Windows 10: My registry got corrupted and now I can't boot at all..

Discus and support My registry got corrupted and now I can't boot at all.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so guys my registry got corrupted because of my stupidity but fortunately I have a backup but I don't know how to import my backuped registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Droyk, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Droyk Win User

My registry got corrupted and now I can't boot at all..

so guys my registry got corrupted because of my stupidity but fortunately I have a backup but I don't know how to import my backuped registry

Important Points
    I have tried all the safe modes but still can't get into the computer
    I have another window 10 install on my other hard disk
    2nd my keyboard isn't working only the few key works so I have to work with on screen keyboard which only available in the OS sadly*Sad

:)

Droyk, Nov 17, 2016
  2. kenny48 Win User

windows 10 Apps & features setting results in javascript error

Hi Kalpana Shankarappa,

I tried using the registry backup created by PerfectRegistry to restore registry back to what it was. This appears to totally corrupt my registry since my system became a total vegetable and will no longer boot. None of the recovery options during boot
    fixed the problem, including using reset. The reset fails and is no able to reinstall windows 10. Now I think my registry may have been corrupted before I even upgraded to windows 10 since I was having problems with it on windows 7. I was hoping upgrading
    to windows 10 would clean up the problems. So I think my best bet now is to do a clean install of windows 10.

kenny48, Nov 17, 2016
  3. neilpzz Win User
    All my files got corrupted

How do you know they are corrupt. What happens when you try to open the files and what type of files are they or what do they normally open with.

neilpzz, Nov 17, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Guess that you will be doing a repair install if you do not have a backup of your registry or get into Safe mode.

As for your keyboard. Are you talking about the same machine running Windows 10 on two hard drives or two different machines

bro67, Nov 17, 2016
  5. Droyk Win User
    I said do have a backup of my registry but I don't know how to import it with getting into the computer first
    I am talking about the same machine running 2 windows 10, my main one got corrupted now I am replying via a newely installed one on another hard disk

Droyk, Nov 17, 2016
  6. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Without a working keyboard ?
    As suggested above a repair install is mostly a mouse driven operation so that's the best option at this point.
    Best way to back up the registry is to create a restore point prior to editing it.

How did you back it up ?

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Nov 17, 2016
  7. Droyk Win User
    I back it up via registry editor
    That's the most saddest part I don't have a prior registry point what i have is whole registry backup

Droyk, Nov 17, 2016
  8. My registry got corrupted and now I can't boot at all..

next time you should consider keeping an image backup of your windows installation.
    i am using macrium reflect!

freemannnn, Nov 17, 2016
  9. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

No image back up either ?

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Nov 17, 2016
  10. Droyk Win User
    I will next time*Sad but plz tell me what should I do now

Droyk, Nov 17, 2016
  11. Droyk Win User
    no sadly any other suggestion

Droyk, Nov 17, 2016
  12. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Other than a repair install I can't see what you can do at this point.
    If you'd had a functional keyboard and can still boot into safe mode then, maybe.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Nov 17, 2016
  13. Droyk Win User

Well I have a windows 10 iso file will that work if not anyother suggestion ?

Droyk, Nov 17, 2016
  14. Droyk Win User
    Well I tried to repair it via my bootable win 10 usb but the only option it had is resetting and doesn't seem to work

Droyk, Nov 17, 2016
  15. Droyk Win User
    Well I totally can't boot into safe mode let say I found a working keyboard now plz tell me my next step

Droyk, Nov 17, 2016
Thema:

1. My registry got corrupted and now I can't boot at all.. - Similar Threads - registry got corrupted

2. I got many corrupted files on my boot drive that I can't fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got many corrupted files on my boot drive that I can't fix: So I recently migrated my old SSD to a new one so it would run faster and all that.Then some days later, I get a notification that my pc needs to restart because of some files, so I ran a chkdsk /scan on cmd and it just started making a whole list of corrupted files. I tried...
  3. I got many corrupted files on my boot drive that I can't fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got many corrupted files on my boot drive that I can't fix: So I recently migrated my old SSD to a new one so it would run faster and all that.Then some days later, I get a notification that my pc needs to restart because of some files, so I ran a chkdsk /scan on cmd and it just started making a whole list of corrupted files. I tried...
  4. Corrupt registry that command prompt can't fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt registry that command prompt can't fix: Can't play games related with battle eye service, so i checked and command prompt tells me there are some corrupt, damaged files but it can't fix it , ran DISM command, it says nothing is wrong, while SFC scan says otherwise, please help, thank you....
  5. Corrupt registry that command prompt can't fix

Corrupt registry that command prompt can't fix: Can't play games related with battle eye service, so i checked and command prompt tells me there are some corrupt, damaged files but it can't fix it , ran DISM command, it says nothing is wrong, while SFC scan says otherwise, please help, thank you....
  6. Deleted all the device drivers , now I can't boot into my winods

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deleted all the device drivers , now I can't boot into my winods: I was hoping for drivers to be reinstall Bot now i can't even boot into to the window 10My pc can boot into safe mode with networkingCan I save my pc somehow??...
  7. Deleted all the device drivers , now I can't boot into my winods

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted all the device drivers , now I can't boot into my winods: I was hoping for drivers to be reinstall Bot now i can't even boot into to the window 10My pc can boot into safe mode with networkingCan I save my pc somehow??...
  8. Deleted all the device drivers , now I can't boot into my winods

9. Windows got corrupted while installation, can't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows got corrupted while installation, can't boot: So I am in a weird kind of situation. I was expecting some issues with windows like some apps ( AMD Driver Updates, Razer Cortex ) not installing due to some permission issues ( Eindows cannot find the file specified.). I was on Windows 10 1803. So I thought to reinstall...
  10. Corrupted registry....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corrupted registry....: I have a corrupted registry, the entry for my DVD unit. If I go to the Device Manager it tells me: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19) I have tried everything. Booting from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. regestry database is corrupt cant boot safe mode