Windows 10: My Recent Folder is Empty.. How Do I Fix this?

Discus and support My Recent Folder is Empty.. How Do I Fix this? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My recent folder shows no recent history of files and folders. Its empty. How do I fix this?? 123662 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Dec 17, 2018.

1. yahanna Win User

My Recent Folder is Empty.. How Do I Fix this?

My recent folder shows no recent history of files and folders. Its empty. How do I fix this??

:)

yahanna, Dec 17, 2018

2. Pinned & Recent Folder Missing From Explorer in Start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quick access and recently oped files option are missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View and then Options.
    • Choose Folder and search options.
    • Under General Tab and under Privacy, make sure to place a check mark on Show recently used files and recently used folder in Quick access.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 17, 2018
  3. "Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

My Recent Folder is Empty.. How Do I Fix this? :) Hello all... I am not understanding how MS elected removed the list of recent files and replaced it with opening a folder to see the recent files. That is now a 2 step process because you have to close the folder. I used the "recent items" a lot and I miss it - I'm sure others do ass well.
    The solutions offered here only are partial, they only add the link to the start menu / jump lists, but those still open an actual folder which then has to be closed. If you open multiple files, then you have to close multiple folders. Odd...
    I'm not a programmer - but I'm thinking (hoping!) that someone around here may be knowledgeable enough to find a way to return the actual "Recent Items" list, without opening a folder.
    I'm thinking I may not be alone on this one...
    Thank you!!

sunnyorlando, Dec 17, 2018
  4. mharran Win User

Windows 10 replaced Recent Folders with Quick Access. how to change 10 to 20?

For anyone still struggling with this, here is a step by step guide to

• Adding Recent Folders back to Quick Access (easy)
    • Getting Recent Folders to appear in Save As dialogs (tricky, needs registry modifactions, not to attempted unless you are comfortable modifying the Registry)
    Restoring Recent Folders (Dragonblogger.com)

mharran, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

1. My Recent Folder is Empty.. How Do I Fix this? - Similar Threads - Recent Folder Empty

2. How do I fix my ruined Downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my ruined Downloads folder?: A long time ago I changed my registry to change some default folders Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Videos to be located on my D drive. I know this was a bad decision. I was new and I thought I was being smart. Anyways, fast forward to now when I want to reset everything back...
  3. How do I fix my ruined Downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my ruined Downloads folder?: A long time ago I changed my registry to change some default folders Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Videos to be located on my D drive. I know this was a bad decision. I was new and I thought I was being smart. Anyways, fast forward to now when I want to reset everything back...
  4. How do I fix my ruined Downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do I get Recent folders!!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get Recent folders!!!!: I've been searching through the forums and despite MANY posts regarding this throughout the years, I found no solution.How do I get a Recent folders option from INSIDE application's menus like save or when uploading files through a browser etc?I'm a UX and UI professional...
  6. How do I get Recent folders!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get Recent folders!!!!: I've been searching through the forums and despite MANY posts regarding this throughout the years, I found no solution.How do I get a Recent folders option from INSIDE application's menus like save or when uploading files through a browser etc?I'm a UX and UI professional...
  7. How do I get Recent folders!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I empty folders' contents into 1 folder on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I empty folders' contents into 1 folder on windows 10?: I thought there used to be an "Empty" option on folders but I guess not. Say I have 100 folders and each folder has 1 file in it. I want all of the files to be in 1 folder instead. Is there a fast way I can do this without cutting and pasting every single file manually?...
  9. How to tell a folder is empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to tell a folder is empty: My company has a project folder structure containing over 100 empty folders and subfolders. When we are finished with the project, we need to archive the files. Is there an easy way to tell if a folder has been used? Could Microsoft write coding that would change the color of...
  10. Recent items folder Empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items folder Empty: Hi - when I first open File Explorer all the recent items are there. I've added the Recent Items Folder to the Quick Access menu using instructions I found here by opening the shell:recent window. but it always says that the recent items folder is empty.The thread across the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 recent items folder is empty

2. why is my recent folder empty