Windows 10: My recent file list in excel keep getting cleared.

Discus and support My recent file list in excel keep getting cleared. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The recent file list in excel keeps getting cleaqred by something.the files are still on my hard drive but they don't show up in the recent files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by drbrake2, Oct 24, 2021.

1. drbrake2 Win User

My recent file list in excel keep getting cleared.

The recent file list in excel keeps getting cleaqred by something.the files are still on my hard drive but they don't show up in the recent files list.some times when I open the opne files view the recent files will be there for a few secound and then dissappear.I have talked with MS and Dell support but they can;t figure out what is happening.Even files that I pin get removed.the only files that stay in the list are two that I have on my one drive. all the files on my local HD get cleared.Help

:)

drbrake2, Oct 24, 2021
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Oct 24, 2021
  3. eidairaman1, Oct 24, 2021
  4. zzeiss Win User

Clear the recent list in File explorer

Original Title[File Explorer]

When I right click at Windows 10 File Explorer icon on taskbar it shows me pinned and recent items. How to clear the recent list? I tried turning off setting "Show recently opened items in Jump list on Start or the taskbar", and clearing history in file
    explorer under folder options. Nothing worked, list is still there.

zzeiss, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

1. My recent file list in excel keep getting cleared. - Similar Threads - recent file list

2. How to clear the Paint recent file list in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clear the Paint recent file list in Windows 11?: When I google for that exact question there are loads of web pages giving an answer, and it's to use regedit and search forHKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Paint\Recent File ListThe thing is, when I open that path, there is no "Paint" under...
  3. How to clear the Paint recent file list in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clear the Paint recent file list in Windows 11?: When I google for that exact question there are loads of web pages giving an answer, and it's to use regedit and search forHKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Paint\Recent File ListThe thing is, when I open that path, there is no "Paint" under...
  4. My recent file list in excel keep getting cleared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My recent file list in excel keep getting cleared.: The recent file list in excel keeps getting cleaqred by something.the files are still on my hard drive but they don't show up in the recent files list.some times when I open the opne files view the recent files will be there for a few secound and then dissappear.I have talked...
  5. My recent file list in excel keep getting cleared.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My recent file list in excel keep getting cleared.: The recent file list in excel keeps getting cleaqred by something.the files are still on my hard drive but they don't show up in the recent files list.some times when I open the opne files view the recent files will be there for a few secound and then dissappear.I have talked...
  6. Edge keeps clearing "Do not clear" cookie list on exit

in Browsers and Email
    Edge keeps clearing "Do not clear" cookie list on exit: I have edge chrome Versie 87.0.664.60 (Officile build) (64-bits) but every time I close the browser edge clear my "do not clear list". Is there a solution? 170480
  7. optiextension.dll in my recent files list

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    optiextension.dll in my recent files list: In my "recent activity" i found a file with the NAME optiextension.dll and the LOCATION of the file is at futureplc.slgnt.eu A screen shot is attached. Can anyone pl confirm what is this file. [ATTACH]...
  8. How to clear recent files list in search box result?

in Cortana
    How to clear recent files list in search box result?: Hello, when I use the "Type here to search" in my task bar to find an app, it always shows a list of recent opened files. I want to learn how can I disable this feature or clear the list, cause there are some files I have deleted but they still appear in the list and I can...
  9. How to clear Recent Docs list in Wordpad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clear Recent Docs list in Wordpad?: How do you close a single file and/or clear a file from the Recent Docs list in Wordpad? This applies to using Wordpad from any device. ***Modified title from: Closing files in Wordpad ***...
  10. How do I clear Recent Files hyperlink list in Word 2016?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How do I clear Recent Files hyperlink list in Word 2016?: If you do Ctrl+K in Microsoft Word 2016 you get an Insert Hyperlink dialog box. There are 3 tabs to get sources for hyperlinks. These are Current Folder, Browsed Pages, and Recent Files. Current Folder shows the files in the current folder. Browsed Pages shows the...