Windows 10: My recent problems with Windows 10.

Discus and support My recent problems with Windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a HP Notebook with windows 10 installed. Until a few days ago 14.05.2020 everything was working just fine, without any issues. I can't recall if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by microsoftuser01, May 17, 2020.

1. My recent problems with Windows 10.

I have a HP Notebook with windows 10 installed. Until a few days ago 14.05.2020 everything was working just fine, without any issues. I can't recall if there were any new updates to windows. However, on the 14th, I had a blue screen error I don't recall the error per se and my laptop restarted. This happened a few times on the 15th as well. The system was slow to start up thereafter. The second or third time, the blue screen error read "critical process died". And the restart/boot-up was slow. I initiated a system restore. However, the software crashed in the middle of the restore and I ended up losing all of my data Its a ton of research and write-ups and I am really hurt. No, I did not have back-up. I learned that lesson the hard way.

After taking the laptop to a professional, to have the OS Reinstalled on 16.05.2020, the system worked without any glitches for only a few hours. However, on the 17.05.2020, the blue screen errors are back. This time, the blue screen error message was "Unexpected store exception error" and it crashed. The OS initiated auto-repair. However, the output message was "Automatic repair couldn't repair your PC". After a few attempts the system restarted and there was a windows update. Everything seemed fine after that for a little while. An hour or so later, while I was using MS Word, the app abruptly closed, I couldn't even see a wallpaper and I had a pop up dialogue box that read "Exception Processing Message 0xc0000006 - Unexpected parameters". The system hung and the screen went blank. I had to force shut down and restart the system and the boot-up is really slow all over again.

I have no new data or applications but the OS and a few apps from the MS Store since the first system restore. I have attempted to restart the system a few times but the boot-up is really slow and its really hit and miss. Sometimes, it simply doesnt boot-up for over 5 minutes.

I had McAfee the first time and since I took the system to a pro, I have QuickHeal to provide anti-virus and internet protection. The processor is core i3 8th gen, with 8GB RAM and a 1TB HDD. I dont do any gaming. I don't download much from the internet but .pdf files from verified sources. I have downloaded from the same sources for a long time now. The only in-computer applications I use are word, chrome, spotify and amazon music, occasionally downloaded from the MS store. My laptop's always on a table. It has been for the last month and half, at least. So I guess its safe to rule out any physical distress to the hardware which is causing the system to malfunction.

Do you guys have a diagnosis?

:)

microsoftuser01, May 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 17, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 17, 2020
  4. slozomby Win User

My recent problems with Windows 10.

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, May 17, 2020
Thema:

My recent problems with Windows 10.

1. My recent problems with Windows 10. - Similar Threads - recent problems

2. Keyboard/mouse lag, problem appeared very recently like 2 days ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard/mouse lag, problem appeared very recently like 2 days ago: Hi there ! i'm aware that there is MILLION possibilities which can cause that issue, but i'm trying to fix it anyway, because it is very annoying and i can't work properlyHere's the problem : either is my keyboard or my mouse clicks and hovers, there is lags happening...
  3. Keyboard/mouse lag, problem appeared very recently like 2 days ago

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard/mouse lag, problem appeared very recently like 2 days ago: Hi there ! i'm aware that there is MILLION possibilities which can cause that issue, but i'm trying to fix it anyway, because it is very annoying and i can't work properlyHere's the problem : either is my keyboard or my mouse clicks and hovers, there is lags happening...
  4. Keyboard/mouse lag, problem appeared very recently like 2 days ago

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Hello , so recently i have this problem where the power supply is not working .

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hello , so recently i have this problem where the power supply is not working .: I have seen ways to fix it , but i don't think i can trust them . I need the safest way to fix the power supply or/and if it doesnt fix , i need the safest way to shut down my computer . I can't risk losing information....
  6. Hello , so recently i have this problem where the power supply is not working .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello , so recently i have this problem where the power supply is not working .: I have seen ways to fix it , but i don't think i can trust them . I need the safest way to fix the power supply or/and if it doesnt fix , i need the safest way to shut down my computer . I can't risk losing information....
  7. Hello , so recently i have this problem where the power supply is not working .

8. Hello please help, i ran into a problem recently with my Huawei matebook d15 BOHK-WAX9X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello please help, i ran into a problem recently with my Huawei matebook d15 BOHK-WAX9X: The problem is the network adapter keeps not working, so i discovered that the driver itself is the problem because it doesn't work very well with windows 11, So i tried to download a new one but ended up deleting the driver itself so i downgraded to windows 10 so i can find...
  9. Hello please help, i ran into a problem recently with my Huawei matebook d15 BOHK-WAX9X

Hello please help, i ran into a problem recently with my Huawei matebook d15 BOHK-WAX9X: The problem is the network adapter keeps not working, so i discovered that the driver itself is the problem because it doesn't work very well with windows 11, So i tried to download a new one but ended up deleting the driver itself so i downgraded to windows 10 so i can find...
  10. Hello, my games have been crashing recently on my pc and I don't know what the problem is.

Hello, my games have been crashing recently on my pc and I don't know what the problem is.: I haven't been getting any bluescreens but whenever I launch a game it either crashes 30 seconds after being in the game or 20mins after ive been in the game. I've already tried doing a sfc scan, updating my drivers, checking my ssd and hdd, ran a memory check. If you could...