Windows 10: My Realtek HD Audio Driver is Missing and I can't reinstall it.

Discus and support My Realtek HD Audio Driver is Missing and I can't reinstall it. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, a few days ago, my anti-malware software deleted some stuff. I don't know how or why, but it deleted my Realtek Audio Driver too. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DesukaP, Oct 28, 2019.

1. DesukaP Win User

My Realtek HD Audio Driver is Missing and I can't reinstall it.

So, a few days ago, my anti-malware software deleted some stuff. I don't know how or why, but it deleted my Realtek Audio Driver too. I've tried reinstalling it, but it doesn't show up in Device Manager, I've tried to install in manually in Device Manager, but it always crashes my computer, sometimes to the point where I have to reset my computer from scratch in order to get it to work... and even THEN Realtek Audio still isn't there. What should I do? I'm so lost... Please help!

:)

DesukaP, Oct 28, 2019
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Oct 28, 2019
  4. NovHak Win User

Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [archive]

For those who want 1) only Realtek HD audio drivers in their result list and 2) no missing previous (and possibly future) drivers, such as 7982, may I suggest to use this link instead ?

MS may change the category name, Realtek may even change their company name, who knows, but they won't change their vendor code. It's the only thing that's defined by technical specification.

NovHak, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

1. My Realtek HD Audio Driver is Missing and I can't reinstall it. - Similar Threads - Realtek Audio Driver

2. Missing "Realtek HD Audio Driver" Can't find it in hidden. No automatic reinstall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing "Realtek HD Audio Driver" Can't find it in hidden. No automatic reinstall.: So recently my audio driver Realtek HD audio driver have broken as in, my left and right sounds work perfectly fine but the front is muted. I followed many tutorials telling me to uninstall the driver and windows will reinstall automatically. However it doesn't reinstall it,...
  3. Missing "Realtek HD Audio Driver" Can't find it in hidden. No automatic reinstall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing "Realtek HD Audio Driver" Can't find it in hidden. No automatic reinstall.: So recently my audio driver Realtek HD audio driver have broken as in, my left and right sounds work perfectly fine but the front is muted. I followed many tutorials telling me to uninstall the driver and windows will reinstall automatically. However it doesn't reinstall it,...
  4. Missing Realtek HD Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Realtek HD Audio Driver: Hello, i just got my new laptop and its a Lenovo Legion 5 pro. i finished updating all the drivers. However, I do not have Realtek HD audio driver installed. The only Realtek driver i have is the R version. it sounds horrible. I am not sure if this is intended but i highly...
  5. Reinstalled Realtek drivers, Audio Manager missing

Reinstalled Realtek drivers, Audio Manager missing: Version10.0.19042 Build 19042 So I have this odd issue i uninstalled my Realtek drivers, i wanted to be able to listen through my headphones and speakers at the same time, And when i plugged in my headphones for the first time it was working until the Audio Manager popped up...
  6. Realtek HD Audio Manager missing

Realtek HD Audio Manager missing: I have realtek audio driver installed for my new pc but the manager is missing. The audio output works fine but there is no input. Can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-hd-audio-manager-missing/e67879c8-fd4b-4ac3-aede-780f78f2ec3e
  7. No realtek HD audio Driver

No realtek HD audio Driver: Hi, my new predator laptop running windows 10 pro doesnt have realtek hd audio, just Realtek audio. i cannot find realtek in my control panel. Even thou my headphones work in this laptop, they are not detected as headphones, just speakers....
  8. Realtek HD Driver missing

Realtek HD Driver missing: Hi. I own a Lenovo Yoga 80-VF laptop that uses Windows 10 Home build 18362. I had the keyboard replaced due to liquid damage, and now I'm having a serious issue with my audio. Not only can I not play audio through the speakers, I can't even play audio with headphones...
  9. Realtek HD Audio Menager missing

Realtek HD Audio Menager missing: First time I bought my headphones, they had Realtek driver. A few days later, they had "High Definition Audio" driver (from Microsoft). For some reason, the sound in my headphones was much lower (even at max volume). I updated the "High Definition Audio" driver, and now it is...
  10. Can't reinstall Realtek HD Audio Driver - Code 28/Directory invalid

Can't reinstall Realtek HD Audio Driver - Code 28/Directory invalid: I just reset my PC keeping my personal files untouched(Windows reset option - nothing out of the ordinary). After reinstalling windows, I could get all the other drivers installed except for the Realtek Audio driver. Every time I run the setup(downloaded binary from Acer's...