internet connection becouse it works on other devices. Also i already tried ticking off power saving option on my network adapter, it helped for a while i thought, but after i restarted my laptop...
  10. Extremely Slow and Random Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely Slow and Random Startup: Hello, I have just run into an issue where I restarted my PC and for some reason, it would take forever to even load to the desktop where normally its 30 seconds. First I went ahead and did a few more restarts(had to force restart since start menu did not work). Each time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek wifi usb slow