Windows 10: My Record tab crashes when i click my microphone

Discus and support My Record tab crashes when i click my microphone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just swapped my old Kraken Razer USB for a new HyperX Cloud Stinger, and the new mic is way too low. So i went to see it on the record tab, but when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by laiozatt, Aug 28, 2019.

1. laiozatt Win User

My Record tab crashes when i click my microphone

I just swapped my old Kraken Razer USB for a new HyperX Cloud Stinger, and the new mic is way too low. So i went to see it on the record tab, but when i click that mic (doesnt happen when i click other ones), it crashes. This was happening with the razer one too, but i didnt pay it any mind cause i didnt need to mess on those configurations. Im pretty sure the hyperX doesnt have a driver, and im not sure which driver to download for windows 10 64, for the microphone to be louder. Anyway this thing is bothering me. I tried uninstalling the driver and letting windows 10 install it again but to no good end. Can someone help me? Thanks!

:)

laiozatt, Aug 28, 2019
  2. Julie Ram Win User

Headphones' Microphone Volume Under the "Levels" Tab Disappeared

Hello Ferryn,

Seems that you're done with some troubleshooting steps. For additional assistance, try following the steps provided:

• Go to Sound properties > Recording tab.
    • Right Click Microphone Device.
    • Click on Listen tab.
    • Check Listen to this device.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Vicky Acs Win User
    Headphones' Microphone Volume Under the "Levels" Tab Disappeared

We suggest that you check the following steps on how to raise the mic volume:

• Check the Speaker icon on the system tray. Right click on it and choose "Recording Devices" menu.
    • This will show Sound window. Go to Recording tab of Sound window, you will notice the microphone which is active that has a green check mark. Right click on the active microphone and select "Properties".
    • You will now see Microphone Properties window. Go to the
      Levels
      tab and you will now see Microphone and
      Microphone Boos
      t. You can use the sliders to modify your volume settings. Click
      OK button to save changes.

Let us know how it works so we can further assist you.

Vicky Acs, Aug 28, 2019
  4. My Record tab crashes when i click my microphone

Microphone Problems (Please Help)

Hi Larry,

We'd like to verify a few things in order for us to assist you effectively. Kindly confirm the following:

Were there any recent changes made to your computer prior to the issue? (Windows update, software or hardware installation, etc.)

• Do you get an error when you're trying to use your microphone?
    • What is the make and model of your microphone?
    • How did you install your microphone to your Windows 10 PC? Kindly verify if the steps below are the same as the steps you have performed:

To install a new microphone, follow these steps:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the volume icon on the taskbar and select
      Recording Devices

• In the Recording tab, select the microphone or recording device you'd like to set up. Select
      Configure.

• Select Set up microphone, and follow the steps of the
      Microphone Setup Wizard

To test a microphone that has already been installed:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the volume icon on the taskbar and select
      Recording Devices

• In the Recording tab, look for green bars rising as you speak into your recording device. If the bars are moving, your device is connected and working properly.

Let us know.

Joanna 777, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

My Record tab crashes when i click my microphone

1. My Record tab crashes when i click my microphone - Similar Threads - Record tab crashes

2. I cant record my microphone audio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant record my microphone audio?: When I clip a video of my gameplay I can hear my teammates but not myself using Win + Alt + G.My friends can clip theirs with their mic audios and mine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-record-my-microphone-audio/7bf9a297-e82d-472e-9117-ca198886546a
  3. I cant record my microphone audio?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant record my microphone audio?: When I clip a video of my gameplay I can hear my teammates but not myself using Win + Alt + G.My friends can clip theirs with their mic audios and mine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-record-my-microphone-audio/7bf9a297-e82d-472e-9117-ca198886546a
  4. A microphone not recording my voice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A microphone not recording my voice: I have it enabled in privacy settings, i tried deleting it but nothing worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-microphone-not-recording-my-voice/e8535f6f-9028-45eb-908c-6518df3f8aa3
  5. A microphone not recording my voice

A microphone not recording my voice: I have it enabled in privacy settings, i tried deleting it but nothing worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-microphone-not-recording-my-voice/e8535f6f-9028-45eb-908c-6518df3f8aa3
  6. A microphone not recording my voice

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. When I use Sound Recorder to Check my Microphone Nothing's there.

When I use Sound Recorder to Check my Microphone Nothing's there.: When I attempt to talk to my Friends on Fortnite or Discord or even to use Sound Recorder it won't work, this started to happen around the time I accidentally snatched the cord from the Computer's Headphone Jack.Upon Using Sound Recorder and trying to record myself it...
  8. Recording tab freezes, microphone causing crashes of programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recording tab freezes, microphone causing crashes of programs: Hello, I have a problem with the microphone. When I am in the game overwatch and try to use the mic the game crashes and I need to ctrl+alt+del an kill it. After this crash the sound device stops working completely and I need to restart the PC. But the restart doesn't want...
  9. External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

External microphone not showing in the Recording tab: My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones do not work....
  10. Recording tab of sound menu crashes ONLY when i click on 'Razer Seiren X'

Recording tab of sound menu crashes ONLY when i click on 'Razer Seiren X': Hi, i've been using the Razer Seiren X for about a month or two and it's really good but suddenly my defualt communication device changed to another device so i can't use it in online games (well the ones that don't let you choose your input), but suddenly it wont let me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound setting recording tab crashes