Windows 10: My Refurbished Laptop has ZERO apps installed, nothing but Edge, and required system programs.

Discus and support My Refurbished Laptop has ZERO apps installed, nothing but Edge, and required system programs. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I recently just bought a refurbished laptop and when I downloaded and installed chrome it said "This app can't open, there is a problem with this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by User090, Jul 7, 2020.

1. User090 Win User

My Refurbished Laptop has ZERO apps installed, nothing but Edge, and required system programs.

So I recently just bought a refurbished laptop and when I downloaded and installed chrome it said "This app can't open, there is a problem with this app" I soon figure out that I had Windows 10 S, so I go to the store to unlock my laptop but when I click on the 'Go to Store" button my computer says "There is no app to open ms windows store" so I go to apps to reset it but this is all I see My Refurbished Laptop has ZERO apps installed, nothing but Edge, and required system programs. 2da045d2-8033-493a-9192-43d0830fcb6b?upload=true.png My Refurbished Laptop has ZERO apps installed, nothing but Edge, and required system programs. 5c4d9d66-2f8d-45c2-b1e8-75cc92b9247d?upload=true.png

Now I a shocked here because I can't download external apps, or upgrade from Windows S, so I go online and find some things people suggested. None of them work, until I landed on people using PowerShell to fix this. I open PowerShell on my laptop as an admin and this is what I get My Refurbished Laptop has ZERO apps installed, nothing but Edge, and required system programs. 21ff79f5-94f6-4429-b063-bfe275a78f33?upload=true.png

This same error appears editing the registry, opening 99% of applications, and so on. I purchased this on Amazon. So what do I do, I can't edit the registry, run commands to restore the store or download external applications. I am the Admin of this computer and making other accounts didn't solve this either

:)

User090, Jul 7, 2020

2. Microsoft Edge and Mail programs

John

I ran the steps to reinstall Windows 10 default apps after Defender showed no problems. I have my mail program back but instead of Edge I have Internet Explorer. Edge has got to be on this machine somewhere because when I clicked on a hyperlink in an e-mail
    (that I trust) it opened in Edge. But I can't find edge in the programs.

If I click on start and type Microsoft Edge a list comes up with the Edge icon at the top and further down Edge is listed. I have tried right clicking and pinning to start but nothing happens. I have tried double left clicking to try to open but nothing
    happens.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Joan Poythress

JoanPoythress, Jul 7, 2020
  3. kmax68 Win User
    Refurbished Laptop with Windows 10 - Zwift won't launch

Hi,

I have a laptop which has been refurbished with Windows 10 as operating system. I'm unable to launch "zwift" software even though laptop meets specification requirements for using zwift. I have updated drivers, checked for windows updates and cleared all
    cookies/ temp internet files. One test suggest there is a compatibility issue - any suggestions please.

kmax68, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

My Refurbished Laptop has ZERO apps installed, nothing but Edge, and required system programs.

Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

1. My Refurbished Laptop has ZERO apps installed, nothing but Edge, and required system programs. - Similar Threads - Refurbished Laptop has

2. Microsoft MAR - Refurbished Program

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft MAR - Refurbished Program: Temos algumas máquinas antigas com o Windows 7, e queremos atualizar para o Windows 10 através do programa MAR da Microsoft, que concede uma licença Refurbished link abaixo.Vocês podem indicar fornecedores no Brasil para aquisição dessas licenças...
  3. Microsoft MAR - Refurbished Program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft MAR - Refurbished Program: Temos algumas máquinas antigas com o Windows 7, e queremos atualizar para o Windows 10 através do programa MAR da Microsoft, que concede uma licença Refurbished link abaixo.Vocês podem indicar fornecedores no Brasil para aquisição dessas licenças...
  4. Microsoft MAR - Refurbished Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Received a Refurbished Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Received a Refurbished Laptop: Hi I Ordered an asus laptop a15 2021 model On Amazon And When I received It It Looked Brand New And Had No Problems But When I Checked Its Warenty It Was less than 1 year Also When I Checked In System info The Original Install Date Didn't Show The Date In Which I Got The...
  6. Received a Refurbished Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Received a Refurbished Laptop: Hi I Ordered an asus laptop a15 2021 model On Amazon And When I received It It Looked Brand New And Had No Problems But When I Checked Its Warenty It Was less than 1 year Also When I Checked In System info The Original Install Date Didn't Show The Date In Which I Got The...
  7. Refurbished Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Refurbished Laptop: Hello. I recently bought a refurbished laptop (chose to have windows 10 Pro installed over original windows 7). First startup, put windows key in etc and was automatically logged in as "User". I created an Admin account (local), removed "User' and restarted. I was then auto...
  8. Wrong Product Key Installed on refurbished Laptop

Wrong Product Key Installed on refurbished Laptop: Around 2 years ago I bought a laptop from a reputable online retailer that sells refurbished electronics for a discounted price that is a Thinkpad with windows 10 installed, and the key/licence was already pre-input when I received it, like most windows items bought online. I...
  9. Refurbish program

Refurbish program: I am looking into starting a company that builds and refurbishes computers. How do I sell computers with windows on it legally. Some of my potential clients would be schools, so even windows for education keys would be necessary...
  10. Refurbished Laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Refurbished Laptop?: I'm considering getting a laptop for the first time. I have a desktop PC but I want something a bit more than a tablet and with a Windows 10 OS. These stream laptops I've seen only have 32gb hard drive storage and I'm looking for something with more capacity. How wise is it...